hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Still love Hibs

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar

Still love Hibs

Forever. We'll be back. Next stop Europe.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I am very excited about getting back to Easter Road and a possible European trip. Lots to look forward to.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post

Agreed .... we've been here before, lets just hope we learn from it on the park. As I've said before, it's fine to be an angry Hibby, it's fine to be a disappointed Hibby but while you are doing it you are still a Hibby and sticking by the club is what we do ... onwards and hopefully upwards

Of course, it’s unconditional, despite how annoyed I am by yesterday.

Looking forward I am excited to be returning to Easter Road, European footballs and building on this seasons team.
    I have missed it and didn't really feel the pain many did yesterday due to the detachment of not being there and no crowd.

Too soon. I'll no doubt forgive them again in a bit like the complete mug that I am, though.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Looking forward I am excited to be returning to Easter Road, European footballs and building on this seasons team.
    I have missed it and didn't really feel the pain many did yesterday due to the detachment of not being there and no crowd.
    I'm intrigued to see how we invest the funds we get from selling Doig and Nisbet (and potentially Porteous and Boyle).

Like you, I felt a little detached from it yesterday and it certainly wasn't a game that had the butterflies going, that said, I'm still angry at the team and staff for not showing anything near what they are capable of in the biggest game of the season for the team. I'm looking for a mentality shift, a change in style, and much better options for games - that means a bigger squad. Circumstances dictated a smaller squad this year, nothing could have prevented that. But Jack must know now that he cannot run with a squad of such low numbers.

It's also a season where sentiment may have to be cast aside and players we have enjoyed and seen as great servants to the club moved on or loaned out to make space for a far more energetic team.

No doubt

Just really can't be arsed with them for a bit. Yesterday was beyond bad. Will take a lot for this bunch to redeem themselves

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm very optimistic Ron Gordon will bring good times to Hibs. I've a feeling he could be a ruthless bugger too so nobody safe if he thinks they're not up to the job.

@hibs.net private member
    We might lose 1 or 2 but if that happens I think the money should go into an attacking midfielder or two, the fact that we finished third, reached a Scottish Cup final and have players other teams want is a good sign, it would be much worse if no-one wanted any of our players, there is no reason why we can't have another good campaign next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    I'm very optimistic Ron Gordon will bring good times to Hibs. I've a feeling he could be a ruthless bugger too so nobody safe if he thinks they're not up to the job.
    I am optimistic he will as well, but sadly its not entirely in his hands. If Rangers and Celtic are good sides again, both of them, our chances are extremely slim of winning something. Ron could do everything right and never get a better shot than yesterday to win something. Thats not to say we wont, but the club averages a major trophy every 15 years or so. To blow the chances we have this season is really rough. They are unlikely to just walk around again.

Consistent league performance is something I think we will see. But I think it would take something big for us to win a cup in the next 5/10 years.

Hibs are bigger than the current manager, owner, group of players or coach driver. All of those people are transient, the fans are the one constant and it's us who ensure the club passes on to each new generation. Everyone else is nothing more than a custodian, whatever the legal status of their position.

The concept of not loving Hibs is just alien to me, there is certainly no result on the park that could ever make me question that love. I'm quite glad to have a break from the club for a bit but come July or whenever the 1st game back is I'll be ready to go with everyone else.

Hibs are an institution that is bigger than any result, performance or person. The love is unconditional.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Love the club unconditionally but this is up there with the most detached I’ve ever felt from them, don’t know if it’s simply because we’ve not been at the football for over a year or if it’s just the current incumbents. A dreary, dry, robotic manager and by and large a bunch of characterless, average and safe and steady players who on the showing of their performance yesterday and last nights antics could not give a ****. Boring.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

We all do and never will stop till the day I die.

I don’t think I’ve endured a long exhausting season in a long time it’s just a shame how it’s ended after such a promising season.

With the right in and outs it could be another long ride!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    Then Jack Ross shouldn’t be around much longer at Hibs.

“Oh oh but he finished 3rd” is the type of things said to defend is inability to win a trophy that any decent manager would have won at least one of this season.

So let’s hope he is ruthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Then Jack Ross shouldn’t be around much longer at Hibs.

“Oh oh but he finished 3rd” is the type of things said to defend is inability to win a trophy that any decent manager would have won at least one of this season.

So let’s hope he is ruthless.
    But only 2 managers in Scotland won a major trophy, 40 didn't. Should they all be punted?

He wont punt Ross now. Trust me when I say, plenty of managers would've ****ed it up in the cups.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Hibs are bigger than the current manager, owner, group of players or coach driver. All of those people are transient, the fans are the one constant and it's us who ensure the club passes on to each new generation. Everyone else is nothing more than a custodian, whatever the legal status of their position.

The concept of not loving Hibs is just alien to me, there is certainly no result on the park that could ever make me question that love. I'm quite glad to have a break from the club for a bit but come July or whenever the 1st game back is I'll be ready to go with everyone else.

Hibs are an institution that is bigger than any result, performance or person. The love is unconditional.
    Well said

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    I’m angry with them. But I love them.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    It's because I love Hibs that I sometimes hate them.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar

We said, PB. Of course we all love the club, it's just they make it hard sometimes. Fans of every club have a lifelong relationship with them; it's an addiction that can't be overcome. Sometimes we say we hate them, but don't actually mean it, in the same we've all told a sibling we hate them, during an argument. The next day it's all forgotten. A lot of people are angry and are letting off steam.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

If Hibs were my girlfriend then they would have been dumped long ago.
    Right now i hate Hibs.These fu××××s have caused me endless dissapointment in my 50 odd years.
    Derbies in the 80s when Robo smashed us countless times was bad. Thinking about it now, i should have walked away then. 🤔 But i didn't and probably never will.

This is it