hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar

Cup Final Positive Thread

Can we have a thread that concentrates on how well we play? Most match threads involve arguments about his player playing well and others not so much. We have made the Final and in many way he pressure is off. Let's chat about how well we are doing and stop slating individuals. Every week week get constant negativity from some contributors on here. Let's have a place where we can concentrate on the positives. If you want to slag of players, start another chat!

2. Log in to remove the advert

I'd say any criticism of players during the match is better kept to the match thread rather than a breakaway thread because seemingly someone's particular criticism is worthy of a thread all of its own. Specific player discussions should wait until the match has finished imo.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can we have a thread that concentrates on how well we play? Most match threads involve arguments about his player playing well and others not so much. We have made the Final and in many way he pressure is off. Let's chat about how well we are doing and stop slating individuals. Every week week get constant negativity from some contributors on here. Let's have a place where we can concentrate on the positives. If you want to slag of players, start another chat!
    We finished above them in the league. We have better players. We’re “due” against them.

I respect humility, they’re a decent team. They have a Scotland stalwart as a manager, they have the capability of beating us. I wouldn’t begrudge them if they do.

But player by player we’re far better. Jack has far more experience. We’re hurting and, surely to ****, are 100% concentrated to avenge them.

I’m not confident at all. But I’m as confident as I’ve ever been.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    We finished above them in the league. We have better players. We’re “due” against them.

I respect humility, they’re a decent team. They have a Scotland stalwart as a manager, they have the capability of beating us. I wouldn’t begrudge them if they do.

But player by player we’re far better. Jack has far more experience. We’re hurting and, surely to ****, are 100% concentrated to avenge them.

With you there. GGTTH 👍

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post

So lets have a thread where we appreciate our players and express confidence. We can respect them but not slag out players off. I want to hear how well we are playing and that can also express a view that they are up against good players.

Left by mutual consent!
    I don’t care about any of this pish. I hope it makes you feel better but it’s ultimately meaningless. Hibs need to win tomorrow. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    I don’t care about any of this pish. I hope it makes you feel better but it’s ultimately meaningless. Hibs need to win tomorrow. The end.
    You don't care how well we play???

Left by mutual consent!
    I care how many goals hibs score in comparison to the other team. How well we play? Who gives a ****. These games are the opposite of enjoyable They are like a bizarre form of water torture.

So lets have a thread where we appreciate our players and express confidence. We can respect them but not slag out players off. I want to hear how well we are playing and that can also express a view that they are up against good players.
    No problem bud.

Nisbet is the best young striker in Scotland. Best headerer and finisherer out there. He’s winning this for us then the Euros.
    Doidge is the biggest, most beautiful Welsh basketball international Hibs sexy ******* I ever did see.
    Boyle is a sex machine, oozing pure sass.
    Jack Ross dresses probably as well as he can manage, ie: classily.

I’m as confident as I ever have been with Hibs. Which isn’t very, lol.

The above reads a bit gay, which I’m not. But still. We got this.

I think we'll play well and won't give them a sniff. 3-0. Daz and Melker to start........

First Team Breakthrough
    This the kind of thread we need, we do need to be positive, we all need to stick together today, we can do this hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Wide awake club.....feeling confident today😎

Nope I just want to see Hibs lift the cup if they play well it is a bonus.

We're the better team. We have gift wrapped them 3 wins against us this season as a result of individual errors. If we can avoid doing that then we should be winning this.

Nothing is a given in football but I'm quietly confident about this Hibs team today. We are a better side than the one that lost the LC semi and have hit a decent stride in the last few games.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Hibs could have 20 shots against them 0 shots for hibs and about 10 percent possession, get a late goal scored by anyone and I wouldn't care. If you want entertainment go to the cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Hibs could have 20 shots against them 0 shots for hibs and about 10 percent possession, get a late goal scored by anyone and I wouldn't care. If you want entertainment go to the cinema.

Last minute own goal an inch over the white wash will do me. As long as we win!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed. Just find a way to win. That’s all. End of. Loads of the team in very good form and should be rating to go having been rested v Celtic. Leave it all on the pitch. Such a cliche but so true. I’m sure even sdg won’t mind if his iconic goal is joined by another win.

If we win, not in the slightest.

Obviously winning at a canter and playing like 1970s Brazil is the preference but as long as we score one more goal than St Johnstone I really couldn't care less about the performance today.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    We're the better team. We have gift wrapped them 3 wins against us this season as a result of individual errors. If we can avoid doing that then we should be winning this.

Nothing is a given in football but I'm quietly confident about this Hibs team today. We are a better side than the one that lost the LC semi and have hit a decent stride in the last few games.
    Oh I hate reading about people feeling quietly confident when it comes to Hibs and cup finals, that tends to make me feel loudly nervous. Agree with the rest. We can and need to win this in 90 minutes.

I'm very confident about today.

My brother's had a feeling we would win the cup ever since we played Stranraer and I think that's eventually rubbed off on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'm very confident about today.

My brother's had a feeling we would win the cup ever since we played Stranraer and I think that's eventually rubbed off on me.

BOYLE, DOIDGE & NISBET ..... got a feeling they are going to run riot today ....

Mark my words, Drey Wright will be the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Greencore View Post
    Just looking for place to avoid the negativity and arguments that the Match Day Thread seem to attract. If you don't want to be positive, you don't need to contribute to this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Mark my words, Drey Wright will be the hero.
    90+2 match winning header from Drey Wright, imagine!

On the topic of last minute winners, if it comes down to another extra time winner, who would everyone want to score it? Sir Christian Doidge sounds good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Testimonial Due
    I don't think we have played St Johnstone with Doidge, Nisbet and Boyle all starting... we will get chances and if the 3 of them can continue their form and take them we will win

@hibs.net private member
    If we can get an early goal I think that will create space for Boyle. He can then have a "Stokeslike" performance and lead us to victory.

Wish it was St Mirren we were playing though.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    The players and manager got us to the final, they got us 3rd in the league, I've been unusually quietly confident about this one.

Headed up to Edinburgh last minute yesterday and had an enjoyable afternoon listening to the family yam who says its job done for them as the league was always the target ranting about poor old Partick and nasty Brechin City for some reason. He's going swimming today.

Great times to be a Hibby.

GGTTH.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Left by mutual consent!
    Cmon Hibs. Please do this.

All the best for Jack Ross and the Players today - become legends!

First goal is crucial today.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Love the man. Sir Alan of Stubbs

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction