hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Josh Taylor

Josh Taylor

Go and do it tonight. Little or no coverage of this especially on Sky. Josh should have checked his dates though.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    Yeah good luck tonight it’s on the FITE app in the uk

Fingers crossed for a Hibs JT double.

@hibs.net private member CyberSauzee's Avatar
    Not expected to start until about 4 in the morning.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Taylor wins on points

had Ramirez down in the 6th and 7th

get him in our first team ;)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 23-05-2021 at 03:02 AM.

First Team Breakthrough northgreen24's Avatar
    Superb stuff

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 23-05-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Well done Josh💚

Now that’s how you put on a performance

No freezing on the big stage for TTT! Or looking to avoid injury 😂 Take a bow son 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🌪🥊👏🏻

I’m not a big boxing fan but would he be considered Scotlands greatest ever?

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Yes.
    I'll vote for Kenny

Quote Originally Posted by Tambo View Post
    Not for me, Ken Buchanan is still our greatest ever.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Well worth the hangover today, never been prouder. Wee boy from the Pans taking over the world.

Superb performance Josh GOAT. Surprised by the lack of coverage on the TV.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Not for me, Ken Buchanan is still our greatest ever.
    Buchanan was unbelievable he had 4 European title fights won 2 lost 2, 5 World title fights won 3 lost 2. Although controversial finish against Duran was unfair, he was well beaten against a genius. His win in the heat of Panama his high point, headlining madison square garden and a win against a future world champion in watt also.

Taylor has fought 4 World title's and won 4. His last 5 opponents were undefeated, last 6 opponents the record is 136 wins 1 defeat. Becomes only the 5th 4 belt champion. The crazy thing is he's only in his 18th fight so at the beginning.

It's close two legends of the sport

I am sure that Barry McGuigan said that Josh is the best technical boxer he has ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    I am sure that Barry McGuigan said that Josh is the best technical boxer he has ever seen.
    Josh, if you could kick **** out of St Johnstone we’d appreciate it.

if that *****bags had an ounce of your heart. Well done boy, you’re one of the best boxers walked. Welterweight is tough, but all luck punching your way though that division. You’re capable. Crawford is fallible.

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    He’s ****in brilliant. Was at O2 and he was so concentrated vs Prograis. Clever fighter, tough fighter. Let’s make the most of him, boy’s class.

I remember heading to the Braehead Arena just under 4 years ago to watch Taylor fight O'Hara Davies. Taylor was a slight favourite but there was a feeling Davies could pose him problems and the winner of the fight would go on to the top. Josh absolutely battered him. Davies had brief success after being knocked down in the 3rd but JT broke him and had the skill and intelligence to see it out.

The speed of his rise to the top is amazing. After 18 fights some guys are not long graduated from journeymen, maybe 1 or 2 domestic or continental title fights. Since the aforementioned Davies fight Taylor has fought 8 times against guys with a combined record of 205 wins to 9 defeats. His last 5 opponents were all unbeaten when they fought him. He won a world title in his 14th fight.

He's a phenomenal athlete. A technically beautiful boxer, super fit, durable, brave, fast and he's getting better. Watching him last night his jab is on a different level from what it was only 3 or 4 fights ago. It was arguably the weakest part of his game not that long ago, last night it was razor sharp, that allowed him to feint and try to draw Ramirez with that because he was wary of the jab landing.

He's just a brilliant boxer and deserves to appear on the biggest platforms.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I remember heading to the Braehead Arena just under 4 years ago to watch Taylor fight O'Hara Davies. Taylor was a slight favourite but there was a feeling Davies could pose him problems and the winner of the fight would go on to the top. Josh absolutely battered him. Davies had brief success after being knocked down in the 3rd but JT broke him and had the skill and intelligence to see it out.

The speed of his rise to the top is amazing. After 18 fights some guys are not long graduated from journeymen, maybe 1 or 2 domestic or continental title fights. Since the aforementioned Davies fight Taylor has fought 8 times against guys with a combined record of 205 wins to 9 defeats. His last 5 opponents were all unbeaten when they fought him. He won a world title in his 14th fight.

He's a phenomenal athlete. A technically beautiful boxer, super fit, durable, brave, fast and he's getting better. Watching him last night his jab is on a different level from what it was only 3 or 4 fights ago. It was arguably the weakest part of his game not that long ago, last night it was razor sharp, that allowed him to feint and try to draw Ramirez with that because he was wary of the jab landing.

Davies was actually the bookies favourite that night, guessing purely down to being a matchroom fighter at the time. He gets doubted nearly every time he steps up and answers the questions emphatically every single time. Every fight from here on in will be huge commercially for him and he deserves it. I’ll guess he’ll have 7/8 more fights and then get out when he’s earned enough and his health is still in tact.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Word perfect bud.

Do I think he can take Crawford/Thurman? Probably not, but maybe? He’s punch perfect thus far.And they’re the best on the planet, at the ultimate weight. That we’re even talking about him in those terms is incredible. Nowt to do with Hibs, but he’s even better than Rickie Burns. And he was something special.

Can Josh do it? Honestly, maybe?

I thought the scorecards were really harsh. 114-112, did the judges honestly have that as a draw minus the 2 knockdowns?!!!

Just settling down to watch it now. Fantastic achievement by Josh.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    I thought the scorecards were really harsh. 114-112, did the judges honestly have that as a draw minus the 2 knockdowns?!!!

Very brave (Probably stupid) tactics from Ben. Trusting judges vs a latino judge in Vegas? Ye mad?

Haven’t seen it yet but that’s imsane. Good as Josh is, he needs a better trsiner I think.

Quote Originally Posted by camthebam View Post
    Very brave (Probably stupid) tactics from Ben. Trusting judges vs a latino judge in Vegas? Ye mad?

Haven’t seen it yet but that’s imsane. Good as Josh is, he needs a better trsiner I think.
    Tactics were spot on. They knew Ramirez would tire and make mistakes. Scorecards should’ve been wider, however to win on cards in America shows how clear cut the win was. If there was any doubt those cards would’ve been the other way.

Just watched it. Superb performance. I had it by 4 but I was trying to be extremely impartial. Watched a few of the post fight interviews and he speaks very well. Mentioned Easter Road as a possible venue for a future fight but the castle seemed a more likely venue. Talking about moving up a weight and facing Terence Crawford. What comes over most for me is his intellect of the art of boxing. I listen to many boxers speaking after fights or as pundits but Josh’s knowledge of ringcraft is up there with the best of them. His career after boxing is assured provided that is what he chooses to do.

Great achievement. He talked in the build-up about how he hoped to make it a double celebration with Hibs winning the cup, so I wouldn't be surprised if he took out some of his frustration at that result on his opponent!