hibs.net Messageboard

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33414243
Results 1,261 to 1,266 of 1266

Thread: Joma kits

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    In the Euros, teams couldn’t wear similar coloured shorts - Italy wearing dark blue in a few games when they played a team in white shorts. Is that rule in place here as well now?
    According to the SPFL rules yeah.... hence why we wore white shorts against Motherwell in the first game of the season with our away kit as Motherwell wore dark maroon shorts.

This is the rule, but i have seen some games played with clashes, i guess its down to the referee preach to allow it.... which to me just shows the poor standard of officiating in Scotland, the rules were amended to help them make decisions on hand balls, corners etc... sometimes the officials see it hit a body part and can only identify who's body part it was by the colour or shade of the strip/shorts. To allow games to proceed with these clashes just shows how much they don't care and think they know better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    According to the SPFL rules yeah.... hence why we wore white shorts against Motherwell in the first game of the season with our away kit as Motherwell wore dark maroon shorts.
    I like this rule. It provides more variety with the kits and follows proper Uefa guidelines.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post

This is the rule, but i have seen some games played with clashes, i guess its down to the referee preach to allow it.... which to me just shows the poor standard of officiating in Scotland, the rules were amended to help them make decisions on hand balls, corners etc... sometimes the officials see it hit a body part and can only identify who's body part it was by the colour or shade of the strip/shorts. To allow games to proceed with these clashes just shows how much they don't care and think they know better.
    Did both Old Firm teams not play in white shorts last week?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Rangers normally wear all blue or their away kit against us at Easter Road.

Would be satisfying turning up at Celtic park and playing in green while that shower have to wear an old kit.
    I hear ye, but there's also something equally satisfying about winning a 'battle of the greens' (them in the hoops they choried from us).

@hibs.net private member
    Like I said these things are signed off by the ref pre match… I’d guess no ref would wanna piss off any of the old Firm.