hibs.net Messageboard

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1266

Thread: Joma kits

@hibs.net private member
    Any rumours on our third kit… surely they would have had to submit it to UEFA for the conference league qualifiers?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any rumours on our third kit… surely they would have had to submit it to UEFA for the conference league qualifiers?
    It's yellow. Beyond that I have no idea.

I'd love us to go absolutely mental with out 3rd kit one year. Home strip should always be safe and classic but the awy and particularly a 3rd strip when required should be a chance to try something different.

I love the trend in England and abroad for 3rd kits to be retro efforts or totally abstract and out there. Of course there are a lot of misses but there have been a few crackers as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    It's yellow. Beyond that I have no idea.

I'd love us to go absolutely mental with out 3rd kit one year. Home strip should always be safe and classic but the awy and particularly a 3rd strip when required should be a chance to try something different.

I love the trend in England and abroad for 3rd kits to be retro efforts or totally abstract and out there. Of course there are a lot of misses but there have been a few crackers as well.
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s this top Macey is wearing which appears to be a short sleeve top with a long sleeve top underneath.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR5uaw1r...dium=copy_link

Left by mutual consent!
    Just purchased training t shirt. Looks cool

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Anybody been up to the shop in the last couple of days and did you notice if the new polo tops were in.

https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/tr...ining-polo-snr
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    That purple training top is cracking
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That purple training top is cracking
    Yeah I agree they would’ve been a nice third kit.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Anybody been up to the shop in the last couple of days and did you notice if the new polo tops were in.

https://www.hiberniandirect.co.uk/tr...ining-polo-snr
    Was in today, new polos in. Really smart and a bit different, just the tiny collar put me off. Ended up buying the purple training top - which I’ll have to return as it’s too small. XL in Under Armour as an example but I’ll need XXXL in Joma. Sizing similar to Macron, so I suppose my own fault. Not being able to use a changing room is a pain.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/...301231104?s=21

Hearts have had a shocker with their kits this year IMO.
    Don’t think that’s so bad…what is bad is the ‘Always Hearts’ branding and the brutal font they have chosen for their crap slogan.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakhog1 View Post
    I'm normally a large but the top felt a tad tight, had to go up a size to XL, got to say the away top is an absolute beauty
    Last season after taking advice on here I bought the third yellow shirt and usually being a solid Large upsized to an XL. This season Ive bought the white away shirt but risked it with my usual L. I was fearing the worse but no problem. Measuring them with a tape last seasons third shirt size XL is exactly the same size as this seasons white L.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/...4-95-pre-order

Not joma kits but saw this on Twitter. Looks a very good remake

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s this top Macey is wearing which appears to be a short sleeve top with a long sleeve top underneath.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CR5uaw1r...dium=copy_link
    I thought that was just the keepers jersey? Hes been wearing it all pre season.

Is it being yellow just a rumour, or do we know that for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    That Mineiro top is so good.

Don’t know why we didn’t have the map on our away as well .would have showed up much better than on the green

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    https://twitter.com/jamtarts/status/...301231104?s=21

Hearts have had a shocker with their kits this year IMO.
    Don’t think it’s that bad ,would look nicer just plain in the middle then I suppose it would just be a training top or tee shirt

Left by mutual consent!
    Picked up a training shirt today and, just like the strips, they run smaller. I'm always a medium but had to go for a large. Really smart the anthracite and green one. The quality is of a high standard.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    https://retrofcshirts.bigcartel.com/...4-95-pre-order

Not joma kits but saw this on Twitter. Looks a very good remake
    I bought one… it’s not worth £42… it’s good but definitely not worthy of £42.

I’ll give them credit for the accuracy of the design etc, but it’s no better than the knock offs you get on your holidays.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I bought one… it’s not worth £42… it’s good but definitely not worthy of £42.

I’ll give them credit for the accuracy of the design etc, but it’s no better than the knock offs you get on your holidays.
    Ah fair enough.

First Team Breakthrough
    Got the purple and grey 1/4 zip yesterday. Usually a L but got XL. It cost £40 but have to say that I am really impressed with the quality. Quality wise seems a cut above Macron gear. Really thick and will be great for winter under a jacket. Was overall impressed by the Joma stuff I looked at. Nice designs and really good quality.

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    I go between a L & XL usually in polo tops, the new polo to is fine on me in the L, although I'm no' keen on that silky material.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Third strip

Has there been any update on a third kit?

Seems to me the only team we ‘need’ to wear a change for is Celtic. Our change kit will still be a clash with Celtic home.

Even worse problem for Celtic, their away top (white with green) and third strip (all green) both clash with Hibs home. Celtic could go back to last years 3rd kit (black) which is with the same manufacturer, I assume that would be a problem with Hibs and the change to Jota.

I like the strips this year but it does seem a bit daft to not have a change strip that you can use in the event of a clash. Albeit I accept that the clash with Celtic is a bit of a modern phenomenon (tv driven I reckon)

Quote Originally Posted by Creamofthegods View Post

Seems to me the only team we ‘need’ to wear a change for is Celtic. Our change kit will still be a clash with Celtic home.

Even worse problem for Celtic, their away top (white with green) and third strip (all green) both clash with Hibs home. Celtic could go back to last years 3rd kit (black) which is with the same manufacturer, I assume that would be a problem with Hibs and the change to Jota.

I like the strips this year but it does seem a bit daft to not have a change strip that you can use in the event of a clash. Albeit I accept that the clash with Celtic is a bit of a modern phenomenon (tv driven I reckon)
    I haven't heard anything.

I think a lot more fuss is made about change strips Vs Celtic than is needed. Each home side wears their home strip and the other one just tends to sort something out, Celtic wore an old pink strip against us recently I think, can be an old seasons strip doesn't really matter too much.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar

Hibs will be fine in green shorts with the home kit but it’ll never happen. I don’t even class Celtic as a team that wears green, they play in all white with a a couple horizontal green stripes. We clash more with the likes of Dundee
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    I haven't heard anything.

I think a lot more fuss is made about change strips Vs Celtic than is needed. Each home side wears their home strip and the other one just tends to sort something out, Celtic wore an old pink strip against us recently I think, can be an old seasons strip doesn't really matter too much.

I totally agree that it’s not necessary and not really a clash, photos from as recent as the 90s with both teams wearing home kit, wasn’t a problem then. Maybe eyesight wasn’t better?

however it is regarded as a clash by the league and I assume tv. Celtic can wear last seasons kit as same manufacturer but not sure Hibs can?

I still think it’s a bit mad that this isn’t a factor in the design process.

on a similar note, Celtic are playing Betis this week and will have a clash there, I can’t see an obvious change for them so assuming Betis play in home kit, Celtic will have to find a change.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Hibs will be fine in green shorts with the home kit but it’ll never happen. I don’t even class Celtic as a team that wears green, they play in all white with a a couple horizontal green stripes. We clash more with the likes of Dundee

Agree it’s not that much of a clash and changing shorts makes it white v green. But it’s clear the league see it differently.

remember when Scotland had to wear an away strip against England because of white sleeves on the shorts?, seems to me tolerance for any kind of clash is pretty low these days

Agree it’s not that much of a clash and changing shorts makes it white v green. But it’s clear the league see it differently.

remember when Scotland had to wear an away strip against England because of white sleeves on the shorts?, seems to me tolerance for any kind of clash is pretty low these days
    Is it not a fifa or uefa rule at international level about clashes?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member
    So currently the rules state that the shirt body, sleeves, shorts and socks cannot clash or be similar.

The rules do however state that if the visiting team doesn't have a registered kit that meets all conditions that the home team are then due to wear a kit that means there will not be a clash. In this instance Celtic would likely have to wear their black kit from last year, ,both at Parkhead and at Easter Road.

So currently the rules state that the shirt body, sleeves, shorts and socks cannot clash or be similar.

The rules do however state that if the visiting team doesn't have a registered kit that meets all conditions that the home team are then due to wear a kit that means there will not be a clash. In this instance Celtic would likely have to wear their black kit from last year, ,both at Parkhead and at Easter Road.
    Would be satisfying turning up at Celtic park and playing in green while that shower have to wear an old kit.

@hibs.net private member
    Would be satisfying turning up at Celtic park and playing in green while that shower have to wear an old kit.
    It would indeed and the seethe from their fans would be huge lololololololol

In the Euros, teams couldn’t wear similar coloured shorts - Italy wearing dark blue in a few games when they played a team in white shorts. Is that rule in place here as well now?