hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 1 of 29 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 868

Thread: Joma kits

  1. #1
    First Team Breakthrough AliboyFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Newcastle
    Age
    16
    Posts
    291
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: MixerAlizz

    Joma kits

    It's official our kit maker next season is joma. Would have rather kept macron imo.
    Last edited by AliboyFC; 02-06-2021 at 10:22 AM.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by AliboyFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's official are kit maker next season is joma. Would have rather kept macron imo.
    Joma are giving us more money than Macron so itís instantly a better deal.

    Iím not particularly excited by the brand Joma as I associate it with pub teams but if theyíre good enough for Anderlecht, Villarreal, Atalanta and the Ukrainian national team then weíre not in a position to turn our nose up at them.

  4. #3
    Testimonial Due blaikie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,257
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex
    Be interesting to see what their designs are, I still miss Nike!

  5. #4
    Does anyone know how much the initial 3 year Macron deal was worth to us?

    I have been looking at Joma kits for a while when they were romoured to be our kit supplier and I quite like the stuff they do.

  6. #5

    I hate Macron stuff

    I do not care who the supplies the next strip as long as it comes in decent sizes. I hate Macron stuff, as it is all figure hugging and does not suit my body shape ( waist larger than Chest ), so I am very glad they are no longer Hibs suppliers.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  8. #7
    First Team Breakthrough AliboyFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Location
    Newcastle
    Age
    16
    Posts
    291
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joma are giving us more money than Macron so itís instantly a better deal.

    Iím not particularly excited by the brand Joma as I associate it with pub teams but if theyíre good enough for Anderlecht, Villarreal, Atalanta and the Ukrainian national team then weíre not in a position to turn our nose up at them.
    Their tops are awful but we'll just have to see how the hibs one will look.

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,483
    If that's a deal just being agreed now then they've only got 5 weeks to get everything done and the strips out before the school holidays, which I believe is when they try to get them out by. Would be surprised if they are this year.

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by AliboyFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Their tops are awful but we'll just have to see how the hibs one will look.
    Donít get me wrong Iím a bit of a brand snob myself. Iím not ever likely to be buying a Joma t shirt, trainers or tracksuit to wear and Iím sure we wonít see our manager sporting Joma gear on the touchline any time soon but I donít care really.

    Iím too old and fat for football kits now anyway, my boy wonít care who makes it and heís the only one I know thatíd be wearing it other than the players. As long as it makes the club £1 more than the next best deal on the table then Iím fine with it!

    My only one hope is that they do long sleeve keeper strips, thatís been my bug bear this season. The keeper strips have looked great but not the most practical for my laddie playing in goals on the astroturf! Keepers strips shouldnít be fashion items unless designed by Jorge Campos IMO.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope thatís our home strip just so I can enjoy the fall out from the launch on here.

  12. #11
    Testimonial Due MrRobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    30
    Posts
    4,717
    Gamer IDs

    PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's a deal just being agreed now then they've only got 5 weeks to get everything done and the strips out before the school holidays, which I believe is when they try to get them out by. Would be surprised if they are this year.
    The deal has only just been announced, itís likely it was agreed weeks ago and the strips already designed.

    If the deal starts June 1st, iíd expect thatís when the home kit will launch.

  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope thatís our home strip just so I can enjoy the fall out from the launch on here.
    If that's the training kit I don't see a problem. My wife has asked what the spiders web on the current training kit is all about
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  14. #13
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,125
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joma are giving us more money than Macron so itís instantly a better deal.

    Iím not particularly excited by the brand Joma as I associate it with pub teams but if theyíre good enough for Anderlecht, Villarreal, Atalanta and the Ukrainian national team then weíre not in a position to turn our nose up at them.
    Only a better deal if the fans buy it, Bingo
    Iím too old to be buying strips now, but love a classic basic Hibs strip

  15. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Joma are giving us more money than Macron so itís instantly a better deal.

    Iím not particularly excited by the brand Joma as I associate it with pub teams but if theyíre good enough for Anderlecht, Villarreal, Atalanta and the Ukrainian national team then weíre not in a position to turn our nose up at them.
    Honduras in the WC too

  16. #15
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I hope thatís our home strip just so I can enjoy the fall out from the launch on here.
    They've not even bothered to put a Hibs badge on it! I won't be back.
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  17. #16
    Ginger goal machine nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Cambridge
    Age
    35
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Honduras in the WC too
    And Spain*


    *futsal team
    Logan, McGregor, Hanlon (Gunnarsson 83), Fontaine (Henderson 70), Gray, Fyvie, McGeouch, McGinn, Stevenson, Stokes, Cummings (Keatings 65)

  18. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If that's a deal just being agreed now then they've only got 5 weeks to get everything done and the strips out before the school holidays, which I believe is when they try to get them out by. Would be surprised if they are this year.
    Deal will have been done months ago. Hence why there's a promo video etc lined up. Couldn't really promote a switch in kit manufacturer half way through a season when Macron were still sponsoring us

  19. #18
    Interesting to see who the sponsor is.....

  20. #19
    As long as it's green and white I don't care who makes it. I won't be wearing it anyway

  21. #20
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,833

    Thumbs Up

    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As long as it makes the club £1 more than the next best deal on the table then Iím fine with it!.
    Do you mean from selling strips?

    Iíve no idea how these deals work but are we not simply a customer of Joma? We ask for strips, they quote a price and we buy them to sell on?

    I donít think they will be giving us a lump sum up front and then making their money back via a % of sales.

    Anyone know how these things usually work?

  22. #21
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you mean from selling strips?

    Iíve no idea how these deals work but are we not simply a customer of Joma? We ask for strips, they quote a price and we buy them to sell on?

    I donít think they will be giving us a lump sum up front and then making their money back via a % of sales.

    Anyone know how these things usually work?
    Absolutely no idea, Iím just basing it on the club saying it was a deal worth 7 figures to us over the 3 years.

  23. #22
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    The East
    Age
    49
    Posts
    4,833
    Yeah not fussed either. As you say, more is better

  24. #23
    @hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Bellevue
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,979
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting to see who the sponsor is.....
    No inside information but I have a suspicion it might be Eden Mill.

  25. #24
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    5,483
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The deal has only just been announced, itís likely it was agreed weeks ago and the strips already designed.

    If the deal starts June 1st, iíd expect thatís when the home kit will launch.
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Deal will have been done months ago. Hence why there's a promo video etc lined up. Couldn't really promote a switch in kit manufacturer half way through a season when Macron were still sponsoring us
    OK thanks. There weren't any links in this thread so I didn't know any of the details. Probably should have looked for myself before posting. Cheers.

  26. #25
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,125
    Quote Originally Posted by overdrive View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No inside information but I have a suspicion it might be Eden Mill.
    Are you allowed a spirit as your main sponsor

  27. #26
    I remember having my reservations when it was announced LCS would manufacture our kits as I frowned upon them as cheap and more akin to supplying smaller clubs such as Kilmarnock, Dunfermline etc at that time but I was quckly won over by some of the stuff they produced so I will be keeping an open mind as to what will come of this.

    On paper a 7 figure deal is not to be scoffed at and had we gone with a mainstream brand we would only be getting half a*sed templaints so im looking forward to seeing what Joma produce.

  28. #27
    @hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,342

  29. #28
    Think it's our most lucrative contract ever for kits. Might be wrong though

  30. #29
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,125
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you mean from selling strips?

    Iíve no idea how these deals work but are we not simply a customer of Joma? We ask for strips, they quote a price and we buy them to sell on?

    I donít think they will be giving us a lump sum up front and then making their money back via a % of sales.

    Anyone know how these things usually work?
    Iím presuming thereís some guaranteed payments, and theyíll be getting some advertising boards at ER and at East Mains

  31. #30
    @hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    2,065
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Replace the ĎJí with the club crest, put the ĎJí on the white band on the sleeves and they have a winner.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)