hibs.net Messageboard

Page 44 of 64 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1894
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    EXCLUSIVE! Aberdeen make Jim Goodwin approach but St Mirren boot out request for talks #SMFC

https://t.co/4NtwT18Z3b https://t.co/8wdZNYlVj2
    Goodwin would be who I'd want if I were Aberdeen.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Goodwin looks like he would front up to a player for a square go.

I think Goodwin's an excellent manager.

From a Hibs perspective we could do without him going to Aberdeen.

Another risky experiment, similar to their own last appointment and our own current one, would be more likely to crash and burn.

A manager with a decent record at a lower level and deserving of an opportunity to work with greater resource might be a problem.

I'd have been very happy with Goodwin at Hibs - was between him and Neil for me, if we had to replace Ross.

Sunday was encouraging though, hopefully we'll kick on and improve from here.

You'd think £250k to release Goodwin wouldn't be an issue for Aberdeen but i was reading that they went over budget on players for this season and they have their stadium to build (think it's still going ahead). I like Goodwin though. Wouldn't have been disappointed if we'd gone for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    You'd think £250k to release Goodwin wouldn't be an issue for Aberdeen but i was reading that they went over budget on players for this season and they have their stadium to build (think it's still going ahead). I like Goodwin though. Wouldn't have been disappointed if we'd gone for him.
    Cormack's family trust does have the cash to splash some seem to think. He's paid off McInnes and now Glass and his coaching team and needs to pay compo to another team to snaffle their manager. He's blown a full season's worthof football budget on one job and cannot afford to burn cash in the short to medium term. Sheepies about to learn about living within his means and the long slow rebuild, probably starting in the Championship.

Blog Entries
    Derek Adams sacked by Bradford after a few months. Couldn’t happen to a nicer guy.

Goodwin and Aberdeen now looking very likely.
    I wouldn't want him here so can imagine a few of the natives getting a bit restless up there.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Goodwin is a decent coach. Wouldn’t have minded him at Hibs

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Scorrie View Post
    I think Goodwin is a decent coach. Wouldn’t have minded him at Hibs
    Like him too - think he’ll do well. Mind you , think Ross would do better .

He was getting pelters from the St Mirren fans as recently as January after they went 11 games without a win - not the first such run under him.

He is simply flavour of the month because they are on a decent run just now. I know they beat us recently but it's not as if they played us off the park or anything.

You never know how somebody will do at a new club but he wouldn't be for me.

Ross would be the cheap logical option. Goodwin would be decent in my opinion but Aberdeen fans think they can do better than both by the looks of it.

First Team Breakthrough
    goodwin should take time to think here as glass got very little time and has been disposed of too quickly in my opinion. mcinnes fair enough probably had taken them as far as he cpuld have. think brown has been a mistake there loved him at hibs and scotland hated him at celtic but admired him but this year at aberdeen he has been hit and miss some of the younger guys in particular have been flying past him. he is no longer able to dominate manipulate in all the games like he was used to doing. think if goodwin does go there thatll be it for scott and he will be coaching as opposed to playing.

First Team Breakthrough
    There was a guy on the radio this morning who runs an Aberdeen podcast.
    He was somewhat lukewarm (to say the least) about the possible appointment of the likes of Jim Goodwin or Jack Ross.
    His preference was for Aberdeen to look abroad and he named two Dutch managers who are currently managing in the Netherlands.My knowledge of Dutch football is non existent,and I didn’t have a clue who he was referring to.
    The sheep fans are currently restless and are looking for Dave Cormack to produce some magic from his big hat(I assume he has a big hat to fit his big head).
    I may have missed it but I’m surprised Paul Hartley hasn’t been named as a contender.
    Any reason for this omission?

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman View Post
    There was a guy on the radio this morning who runs an Aberdeen podcast.
    He was somewhat lukewarm (to say the least) about the possible appointment of the likes of Jim Goodwin or Jack Ross.
    His preference was for Aberdeen to look abroad and he named two Dutch managers who are currently managing in the Netherlands.My knowledge of Dutch football is non existent,and I didn’t have a clue who he was referring to.
    The sheep fans are currently restless and are looking for Dave Cormack to produce some magic from his big hat(I assume he has a big hat to fit his big head).
    I may have missed it but I’m surprised Paul Hartley hasn’t been named as a contender.
    Any reason for this omission?
    Harry Vandershepherd is in the frame.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I think Goodwin's an excellent manager.

From a Hibs perspective we could do without him going to Aberdeen.

Another risky experiment, similar to their own last appointment and our own current one, would be more likely to crash and burn.

A manager with a decent record at a lower level and deserving of an opportunity to work with greater resource might be a problem.

I'd have been very happy with Goodwin at Hibs - was between him and Neil for me, if we had to replace Ross.

Sunday was encouraging though, hopefully we'll kick on and improve from here.
    Agree with this. Goodwin is only 40 as well, which is easy to forget. Good experience and a pretty impressive record, thus far.

Would rather he didn’t go to Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Goodwin looks like he would front up to a player for a square go.
    I actually don’t get that vibe from him as a manager at all. Seems really measured, especially compared to the type of player that he was.

Always speaks well after games, and usually gives a very fair assessment of what he’s seen. Doesn’t seem combustible at all.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Mcpake leaves Dundee. Another possibility for Jack Ross?

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60152312

Sacked. Nae real surprise, they are in a precarious position with St Johnstones slight turnaround in fortunes.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post

Surely he'll get the Aberdeen or Dundee job. Dundee would be a good shout for him. Would much prefer him to go there than the sheep.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Must admit even though they weren’t on a great run, didn’t see this coming

Odd timing. McPake has won his last two game and still been punted.

Someone must have become available...Derek Adams maybe? Stuart Baxter?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Surely he'll get the Aberdeen or Dundee job. Dundee would be a good shout for him. Would much prefer him to go there than the sheep.
    Dundee probably a stick on to get relegated. He would either be out of another job or in the Scottish Championship next season.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    A bit shocked at that. They'd had some stinkers but he deserved the chance to keep them in the division.
    "...when Hibs won the Scottish Cup final and that celebration, Sunshine on Leith? I don’t think there’s a better football celebration ever in the game.”

Sir Alex Ferguson

Odd timing, probably certain for the automatic drop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60152312

Sacked. Nae real surprise, they are in a precarious position with St Johnstones slight turnaround in fortunes.
    I’m surprised. Two good away wins in their last two games, and probably as high as they can realistically expect to be in the league at the moment.

Seems very harsh.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Won away at hearts and negotiated a tricky tie away to Peterhead to get into the Quarter finals of the cup. Reckon they've been a bit hasty eh.
    Hibs.nets negative posting legend and unofficial ticket agent.

I always find it hilarious when fans of other teams (us included) are quick to say someone deserves longer, or they're surprised someone has been sacked, when if it was their Club they'd be screaming for the guy to punted.

There's always the odd exception or basketcase club, but Dundee and McPake ain't it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

If Dundee appoint even a half decent manager they’ll stay up now (albeit maybe by winning play off), McPake was a brutal manager and a flukey win v hearts and then the mighty Peterhead doesn’t cover the fact they’ve had a shocking season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I’m surprised. Two good away wins in their last two games, and probably as high as they can realistically expect to be in the league at the moment.

Seems very harsh.
    I agree. Think he has done ok all things considered. Not sure of Dundees expectations

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    McPake got Dundee promoted after two seasons (something neither us nor United managed) and they've picked up a bit of form.

Their board have previous for bizarre decisions though - I mind last time when they sacked McIntyre there was a big statement about "only appointing a manager who has a minimum win rate in the Scottish top tier" or something similar, then hiring... James McPake.