hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we win it...

@hibs.net private member

If we win it...

Of course it will be fantastic. But with no parade like last time, due to Covid, it wont be anywhere near as special as it should/would be. The parade was one of the best parts about winning the cup IMO, thats gonna be taken away from us, IF we win! Thoughts?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Parade the cup at the start of next season!

I don't support hibs for piss ups and parades. I want us to win trophies and play in Europe. We've won 10 major cups in near 150 years. It will be extremely special if we win number 11 next weekend.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Rigby Road in Blackpool will be mental.

I watched us win in 2016 on a ****ty HP laptop, plugged into my housemate's old 720p TV. I was sat on my own in a uni house in Norwich, in between my final exams, during what was more generally a very challenging time personally, my health and wellbeing wasn't in great shape, and more importantly I was struggling to get a consistent picture on my stream! I wasn't even able to be with my Hibs supporting father due to my exam schedule at the time.

Yet, without question, 21/05/16 was one of the happiest days I'll ever have in my life. The week following it was one of my happiest weeks, a month on I was still randomly grinning to myself, and the memories I have now are dominated by the jubilation, exuberance, and ultimately, relief I felt at full-time, nothing else.

I promise you, those feelings are just as intense from afar.

This year, I'll get to watch the final with my dad. After the year we've all had, that's all I can ask for and I know there are many others who would give anything to have the same cup final experience. I wish that the fans were there and we could takeover Edinburgh for a couple of days, but it'll still be very, very special nonetheless.
    Last edited by Vault Boy; 15-05-2021 at 09:20 PM.

The party on Saturday night will be absolutely outstanding, and it’ll be paraded at Easter road next season. Just get it done. It’s far bigger than one trophy, it continues our legacy, it gets us into Europe proper, and it should give us a head start on our competitors.

I am looking forward to watching it in the house with my group of 4 as it's the first time we've all been together in over a year.

However if we win I will feel really down about seeing people gathering in Leith and not taking part and not being in Hampden for the celebrations or being at the parade the day after.

Since this all started I always said I wasn't bothered about us winning a trophy during this period. Now that we're in a final I do want us to win, especially with what it means to us for Europe next season but it certainly doesn't feel like a cup final build up should.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't support hibs for piss ups and parades. I want us to win trophies and play in Europe. We've won 10 major cups in near 150 years. It will be extremely special if we win number 11 next weekend.
    I think next week (if we win it) will sort of show the opposite to be true. If we were to win, I would be delighted of course, but quite a big part of me will also feel sad that we weren't in the stadium to see it, or able to have a trophy parade the next day. So yes, I want us to win trophies and play in Europe too, but at the end of day following Hibs isn't like playing a Championship Manager save, the piss-ups and parties, the atmosphere and emotions are a huge part of it, for me anyway.

Thank **** we won it in 2016 under normal circumstances by the way, I'd be seriously torn about whether I actually wanted to win it on Saturday otherwise.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    I had my 60th birthday during the last lockdown. Despite restrictions I still had a great day. A win next week will feel as good as the feeling at Hampden in 2016. The difference will be how people celebrate. I dont need to cuddle strangers to make the occasion special. Its just an option thats not available this time.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Was saying this to my friends, this is going to be the complete opposite of 2016 if we win it. From 25k there and the exuberance to an empty stadium. From God knows how many on the Sunday parade to not having one at all. Ofcourse it will be special to see us win it again if we do but nothing will ever get near 2016.

On a separate note and I'm certainly not condoning it or encouraging it but if we were to win would everyone expect crowds to gather around Easter Road on Saturday evening and potentially welcome back the team?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lugz View Post
    Was saying this to my friends, this is going to be the complete opposite of 2016 if we win it. From 25k there and the exuberance to an empty stadium. From God knows how many on the Sunday parade to not having one at all. Ofcourse it will be special to see us win it again if we do but nothing will ever get near 2016.

On a separate note and I'm certainly not condoning it or encouraging it but if we were to win would everyone expect crowds to gather around Easter Road on Saturday evening and potentially welcome back the team?
    With bells on

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar

No. Most will stay home.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I'd rather be here in a weeks time talking about how different it feels winning than lamenting a losing final.

The circumstances are what they are. This hibs team deserves a cup win and I hope they get it.

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No. Most will stay home.
    Not so sure about that.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Not so sure about that.
    I should have said, "Yes, there will be crowds, but most fans will stay home".

I'm coming up for the weekend, but I doubt I'd go to Leith if we win. Probably.

If, if, we win, will be an amazing achievement with a huge payout.

I'm proposing a convoy of cars, flags and scarves out windows, driving, music blaring, call it from livingston back to leith. If we happen to drive thru Gorgie then so be it. Covid safe, but some show of colours and noise!

I know, I know, nothing for granted. Especially after our performances vs the perth saints recently.

If we win and there is gatherings let's show the world how proper fans behave

Yes there will be thousands in Leith next Saturday night if we win.

I've decided that the right and proper thing to do is to stay in the house but I know that's not what many will choose to do if we win it.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Wonder if they will be a cup parade on Sunday if we win?
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Nah, very much doubt it. Short of seeing a glimpse of the cup outside Easter Road on Saturday night (even then, might not happen), I'm sure the club will do everything in its power not to be seen to encourage gatherings/celebrations.

But realistically, of course, Leith will be absolutely bedlam if we win next weekend. Bring it on, I say

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No. Most will stay home.
    After seeing the nonsense in Glasgow today I hope we do stay home after we win it.

I know Edinburgh is level 2 and I'm not expecting Hibs fans to try batter each other the way the Rangers fans have however if we're out in the streets they'll just use our club as a way to justify their actions, we already were demonised after the last final even though the only ones on the field for a fight were Rangers fans. Police Scotland will be far more heavy handed with our fan base and we'll be painted as thugs again.

Celebrate with family/friends and we'll all get together and celebrate as a community with the players and club at the start of next season, maybe an official club celebration can be organised.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Absolutely no chance of that being allowed.

From Monday, the largest gathering that's permitted outdoors is 8 people.

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    After seeing the nonsense in Glasgow today I hope we do stay home after we win it.

I know Edinburgh is level 2 and I'm not expecting Hibs fans to try batter each other the way the Rangers fans have however if we're out in the streets they'll just use our club as a way to justify their actions, we already were demonised after the last final even though the only ones on the field for a fight were Rangers fans. Police Scotland will be far more heavy handed with our fan base and we'll be painted as thugs again.

Celebrate with family/friends and we'll all get together and celebrate as a community with the players and club at the start of next season, maybe an official club celebration can be organised.
    Agreed, sadly I can see next Sunday's headlines already.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    I’ll be honest. I’ll see 75% of our support on leith on sunday

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevi_SOL View Post
    I’ll be honest. I’ll see 75% of our support on leith on sunday
    If we win, there will ve an almighty party down Leith way, Saturday and Sunday.Let’s not kid our selves

If we win the first place I'm hitting is leith walk with a carry out. Mon the cabbage.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JammyDoidger View Post
    If we win the first place I'm hitting is leith walk with a carry out. Mon the cabbage.
    Easter road probably first destination to wait for the players coming back with the trophy

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Exactly, Leith streets will be jumping if we win. Cairry oots ahoy.

Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    If we win, there will ve an almighty party down Leith way, Saturday and Sunday.Let’s not kid our selves
    And rightly so.

Will be fantastic as well 👌🏻

Everyone come round my house, no restrictions here and I'll provide the beer 😁
    Last edited by HoboHarry; 16-05-2021 at 03:21 AM.