hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Strips for next Saturday

I've maybe missed it but what strips are the teams wearing for the final?

2. Log in to remove the advert

There is surely no reason it can't be green v blue?

I know they changed in the League Cup semi but we were ok v Rangers when it was green v blue with white shorts on both.

Sure one of us could wear white socks if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is surely no reason it can't be green v blue?

I know they changed in the League Cup semi but we were ok v Rangers when it was green v blue with white shorts on both.

Sure one of us could wear white socks if needed.
    Thanks for that PB, I wasn't sure if it was a rule these days that teams couldn't wear the same coloured shorts. Your answer has killed that thought of mine stone dead.

The five times we have played each other this season one or tother have changed.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    Thanks for that PB, I wasn't sure if it was a rule these days that teams couldn't wear the same coloured shorts. Your answer has killed that thought of mine stone dead.

The five times we have played each other this season one or tother have changed.
    I'm not sure if there maybe is a rule that green and blue clash now. Them changing last time at Hampden was odd. I get why either may change in a league game so maybe there was more to it. I

I just think common sense should mean both clubs can wear their proper colours. It's football though so when did common sense matter.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post

St Johnstone played in yellow with blue shorts in the Betfred Semi, and they were the home team then too

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I'm not sure if there maybe is a rule that green and blue clash now. Them changing last time at Hampden was odd. I get why either may change in a league game so maybe there was more to it. I

I just think common sense should mean both clubs can wear their proper colours. It's football though so when did common sense matter.
    In the 2001 final both Celtic and Hibs wore their away strips, As you say when did common sense come into it.