hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celtic TV

Celtic TV

David Tanner and Gordan Strachan on Celtic TV just now

2. Log in to remove the advert

Very poor post-match.

Brown isn't dead or retiring so I don't understand the obsession with talking about him so much.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar

Bring back Irvine Welsh

@hibs.net private member
    I'm sure it was celtic tv today the amount they talked about him ffs he is only moving on it was a bit embarrassing at times.

I switched off pretty sharpish, but the fact they kept focusing on Scott Brown and not our own outgoing Ofir Marciano was really tone deaf. One brief mention would have covered it. A poor directorial and/or hosting decision.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I switched off pretty sharpish, but the fact they kept focusing on Scott Brown and not our own outgoing Ofir Marciano was really tone deaf. One brief mention would have covered it.
    They’ve talked about Marciano for the last 5 minutes, shown clips and had a decent interview with him after the game.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I switched off pretty sharpish, but the fact they kept focusing on Scott Brown and not our own outgoing Ofir Marciano was really tone deaf. One brief mention would have covered it. A poor directorial and/or hosting decision.
    Yup.

Annoyed now as it seems there was decent interviews with Gray, McGregor and Ofir which I’ve now missed after turning off the Scott Brown love in.

Tanner is really not the man for Hibs tv. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    They’ve talked about Marciano for the last 5 minutes, shown clips and had a decent interview with him after the game.
    One brief mention for Brown I meant. Pre match, commentary, and post match all had fairly lengthy pieces on him.

I don't care all that much, I'll forget about it by this evening, but it just wasn't a great reading of the room. Glad Rocky got the spotlight he deserved in the end.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    Yep was good the bits on Rocky didn't think the Brown stufff was over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup.

Annoyed now as it seems there was decent interviews with Gray, McGregor and Ofir which I’ve now missed after turning off the Scott Brown love in.
    Aye, same here. Not difficult to prioritise the order of content discussion but once again Hibs TV fails.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg
    One brief mention for Brown I meant. Pre match, commentary, and post match all had fairly lengthy pieces on him.

I don't care all that much, I'll forget about it by this evening, but it just wasn't a great reading of the room. Glad Rocky got the spotlight he deserved in the end.
    Just as well you’ve switched off since they’re interviewing Brown now but he’s had nothing but nice things to say about our club and the fans.

Testimonial Due Booked4Being-Ugly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Yup.

Exact same, turned it off after they were going on and on about Brown.

Wanted to see/hear Marciano ffs.

Back to Brown again. Good stuff from hibs tv

We dont need to borrow your trophy Scott, we won it in 2016, just because you didnt win it with Hibs, this is a disgrace

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pedroorange1875 View Post
    David Tanner and Gordan Strachan on Celtic TV just now
    Cliff & Tam were no better throughout the game, the big celtc rebuild, Scott brown, Ajer, Scott brown, and now it’s the Gordon Strachan show.

River City have signed Grant Stott on a pre-contract

Watched the whole show and its been good.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    Watched the whole show and its been good.
    Yeah I quite enjoyed it tbh

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Not for me. Way too much about the Lesser Greens, not enough about the Hibs. Hope that's the last we'll see of Tanner.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Anyone know what video that lassie was talking on at HT. She was brilliant talking about behind the scenes

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    Anyone know what video that lassie was talking on at HT. She was brilliant talking about behind the scenes
    This lassie?

https://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?...17#post6565017
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardenttwo View Post
    This

https://youtu.be/c_h0_QYaaqw

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Would the fact that Scott confirmed he had been speaking to Hibs about a return in the interview have made any difference?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I'm with practically everybody else on this. Scott Brown wasn't retiring, he is leaving Celtic to join the club we are striving to overtake as the third force in Scotland and he will be doing his utmost next season to make sure that doesn't happen. A nod to a long and distinguished career at a rival club would have been fine, especially for a guy who won a trophy with Hibs. But presentations on the pitch and half the show's content going on about him, nah not for me.

What Hibs TV need to be asking is this: If Scott Brown had joined Rangers on leaving Hibs and had exactly the same career with them how do they think Hibs fans would be reacting this afternoon if the same gushing accolades and presentations had been made. The truth is I doubt it would have happened and the very fact we all know that's the case is why the club is not helping itself against accusations of being far too chummy with Celtic ..... The fact is they are one cheek of the same arse that's been keeping clubs like us in the wilderness for decades and even stealing our fans, not just our players, and at times colluding with each other to ensure their dominance continues.

In short ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 15-05-2021 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I'm with practically everybody else on this. Scott Brown wasn't retiring, he is leaving Celtic to join the club we are striving to overtake as the third force in Scotland and he will be doing his utmost next season to make sure that doesn't happen. A nod to a long and distinguished career at a rival club would have been fine, especially for a guy who won a trophy with Hibs. But presentations on the pitch and half the show's content going on about him, nah not for me.

What Hibs TV need to be asking is this: If Scott Brown had joined Rangers on leaving Hibs and had exactly the same career with them how do they think Hibs fans would be reacting this afternoon if the same gushing accolades and presentations had been made. The truth is I doubt it would have happened and the very fact we all know that's the case is why the club is not helping itself against accusations of being far too chummy with Celtic ..... The fact is they are one cheek of the same arse that's been keeping clubs like us in the wilderness for decades and even stealing our fans, not just our players, and at times colluding with each other to ensure their dominance continues.

In sort ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member
    Slight over-reactions on here in my humble opinion. Strachan was the guest - and a very good one too. A famous Hibee who never played for the club but did manage the opposition and, indeed Brown. Brown's moving on from Celtic was an obvious talking point and Strachan had a good insight and plenty to say on the matter. And Brown, having come through the ranks at ER, won a cup here and gone on to captain Celtic and Scotland is someone not unworthy of recognition at ER. Yes his moving on from Celtic was the first topic to be discussed but the program went on to provide quality interviews with Marciano, Gray, Daz and Jack as well as Brown - who spoke very respectfully and quite emotionally about Hibs and his time at ER.

I agree that Hibs TV should definitely have as it's main focus all things Hibs, but that doesn't mean they have to ignore the rest of Scottish football entirely. When other talking points are unfolding in front of our eyes they should talk about it - and that's what they did today.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

In short ............ get a grip Hibs and listen to the clubs fans, this ***** has to stop !!!

@hibs.net private member
    If Celtic fans bought the match in did they get the same coverage as us? Is that why Strachan was on and maybe a bit of focus on Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    If Celtic fans bought the match in did they get the same coverage as us? Is that why Strachan was on and maybe a bit of focus on Brown?
    I've no idea but considering they didn't even give us the courtesy of even having the option to purchase our matches at Parkhead this season, I wouldn't be doing anything to pander to that lot.