hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Brown

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    His transfer pretty much paid for East Mains.

Mad that some fans can’t deal with our captain handing over a plaque. Thought it was a pretty classy move tbh.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Presenting a plaque to a player leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is bit weird tbh. Anyone know what it says?

Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Mad that some fans can’t deal with our captain handing over a plaque. Thought it was a pretty classy move tbh.
    Surely the time to present him with the plaque would have been when he left Hibs. Not sure of the relevance of him leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is to our club now.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Presenting a plaque to a player leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is bit weird tbh. Anyone know what it says?
    Think it says congratulations on your 14 years service at Celtic, from all at Hibernian.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Surely the time to present him with the plaque would have been when he left Hibs. Not sure of the relevance of him leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen is to our club now.
    Doesn’t need to be relevant. It’s just a nice thing to do

Doesn’t need to be relevant. It’s just a nice thing to do
    Maybe it would be nice to send Sevco a plaque to congratulate them on winning their first title?

Brown leaving Celtc for Aberdeen has nothing to do with Hibs, which is why today's gift was totally inappropriate.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Is this anything to get uptight about?

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Maybe it would be nice to send Sevco a plaque to congratulate them on winning their first title?

Brown leaving Celtc for Aberdeen has nothing to do with Hibs, which is why today's gift was totally inappropriate.
    Yep agreed. I look forward to Hibs handing a plaque to a former player at some point in the future to congratulate them for 14 years' service to Rangers.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    A memento from the opposition to mark the occasion of his last appearance after a very long spell with his club - quite a classy thing to do really. In a sport that’s often poisonous, it’s nice to see a bit of respect now and again.

In your opinion.

In others, quite reasonable.

I don’t think it bothered our club captain too much. Good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    How much did the plaque cost? Hope it hasn’t impacted the budget…
    Probably cost more than Celtics presentation. Heard they recycled their biscuit tin lid to make it.

Hibs showing their class for an ex-player who always speaks well of our club. Not everyone at Hibs buys into the Hibernian Way culture that we adopted in 2014 but good servants should always be respected IMO.

Yes, I thought it was a nice touch by Hibs. A player I had a lot of time for !

@hibs.net private member Alfiembra's Avatar

Agree with this the golden generation funded a huge modernisation of the club and Brown more than contributed towards that. Well done Hibs.

He'll be back...

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    Total cringe. This place would be in complete meltdown if we done that for a Rangers player.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    The attention we paid Brown today post match was nothing short of embarrassing.

It was Rocky's last game for Hibs after five years. That should have been our sole focus. Who gives a flying **** that Brown is leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen?

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM1875 View Post
    The attention we paid Brown today post match was nothing short of embarrassing.

It was Rocky's last game for Hibs after five years. That should have been our sole focus. Who gives a flying **** that Brown is leaving Celtic to join Aberdeen?
    I can see why we presented him with something or other, but i agree we should have been concentrating on our players especially rocky not celtics, that should have been down to celtic tv.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    Total cringe. This place would be in complete meltdown if we done that for a Rangers player.
    Correct hate Rangers with every bone in my body.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy75 View Post
    True but the last three we sold all came back again, so its very unlikely.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Wonder if they’d have gave a plaque if it had been someone that has spent the last 14 year at Rangers but played with Hibs prior to that.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Wonder if they’d have gave a plaque if it had been someone that has spent the last 14 year at Rangers but played with Hibs prior to that.
    No it would not of happened as you know and quite right too.

Quote Originally Posted by The Count View Post
    No it would not of happened as you know and quite right too.
    Then it shouldn’t happen for the other cheek either.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Brown has been a great player for Celtic but he's been past his best for a couple of seasons. A yard short of pace. I think in John McGinns final season he well and truly dominated SB in our clashes. At the top table he was finished then, hes done well to get a few extra seasons IMO hasnt been great or even good for a few seasons. Has been a great player for Celtic in his time there though I wouldnt doubt that.

Correct. We didn’t do anything for Kenny Millers last game for Rangers before the final game of the 2017/18 season. He spent 8 years at Rangers, always spoke highly of Hibs and made us a sizeable transfer fee when we sold him.

Marciano has played more games for Hibs than Brown ever did and next week could become a Scottish Cup winning legend yet you would be forgiven for thinking it was Brown who was playing his last game for Hibs at Easter Road today.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Came up via our youth system.
    Played a major part in our history with the League Cup.
    Left for a big fee and donated some (all?) of his signing on fee to the club.
    Returned to Easter Road to enjoy Hibs play on many occasions since.

Yeah it's a bit unusual and he's spent the majority of his career at Celtic but I'm really not bothered by ourselves helping him celebrate his last game.

Football has become too tribalistic, there's rivalry and then there's hatred and the scenes in George Square are a brilliant example of what happens when you lean towards the latter.

Brown may be celebrating the end if his Celtic career but the building blocks for that were forged at Hibs, he hasn't forgotten that and I don't mind if the club hasn't either.

Depends on the player. If it was Ian Murray if Whittaker then maybe, if it was Thomson then probably not. I'm not saying the latter didn't deserve the thanks of Hibs fans but we, like many other fans, are fickle.

Brown has always maintained a relationship with the club, coming along to games when Celtic haven't been playing. I think the main difference between him and a player such as Kenny Miller is that his whole career has been within the Scottish league rather than a pro Celtic/anti Rangers thing.

I'm 100% in favour of sending a plaque to Ibrox that says "Congratulations to The Rangers Football Club on winning your first ever Scottish Premier League Title". I'm sure there fans would be very appreciative of the gesture 😁

I see there are a number of posters defending the gift on the grounds that Brown was a great young player for us who came through our youth system and donated his signing fee to Hibs.

I could maybe see the logic of that if Brown was actually retiring having been at a number of clubs since then, but instead he's moving from the club that all non-Hibs fan identify him with for the last fourteen years to our direct rivals.

No wonder Celtc fans like to patronise us when even our own club rewards a Celtc player for playing for Celtc for so many years.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I see there are a number of posters defending the gift on the grounds that Brown was a great young player for us who came through our youth system and donated his signing fee to Hibs.

I could maybe see the logic of that if Brown was actually retiring having been at a number of clubs since then, but instead he's moving from the club that all non-Hibs fan identify him with for the last fourteen years to our direct rivals.

No wonder Celtc fans like to patronise us when even our own club rewards a Celtc player for playing for Celtc for so many years.
    Celtic regularly take our best players, so much so that their fans have in the past displayed banners mocking us for it. Then when one of them leaves Celtic for our closest competitor in the league we celebrate his service to Celtic. We made more of a deal for Brown yesterday than we did for our own current goalkeeper who has amassed more appearances for the club than Brown ever did 🤣🤣