hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scott Brown

Scott Brown

So much for Brown ending his career at HIBS...

2. Log in to remove the advert

I have serious doubts that Hibs had any interest in bringing Brown back to ER.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member
    Still got plenty to give, wouldn't be surprised if he put in a motm performance today.

I prefer us to sign young up and coming players. Happy that Aberdeen and Hearts seem to be shopping in the over 30 market these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by PH91 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still got plenty to give, wouldn't be surprised if he put in a motm performance today.
    Nah, he's done now imo. Really think he'll struggle at Aberdeen next season without Celtic level players beside him.

@hibs.net private member
    Have we ever done a presentation to a player leaving a different club before

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I prefer us to sign young up and coming players. Happy that Aberdeen and Hearts seem to be shopping in the over 30 market these days.

This.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Stairway 2 7 View Post
    Have we ever done a presentation to a player leaving a different club before
    A little bit strange, I could have seen the point if he was retiring but he's just leaving one club and going to another one.

Each to their own though.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    A little bit strange, I could have seen the point if he was retiring but he's just leaving one club and going to another one.

I'm OK with that, he's had a great career at celtic but it all started at Hibs and he clearly still has a soft spot for us even though he's been at the lesser greens for years

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    I'm OK with that, he's had a great career at celtic but it all started at Hibs and he clearly still has a soft spot for us even though he's been at the lesser greens for years
    Aye but he's no retiring, why are we giving him a plaque for his last game for celtic? Daft

I wonder if either we’ve treated this as an assumption that he will retire or we’ve been told as such.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Aye but he's no retiring, why are we giving him a plaque for his last game for celtic? Daft
    Perhaps as its a pretty decent thing to do? I don't much like celtic as a club but we as a club do the decent thing more often than not

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    Like I say, each to their own.

If he was retiring then fair enough, he was a good player for us, is a cup winner with us and got us a good fee.

However he's only moving from one rival club to another rival club. It's not something I'll lose any sleep over though.

Coaching Staff

Yeah, a bit strange.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

Absolutely, he’s not retiring as you say

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Great interview by Broon.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Great interview by Broon.
    Yeah, by all accounts a very nice guy off the pitch and clearly still holds us in a lot of affection, with a lot of friends still here.

If he does well once he's hung up the boots it's not outside the realms of possibility he would come here in some capacity or other.

Doesn’t sit right with me.

If he was retiring? Fair enough.

In my opinion we’ve presented a plaque, spent a good portion of the game, and the post match fawning over a player that’s leaving Celtic (irrelevant to us) to join Aberdeen (irrelevant to us) while our current group of players have got us to a cup final next week that we could be talking about instead , not to mention the fact that one of our current players has just played his last game for us.

In his interview there he was asked if there was a chance he'd have returned to Hibs to finish his career. He said that they'd spoken about it a couple of times but that he didn't want to ruin the memories that Hibs fans have of him from when he was a box to box midfielder now that he can barely run and has a big backside! He said he wanted a totally new challenge and Aberdeen gives him that.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Doesn’t sit right with me.

If he was retiring? Fair enough.

In my opinion we’ve presented a plaque, spent a good portion of the game, and the post match fawning over a player that’s leaving Celtic (irrelevant to us) to join Aberdeen (irrelevant to us) while our current group of players have got us to a cup final next week that we could be talking about instead , not to mention the fact that one of our current players has just played his last game for us.
    Me too, very odd and I'd rather we focused on Rocky who's been a good servant to the club and likely going abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    In his interview there he was asked if there was a chance he'd have returned to Hibs to finish his career. He said that they'd spoken about it a couple of times but that he didn't want to ruin the memories that Hibs fans have of him from when he was a box to box midfielder now that he can barely run and has a big backside! He said he wanted a totally new challenge and Aberdeen gives him that.
    I had to laugh at that. Too slow and fat for hibs. Sheep fans will be raging! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Me too, very odd and I'd rather we focused on Rocky who's been a good servant to the club and likely going abroad.
    I didn't like it. Brown has been at Celtc for too long to be deserving of anything from Hibs.

Different matter if it had been for Marciano.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I wonder if the idea to present something to Scott Brown came from our players as opposed to the club/board?

It looked to me like SDG had to nab him on the sly to Brown his whatever-it-was as opposed to an official presentation.

@hibs.net private member
    Cup winner, left hibs on good terms and always speaks fondly of Hibs.....oh.....and the £££ we received for him financed our training centre. Hope he fails miserably at Aberdeen but only because I can’t stand the Dons, would be delighted to have him back at Hibs in any capacity in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    Cup winner, left hibs on good terms and always speaks fondly of Hibs.....oh.....and the £££ we received for him financed our training centre. Hope he fails miserably at Aberdeen but only because I can’t stand the Dons, would be delighted to have him back at Hibs in any capacity in the future.
    Correct on all counts....

this.

Well put, I like Scott Brown

First Team Breakthrough
    Also totally agree with this. Think it was a classy thing Hibs did today.

@hibs.net private member

He obviously still has the talent but he's lost a yard in pace, I don't think he's what we need but he will always be welcome back at Easter Road by me

@hibs.net private member
    How much did the plaque cost? Hope it hasn’t impacted the budget…