hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Ofir Marciano last game for Hibs at Easter Road

Well it looks like he could be back in goals for Hibs today. His last game at Easter Road, and possibly his last game ever for the Hibees.

What will be your memories of Marciano?

He always came across as someone who really enjoyed his time at Hibs. One of the best goalkeepers we've had in recent years. I wish him all the best for the future. It's just a pity that we can't be at Easter Road to say "goodbye".

http://www.7msport.com/news/newsdata...4/192386.shtml

2. Log in to remove the advert

Favourite Rocky moments: his outstanding second half performance against Celtic at ER a couple of seasons back under Heckingbottom. His remarkable double save from Arfield against the Huns earlier this season.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Got to be honest, I'd rather his last game was the cup final.

I like Macey but Marciano is the best Hibs goalkeeper arguably in my lifetime and it would be fantastic to see him leave with a trophy.

Great guy who gave his all for Hibs and his family really took to Edinburgh and the club.

I wish them all the best and even if he ends up at Celtic he goes with my best wishes.

Favourite moment..hard to pick an exact moment but he definitely had incredible reactions and saved a few which looked destined to go in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEgSumnXXSM

Hope Hibs give him a good send off today - then maybe we might even get a chance to sing his song one final time after the final ! I would also play him in the final as he’s capable of winning you the game.

Great goalkeeper who has served the club well over the years. Wish him all the best.

My abiding memory will be the strange feeling of calm he brought to the position, especially at the PBS where so many of his predecessors were nervous wrecks and mocked to distraction. Rocky changed the script.

He must be leaving with a bit of a sour taste with not playing in the Cup Final which is a shame as he has been a cracking keeper for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to be honest, I'd rather his last game was the cup final.

I like Macey but Marciano is the best Hibs goalkeeper arguably in my lifetime and it would be fantastic to see him leave with a trophy.
    Nowhere near as good as Goram imo. I'd rather Macey was in today and the cup final, maybe not as good a shot stopper but a better all round keeper for me.

@hibs.net private member
    I can understand what JR was doing having a 'cup goalie' but cup semi-finals and finals are the biggest games of the season for Hibs and its a bit of a shame that this means the number 1 goalkeeper doesnt get to play in the biggest games. Next week would have been the biggest game of his time at Hibs and he must feel a bit snubbed - unless, of course, there is something we dont know.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I think it would be different if Macey was on loan or leaving as well but if he’s to be our number 1 next season then JR is quite right to stick by him. Can’t say Macey’s done anything to worry me but I will say I always felt confident with Rocky in goals at free kicks around the box. If Middleton is standing over a free kick next week, I’d rather have Rocky in goals facing it.

@hibs.net private member
    Great servant to the club and wish him well in the next stage of his career. Have no worries about Macey being in goal next week though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crunchie View Post
    Nowhere near as good as Goram imo. I'd rather Macey was in today and the cup final, maybe not as good a shot stopper but a better all round keeper for me.
    Macey or Dabrowski today for me.

Rocky has chosen to leave so good luck to him, he has been a decent keeper, but rather we used a game against Celtic to get more experience into our ongoing goalkeepers.

Don't really get the play Rocky in the Final over a keeper who has got us to the Final and done nothing wrong. Loved Rocky at Hibs and wish him well but he chose to move on so we also move on and play the guy who has committed his future to Hibs. Also from a superstition point of view, Rocky has a dreadful record at Hampden has he actually won a match at the Stadium?

But good luck today Rocky and best wishes for the future, thanks for your service to the club - been a great keeper for us

No room for sentiment in football. Macey and Dabrowski have committed to the club so one of them should start, hopefully the young lad. Thank Marciano for his efforts but not his gloves anymore.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Goram's last season was the one before I was born.

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    No room for sentiment in football. Macey and Dabrowski have committed to the club so one of them should start. Thank Marciano for his efforts but not his gloves anymore.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

Ofir Marciano last game for Hibs at Easter Road

I struggle to think of any great memories of him, nothing against him and I wish him well if he doesn’t go to Glasgow but he’s running down his contract because he doesn’t want to be here so I don’t see any reason to play him over the players who are our future.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    You have to earn your place in a cup final and Marciano has been a part of a few semi final squads that fell short.

He has been an excellent keeper who has gotten both what Hibs are all about and he will be a player whose career I will follow. Very sad to see him go and wish him all the best.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Glad he’ll get one more game today. He usually has brilliant games at home to Celtc/Rangers, hope he plays well and gets a decent send off from his teammates.

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    He's been a great GK for Hibs. Some fantastic performances and saves. As mentioned by another poster, he brought an assurance and confidence to the position and I always had faith that he'd keep most shots out and occasionally produce the unbelievable.

Good luck Rocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Don't really get the play Rocky in the Final over a keeper who has got us to the Final and done nothing wrong. Loved Rocky at Hibs and wish him well but he chose to move on so we also move on and play the guy who has committed his future to Hibs. Also from a superstition point of view, Rocky has a dreadful record at Hampden has he actually won a match at the Stadium?

But good luck today Rocky and best wishes for the future, thanks for your service to the club - been a great keeper for us
    Marciano's played at Hampden five times in his career for both Hibs and Israel (twice for Israel and three times for Hibs) and has never won.
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 15-05-2021 at 09:02 AM.

Coaching Staff
    We are nowhere near knowing if Macey is a better all round keeper. Certainly can’t say that on the limited games we’ve seen so far.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloucester Hibs View Post
    Favourite Rocky moments: his outstanding second half performance against Celtic at ER a couple of seasons back under Heckingbottom. His remarkable double save from Arfield against the Huns earlier this season.
    Pretty much mirrors my recollection his performance v Celtic was incredible had about 4 saves in injury time alone. Has been a great servant and he and his young family have genuinely appeared to have embraced their time in this part of the world. Hope his next move is a success and wish him all the best for the future. Thanks Rocky

Shame we are not able to give him the proper send off he deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee View Post
    I struggle to think of any great memories of him, nothing against him and I wish him well if he doesn’t go to Glasgow but he’s running down his contract because he doesn’t want to be here so I don’t see any reason to play him over the players who are our future.
    I'm similar. Decent enough keeper but I don't remember any match winning performances and he lost his place to two other keepers when he wasn't performing. He's made noises about moving on for a few seasons now no not really too bothered.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Thanks for the last few years and he has been a very good keeper at our level. But he has decided to leave and we have two other jeepers who have decided to stay. Got to play Macey today and next week. Thanks for everything Ofir and best of luck to you and your family wherever you go

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    We are nowhere near knowing if Macey is a better all round keeper. Certainly can’t say that on the limited games we’ve seen so far.
    Exactly, yet there are people rushing to claim he's not as good as Marciano based on that same limited evidence.

I'll put my trust in the judgement of Ross, who has just led us to third place for the first time in far too long.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Marciano's played at Hampden four times in his career for both Hibs and Israel (twice each) and has never won.
    He's lost there 3 times with Hibs. SC semi in 2017 3-2 to Aberdeen, SC semi 2-1 to Hearts last year and this year's LC semi 3-0 to St Johnstone.

I'm a fan of Rocky but I'm happy with Macey in the final. I think it has been good man management by JR the way he's handled it.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Marciano's played at Hampden four times in his career for both Hibs and Israel (twice each) and has never won.
    Conceding 8 for Hibs, one of which was an absolute howler v Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    He must be leaving with a bit of a sour taste with not playing in the Cup Final which is a shame as he has been a cracking keeper for us.
    Agree with this. Even though he’s chosen to move on, I feel a bit sorry for him that he won’t get to finish with a cup final appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Conceding 6 for Hibs, one of which was an absolute howler v Aberdeen.
    Was that the one where he lined up his wall to protect the near post so that he could be positioned for a cross, only for the wall to break up allowing the Aberdeen player to score at the near post which Marciano had thought was protected?
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    You have to earn your place in a cup final and Marciano has been a part of a few semi final squads that fell short.

He has been an excellent keeper who has got both what Hibs are all about and he will be a player whose career I will follow. Very sad to see him go and wish him all the best.
    Fixed that for you. I hate Americanisation creeping into our language. Headed, gotten, vacation, movie etc...moan, ....nag......blah, blah.

I would just echo what you say, wish the guy all the best. If there were fans present I might play him, as it is I’d be starting Macey.