hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Team v Celtic

Team v Celtic

Non event of a fixture. I'd give the young guns an outing and one or two fringe players who need more game time and might feature at Hampden a run. Wouldn't play our front three, Gogic Newell or Doig.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    I’ve already said I wouldn’t play a weakened team against Celtic, for reasons not worth going into, but I’m coming round to the popular view that it’s a chance to rest and protect key players. Having said that, I’m sure that a few of these key players will be miffed at not getting a game against Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I’ve already said I wouldn’t play a weakened team against Celtic, for reasons not worth going into, but I’m coming round to the popular view that it’s a chance to rest and protect key players. Having said that, I’m sure that a few of these key players will be miffed at not getting a game against Celtic.
    Not sure about that. They seem to trust the manager.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Plenty of time to play Celtic next season.

Off topic, Scott Browns last game for Hibs was against Celtc at ER and he scored. His last game for Celtc is (maybe) against us at ER tomorrow, what odds on SB scoring anytime? 7/1.
    Anyway, non game, so young guns and potential starters in cup final to get match fitness. Result unimportant.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

First Team Breakthrough Tommy75's Avatar
    They'd be even more miffed if they played and got injured.

@hibs.net private member
    Can’t afford any of our key players to get injured but we don’t have the squad to leave them all out

Marciano
    Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
    Magennis Hallberg Newell
    Wright Laidlaw Murphy

Can Allan play?

I think the players would rather play a scottish cup final

Hard to rest everyone as risk to injury but would like to see Hanlon rested as well as the other key players.

........................Marciano................

Gray.......Porteous........Hanlon........Stevenson .......

...............Magennis.......Hallberg...

Bradley................Wright..................... ..Murphy........

..............................Laidlaw

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Macey

Gray
    Mcginn
    Mcgregor
    Porteous
    Stevenson

Hallberg
    Magennis

Wright

Doidge
    Laidlaw

I think Mcginn should get to complete his season by playing every minute of every game. I would keep Doidge on as he goes on scoring runs, missing a game could disrupt his momentum. Hallberg wouldn’t be a huge loss if he picked up a knock as Gogic is probably ahead of him anyway. Porteous could do with a game as he looked like a bag of nerves against Dundee Utd at times I think.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    Macey

Gray
    Mcginn
    Mcgregor
    Porteous
    Stevenson

Hallberg
    Magennis

Wright

Doidge
    Laidlaw

I think Mcginn should get to complete his season by playing every minute of every game. I would keep Doidge on as he goes on scoring runs, missing a game could disrupt his momentum. Hallberg wouldn’t be a huge loss if he picked up a knock as Gogic is probably ahead of him anyway. Porteous could do with a game as he looked like a bag of nerves against Dundee Utd at times I think.
    At his press conference, Ross more or less confirmed that Rocky will play tomorrow.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    At his press conference, Ross more or less confirmed that Rocky will play tomorrow.
    By all accounts Rockys last match surely he deserves some accolade? I think he been a great keeper for us over a good few seasons. Hope you get your farewell Rocky and thanks. Pity we cant be there.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Fair enough.

I thought the more Macey played the more comfortable and settled he’d be on cup final day but I’m not going to complain about Rocky playing. Been an excellent keeper for us.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Fair enough.

I thought the more Macey played the more comfortable and settled he’d be on cup final day but I’m not going to complain about Rocky playing. Been an excellent keeper for us.
    I agree on both counts.

GK Marciano
    RB Gray
    LB Stevenson
    CB McGregor
    CB Porteous
    M Hallberg
    M Magennis
    M Wright
    M Bradley
    F Laidlaw
    F Murphy

This starting 11 is the lowest risk strategy whilst giving those who might play a part in the final some needed minutes of game time. Only fly in the ointment is if Hallberg is still carrying his Aberdeen injury.
    Hanlon is our only left sided CB so not worth risking him hence playing both right sided CB's given it is unlikely both would get injured or sent off.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think we'll start with a half decent team out and make few changes maximising our substitutions.

So glad we put our first team out against Aberdeen, performed, got the result and put ourselves in the position we are in today.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yerauldda View Post
    Can’t afford any of our key players to get injured but we don’t have the squad to leave them all out

Marciano
    Gray McGregor Hanlon Stevenson
    Magennis Hallberg Newell
    Wright Laidlaw Murphy

Can Allan play?
    No

Marciano

Gray
    McGregor
    Porteous
    Stevenson

Hallberg
    Newell
    Magennis

Wright
    Murphy
    Bradley

I’d be really confident that none of the players would be miffed at not playing against Celtic, why would they? No like they are a big draw they are as likley to play a Pish team and get beat as much as any of our players wanting to play them imo Jim

I think Mcginn should get to complete his season by playing every minute of every game.
    Certainly. Never dropped, never injured, never suspended, never even substituted. When did that last happen?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengeich View Post
    Certainly. Never dropped, never injured, never suspended, never even substituted. When did that last happen?
    The cup final is the priority now for the club and him, nice stat to end the season with but it’ll mean nothing if he picks up an injury and can’t play next week.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I don’t think we’ll play all the youngsters so I’d expect it to be something like:

Marciano

Gray
    McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Magennis
    Hallberg
    Wright

Murphy

Doidge

@hibs.net private member
    Why? It’s not Real Madrid we’re playing.

People seem to have this vision of Celtic being something they’re not. They’re garbage.

Play the full squad, not at full pace then sub them early in game. They still need to be up to speed for the final.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Play the full squad, not at full pace then sub them early in game. They still need to be up to speed for the final.
    The first team has played 2 games in the last week already, they’re up to speed, appreciate that would be a concern if there was 2 to 3 weeks before the cup final. I’m guessing the guys that missed out on Wednesday will get a run out along with squad players. We couldn’t sub off all players you’d want to try and protect for the final so just not worth the risk in my view.