Source: HIBS Twitter

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silversand View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, it's crap

Personal opinion of mine.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    Been a few times, great structure but one of the least atmospheric of the bigger clubs stadiums I've been to.

Down to the fans I guess.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    We’re not onto fixtures for pre season 2022 yet!

The Arsenal friendly should have our players buzzing, never mind our fans.

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    HIBS v Arsenal confirmed 13/7/2021

1800hrs kick off

Source: HIBS Twitter
    A 6pm kick off on a Tuesday night must mean that they're not expecting many fans to be able to turn up. I can't imagine many people who work being able to attend for example.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    A 6pm kick off on a Tuesday night must mean that they're not expecting many fans to be able to turn up. I can't imagine many people who work being able to attend for example.
    Ominous that it said that Hibs will be in touch regarding how Home fans can get tickets.

Reckon it will be home fans only for a while.

J

Winner keeps Josh Doig

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristolhibby View Post
    Ominous that it said that Hibs will be in touch regarding how Home fans can get tickets.

J
    Hibs have already said there’ll be no away fans for the arsenal game but I’d suspect you’re right.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we go through the entirety of next season without away fans.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    And if we get in, should be free entry too
    I’m more looking forward to trips to the likes of Coldstream and Hawick, much prefer these sort of pre season games

J
    Yep "Due to current restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic, away fans will not be able to attend the match."

It's a bit worrying that it's already been decided that a match which is almost two months away is home fans only.

I'm hoping that it might just be because it's a non-Scottish club which is involved and it's possible that travel from England into Scotland may be restricted again at some point. Sadly I'm not convinced that league matches next season will be any different though.

Will it be 25% capacity?

Yep "Due to current restrictions relating to the coronavirus pandemic, away fans will not be able to attend the match."

It's a bit worrying that it's already been decided that a match which is almost two months away is home fans only.

I'm hoping that it might just be because it's a non-Scottish club which is involved and it's possible that travel from England into Scotland may be restricted again at some point. Sadly I'm not convinced that league matches next season will be any different though.
    Good no huns.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Not being funny mate but can I clarify you just stated the Emirates is crap? Compared to what exactly to be crap? Tynecastle? Pittordrie? Dare I say it Easter Road? Crap really? And its light years ahead of Ibrox, Celtic park and Hampden. Struggling ith ths one fella. Been once thought it was pretty amazing considering the 5hyte holes i grew up watching football in.

I’ve been a few times. Best atmosphere was on the lower shallow tier, in one of the ‘corners’. But on the upper levels the noise and atmosphere just seems to drift away, could be watching a game on tv frankly.

Looking forward to this one, will be a good test for us. Also makes sense for Arsenal to test themselves against a club who can qualify for Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    Will it be 25% capacity?
    I don't think anyone really knows at that moment.

Assuming we're in level 0 by then, the maximum number of people allowed to attend an outdoor seated event is 2,000 although this is able to be increased with the agreement of the local council and/or Scottish Government.

I'd really like to think that the "well beyond level 0" stage might have been reached by then so I'd like to think we would be able to get in a lot more than that.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    I know right, mon tae F!

I’m worrying about my Scotland trip to Copenhagen in September.

It’s 4 months away! I get my second vaccine end of July.

J

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar

Assuming we're in level 0 by then, the maximum number of people allowed to attend an outdoor seated event is 2,000 although this is able to be increased with the agreement of the local council and/or Scottish Government.

I'd really like to think that the "well beyond level 0" stage might have been reached by then so I'd like to think we would be able to get in a lot more than that.
    Should be most capacity there at least mate.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Should be most capacity there at least mate.
    Assuming we carry on the current path I agree but I very much doubt if we'll have anything approaching a capacity crowd by July.

Left by mutual consent!

J
    Limited numbers too. Can see a ballot amongst ST holders for this game

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    Winner keeps Josh Doig
    Losers get Keiran Tierney!

Surely it’s just because it’s almost certainly not going to be at full capacity so why would away fans be allowed instead of our own?

I’m not sure what folk are expecting but there’s going to be 25% capacity at Hampden around a fortnight before this game so the best we can hope for would be 50% you’d think.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Surely it’s just because it’s almost certainly not going to be at full capacity so why would away fans be allowed instead of our own?

I’m not sure what folk are expecting but there’s going to be 25% capacity at Hampden around a fortnight before this game so the best we can hope for would be 50% you’d think.
    I'd love to think Easter Road could have 10,000 fans inside it in July. Sadly I think this is pie in the sky territory.

I think the only reason Hampden's being allowed 12k fans in a few weeks' time is the £££ signs from UEFA.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar
    I'd love to think Easter Road could have 10,000 fans inside it in July. Sadly I think this is pie in the sky territory.

I think the only reason Hampden's being allowed 12k fans in a few weeks' time is the £££ signs from UEFA.
    Do you seriously believe that money from UEFA would be a reason to risk people’s lives and if that is the case who is getting the money and how much?

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    Do you seriously believe that money from UEFA would be a reason to risk people’s lives and if that is the case who is getting the money and how much?
    Yes I seriously do believe that would have been a reason i.e. not wanting to lose the prestige of being a host nation for a huge event.

How else do you explain that Kilmarnock are allowed just 500 fans to attend their play off match v Dundee next Monday - by my calculations that will be less than 3% of Rugby Park's capacity, to going to 25% capacity at Hampden just 3 weeks later?

Hampden's also currently in a level 3 area meaning no events can take place with spectators, if case rates in Glasgow don't fall between now and 14th June and they stay in level 3 do you think fans will be banned from attending Scotland's first match at a major tournament in over 20 years?
    Last edited by Sir David Gray; 18-05-2021 at 04:42 PM.

L2 you can have 500, L1 you can have 2000 L0 is based on a calculated capacity using social distancing with differences for seated and standing crowds. Standing get abut 30$ of seated.

Yes I seriously do believe that would have been a reason i.e. not wanting to lose the prestige of being a host nation for a huge event.

How else do you explain that Kilmarnock are allowed just 500 fans to attend their play off match v Dundee next Monday - by my calculations that will be less than 3% of Rugby Park's capacity, to going to 25% capacity at Hampden just 3 weeks later?

Hampden's also currently in a level 3 area meaning no events can take place with spectators, if case rates in Glasgow don't fall between now and 14th June and they stay in level 3 do you think fans will be banned from attending Scotland's first match at a major tournament in over 20 years?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    L2 you can have 500, L1 you can have 2000 L0 is based on a calculated capacity using social distancing with differences for seated and standing crowds. Standing get abut 30$ of seated.
    Outdoor seated is;

Level 2 - 500
    Level 1 - 1,000
    Level 0 - 2,000

All of the above numbers can be increased with the agreement of the local council and Scottish Government.

@hibs.net private member Ringothedog's Avatar

If COVID rates do not fall then the Scottish government will have to stop the games being played in Glasgow. This is about lives not money or prestige . If the games where to go ahead it will leave them on shaky ground if football clubs across Scotland decide to challenge their right to have fans in their stadiums regardless of the COVID rates
    Last edited by Ringothedog; 18-05-2021 at 06:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Yes
    Yes you expect fans to be banned if Glasgow is in level 3 on 14th June? No chance in my opinion.

UEFA gave governments of each host nation a deadline to confirm whether fans would be able to attend each stadium during the tournament and the Scottish Government gave their consent for 12,000 fans to attend Hampden back on 7th April when we were still in level 4.

Not only is Hampden in Glasgow but it's also in one of the postcodes where infection rates are through the roof. I have heard absolutely nothing from them so far to suggest that fans attending Hampden for the Euros may be at risk despite the first game being less than 4 weeks away and infection levels in the city currently going up every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringothedog View Post
    If COVID rates do not fall then the Scottish government will have to stop the games being played in Glasgow. This is about lives not money or prestige . If they games where to go ahead it will leave them on shaky ground if football clubs across Scotland decide to challenge their right to have fans in their stadiums regardless of the COVID rates
    We'll just have to wait and see I suppose.