hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Loved seeing the smile on his face tonight, he’s done a great job with us and deserves the credit. Now become a club legend and win the cup 🇳🇬👍

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We were an absolute shambles when this guy took over, with a squad of players who couldn’t see out a game if their life depended on it.

I think Jack Ross is the most under rated manager in our history.

If we sometimes win ugly - is it not infinitely preferable to losing games like this? ....which we did regularly before.

Let’s get this cup!
    Couldn't agree more with this...how many 2 goal leads did the Hecky Hibs surrender??

JR has done an amazing job and let's hope he becomes a legend in 10 days time

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don’t know how this popped up again, but why settle for third? If we can retain and build on this squad, 2nd isn’t impossible. Remember, Celtic are a mess and will be rebuilding drastically. Too early to settle for best of the rest.
    Good point, if Celtic appoint the equivalent of John Barnes or Mogga (in terms of how well he did for them) then a confident start next season could throw up all sorts.
    Winning the Cup could really ignite us again and I'm sure Ron will invest adequately on the back of that too.
    If its Eddie Howe coming in to Celtic let's hope he's thinking its just Rangers he has to beat, take your eye off the ball and anything can happen

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    I don’t know how this popped up again, but why settle for third? If we can retain and build on this squad, 2nd isn’t impossible. Remember, Celtic are a mess and will be rebuilding drastically. Too early to settle for best of the rest.
    I'd take 2nd any day of the week.

Chuffed to bits to have third wrapped up. All credit to Jack Ross and the team. Can now focus on the final as well. Feels good to be a Hibee right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    Incredible to get third over the line!
    Game management spot on👊
    Well done to Ross ,an amazing achievement in its own right.
    Players looked hungry tonight maybe davie provan will leave them a piece of his fedora😂
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    That's very similar to what I think.

Fair to say that the best foundations for a club are built on pragmatism and add flair afterwards, looks like this is the process we're going through.
    If we could win this cup final it will be a season to remember forever.
    Please get it over the line!
    I was absolutely impressed by our fight and determination in the second half tonight. A repeat performance in the final could make this a fantastic season. If we can win the Cup, I think Porteous, Doig, Nisbet and Irvine will waken up and see the sense of staying put for at least another season.

Well done Jack ,players and staff.
    Older fans may agree with me .
    The Tornadoes in original form,were short lived,yet played such football not seen at ER since the FF.
    I really believe that Jack can and will, with the backing of Ron,and the support, assemble a squad/ team /side that will make us oldies who still dream of The Tornadoes very happy and muchly proud !!

Ron must see that with third place and Final appearance ,he has bought into a good outfit with fantastic and very faithful longstanding support, going back generations.

We shall not be moved ,Ron!!
    Over to you !
    Glory!! Glory !
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 13-05-2021 at 07:58 AM.

I just want to say how delighted I am with how he has done since his appointment.

When he took over we were close to the relegation zone and it looked like all of the previous good work had been completely undone.

The squad has no balance and we were struggling.

There have been obvious blows like the defeats to Hearts and losing to St Johnstone in the semi final but that’s football.

What he has done is something we expect yet very rarely achieve and that’s finish third. Even more impressive since it been during a very difficult season due to the pandemic.

Budgets were cut yet he managed to identify and sign players like Gogic, Nisbet, Irvine etc that proved brilliant signings and no doubt each one played a huge part. He also managed to improve players game like Boyle (and convince him to sign a new deal)who managed to get his best ever goals return and bring through the likes of Doig.

The player recruitment since he has came in has been brilliant Imo with very few not
    Impressing.

Some will moan that the style may not be the most exciting but I disagree. Whilst it may not be beautiful it’s effective and we normally play at a pace and aggression in how we attack teams with our wings backs, Boyle and Doig bombing on and taking on players.

We look a lot less likely to be bullied and I feel confident going into games that we’ll win and we have the players to get us over the line. People will point to some defeats this season and yes fair enough but every team in the world has hiccups.

To think we can go one better and win the Scottish cup is unbelievable.

What I will say is finishing 3rd and getting to a semi final and a final is impressive in itself let alone winning it. But let’s go that one step further, I think we will too

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    I just want to say how delighted I am with how he has done since his appointment.

When he took over we were close to the relegation zone and it looked like all of the previous good work had been completely undone.

The squad has no balance and we were struggling.

There have been obvious blows like the defeats to Hearts and losing to St Johnstone in the semi final but that’s football.

What he has done is something we expect yet very rarely achieve and that’s finish third. Even more impressive since it been during a very difficult season due to the pandemic.

Budgets were cut yet he managed to identify and sign players like Gogic, Nisbet, Irvine etc that proved brilliant signings and no doubt each one played a huge part. He also managed to improve players game like Boyle (and convince him to sign a new deal)who managed to get his best ever goals return and bring through the likes of Doig.

The player recruitment since he has came in has been brilliant Imo with very few not
    Impressing.

Some will moan that the style may not be the most exciting but I disagree. Whilst it may not be beautiful it’s effective and we normally play at a pace and aggression in how we attack teams with our wings backs, Boyle and Doig bombing on and taking on players.

We look a lot less likely to be bullied and I feel confident going into games that we’ll win and we have the players to get us over the line. People will point to some defeats this season and yes fair enough but every team in the world has hiccups.

To think we can go one better and win the Scottish cup is unbelievable.

What I will say is finishing 3rd and getting to a semi final and a final is impressive in itself let alone winning it. But let’s go that one step further, I think we will too
    Excellent post and a huge well done not only to just Jack Ross but to everyone involved in this season's efforts.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Any manager that rocks a green cardie like JR is a born winner IMO

An outstanding first full season at the club, regardless of what happens at Hampden. Jack deserves a hell of a lot of credit for his work here, a lot of the same team that was loitering near the relegation spot when he came in is still here and are now doing well. Total 180.

Win the cup too and it's a legendary status, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentDaleCooper View Post
    Any manager that rocks a green cardie like JR is a born winner IMO
    And he says he is wearing it for the final

I also find it quite funny we have had a few days debating wether gogic and hallberg should start, and Ross decides to start both which was an absolute game winning decision.and both were superb.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyrougier123 View Post
    I also find it quite funny we have had a few days debating wether gogic and hallberg should start, and Ross decides to start both which was an absolute game winning decision.and both were superb.
    He never had much of a choice to be fair, the discussion was around the cup final. Newell was never going to play tonight after limping out at the weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    He never had much of a choice to be fair, the discussion was around the cup final. Newell was never going to play tonight after limping out at the weekend.
    Let’s hope and assume that Newell and Porteous’s injuries are not serious. Why have them on the bench tonight if there was concern.

Let’s hope and assume that Newell and Porteous’s injuries are not serious. Why have them on the bench tonight if there was concern.
    I don’t think they were crocked, but simply filling spaces on the bench and used if the worst happened and we had loads of injuries tonight. We only had about 7 named subs, take those two off and it’s only 5. With Gogic back it was easy to give Newell the rest, and Daz was available.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I Do realise it was cup final chat,he could’ve started magennis tonight for a chance to shine and put Irvine in the middle,he had options so don’t think it was a hands tied scenario.it was great decision I won’t play it down Sam.

Ross has done a very good job this season for us. Let's hope it turns out to be even better, but I'm comfortable with him taking us forward.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

It has been a fantastic end to the season. Well done to Jack Ross and the team. Hibs are up where they belong and you have all done well getting us there.

Well done Jack ross have had my doubts but he's taken us to best finish in ages. Humble pie. Keep it up Jack

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    I’ve been consistent in my view that we won a watch when we hired Jack Ross. He’s an exceptionally talented manager and to be going into the final game of the season 6 points clear of fourth place, with a cup final to look forward to, is outstanding.

We have had some bumps in the road, a handful of performances that were as bad as anything we saw under Butcher, imho, but they were just that -bumps on an otherwise hugely consistent season.

People will point to the fact that Aberdeen had a run of (insert increasing number here) of games without scoring and question that it took until now to really be sure of third, but that overlooks the fact that we had some catching up to do on them, so to overturn the deficit and then create a big enough gap to allow for a couple of slip ups ourselves, while competing in the cups, is fantastic.

On almost any measure you want to use, Hibs are the third best team in the country.

The often criticised defender is meaner than anyone outside the old firm (i think), the mis-firing, wasteful attack are the third top scorers in the league. As a support we’ve been hyper critical of a really good team and it’s only now when we’re sitting on the cusp of our best season in most of our lifetimes that people are accepting that we’re a good team.

Huge credit to Jack and the team, but also to Graeme Mathie, Ron Gordon, and all the people behind the scenes who have worked tirelessly this season to deliver this third place finish.

Now bring the cup home, Jack, and make history.

Left by mutual consent!
    Seasons not over yet! He’ll get my opinion once we win the cup and not before!

💚

Absolutely full credit to Jack Ross. I personally criticised him between the defeat to Hearts and St Johnstone but most of that was out of anger. He has done a tremendous job in a tough season all things considered. I hope we win this cup for him more than anyone. GGTTH

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    It's a great achievement and I must admit I really wasn't sure he was right for us.

This has been a very weird season with the empty stadiums. I don't know if that has benefitted us or not. In some respects we've been here before, a really solid looking base and a lot of potential to build something special. Can he do it? Let's deal with the cup first and then find out next season...

Inconsequential
    Left by mutual consent!
    Surely now everyone with a possible cup final win to follow will admit that Ross Jack has done very, very well.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Well done Jack. Whatever happens now you’ve delivered a fine season. Go win that cup and make it truly special.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    It's a great achievement and I must admit I really wasn't sure he was right for us.

This has been a very weird season with the empty stadiums. I don't know if that has benefitted us or not. In some respects we've been here before, a really solid looking base and a lot of potential to build something special. Can he do it? Let's deal with the cup first and then find out next season...

I think he’s a great fit for us. Dour and pragmatic but maybe that’s just what Hibs were needing - give us a structure and a seriousness to our work, sign good players, let them go and perform.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Absolutely full credit to Jack Ross. I personally criticised him between the defeat to Hearts and St Johnstone but most of that was out of anger. He has done a tremendous job in a tough season all things considered. I hope we win this cup for him more than anyone. GGTTH
    Yep my thoughts exactly mate.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Lifting the players and getting us to a final after two sickening semi final defeats isn't to be sniffed at either. He's shown he can overcome massive disappointment.

Excellent season for JR, which could be sensational come 22nd.

Well balanced squad of players who appear to have the drive to succeed. We can only hope that Ron is a man with a plan, and is able to hang on to Jack Ross for a while longer.