hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Willie Miller and bbc sportsound

What a sad bitter man Willie Miller is, questioning the Hibs players celebrating at the end of the game because of covid Bbc sportsound is so all about the dons, Miller talked more about Aberdeen and how they could not beat Hibs rather than give Hibs credit. One great period in the 80s and they think they are the old firm. This makes 3rd place and a cup final even more satisfying

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I think you’ve taken that the wrong way. Gordon said something about the game not being exciting or important when passing to Miller and Miller corrected him saying it was and Hibs deserve it.

I agree Willies comments were a little strange but to be fair he did also give Hibs plenty of praise.

Funnily enough he wasn't so critical when 8 of the Aberdeen players ignored the rules and went to a restaurant at the height of the pandemic and 2 of them caught Covid.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I thought Miller was alright last night, and I'm very quick to jump on him because I normally think he's a twat.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    I thought he was joking.

Strange guy so might be wrong.

He was joking. People really need to calm down on the Willie Miller hate. He was mentioned on another thread too. He had nothing but good things to say about hibs last night.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He was joking. People really need to calm down on the Willie Miller hate. He was mentioned on another thread too. He had nothing but good things to say about hibs last night.
    Thought I was going mad.

I listened last night and didn’t hear him or Richard Gordon moan about us at all. They were all full of praise for Hibs, Jack Ross and our front 3 in particular.

Then you come on here and read what people think they heard! It’s mental.

If you believed folk on here you’d think they go out of their way to pick on us. Couldn’t be more wrong on this occasion.

@hibs.net private member
    Willie Miller and Richard Gordon spend far too long talking about the Dons..
    I like Sportsound and listen to it weekly, but the time they give to Aberdeen is disproportionate. Win, lose or draw there is always a dwelling and protracted analysis of Aberdeen.
    Even Preston joked about it one week when he said (half) jokingly - ‘that’s the problem on here. It’s all about Aberdeen’

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    Willie Miller and Richard Gordon spend far too long talking about the Dons..
    I like Sportsound and listen to it weekly, but the time they give to Aberdeen is disproportionate. Win, lose or draw there is always a dwelling and protracted analysis of Aberdeen.
    Even Preston joked about it one week when he said (half) jokingly - ‘that’s the problem on here. It’s all about Aberdeen’
    No ****. And Paddy B only talks about Celtic. Does it really matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Thought I was going mad.

I listened last night and didn’t hear him or Richard Gordon moan about us at all. They were all full of praise for Hibs, Jack Ross and our front 3 in particular.

Then you come on here and read what people think they heard! It’s mental.

If you believed folk on here you’d think they go out of their way to pick on us. Couldn’t be more wrong on this occasion.
    I disagree but everyone has a different opinion. I feel that bbc sportsound is so pro Dons it's actually laughable. I also do not think Willie Miller was joking about the celebrations at the end of the game either but mental how people hear things differently

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Any sports programme in Scotland that is not one hundred percent obsessed by the Old Firm can't be all that bad.

@hibs.net private member
    When Hibs scored you heard the hurt in Willie Miller's voice but he was really complimentary to Hibs at the end.

Have to say I don't get the hate and really like him. His love for the game and knowledge oozes out his pours and he is always measured, never making controversial comments to make a name for himself like a lot of the others. Willie Miller was also the only one who was measured and dignified in the lead up to McInnes's sacking when a lot of others were aggessively calling him for him to go.

We'll really miss the likes of him and Pat Bonnar when they go.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    No ****. And Paddy B only talks about Celtic. Does it really matter.
    Indeed. It makes sense to have pundits from across the football spectrum as it were. Naturally a pundit will be drawn to his own club too.

But Richard Gordon as the presenter of a publicly funded broadcaster has a duty to bring balance to the programme. I find that he ruminates over Aberdeen bringing Miller along to join him.

The result is - as I said before - a disproportionate amount of time spent talking about Aberdeen.

Hibs came 3rd. Yet I can tell you, as a Sportsound listener, we came at best, a distant 4th to the Dons in radio time.

BBC Sportsound is a great thing and I have never understood the dislike from a lot of folk on here.
    Sky, BT etc don't give a flying **** about Scottish football outside the top division and even then their real interest doesn't spread below the biggest teams. Didn't see them giving any coverage to the lower league play off's in the last week. Meanwhile the BBC give both television and radio coverage of the Scottish lower leagues most weeks.
    As for the constant whining about not giving Hibs enough credit etc. It's untrue and tiresome. If the BBC go down the drain at some point we will all have real issues of bias and unequal treatment of Hibs to moan about.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Stephen McGinn was on tonight, worth a listen again

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Stephen McGinn was on tonight, worth a listen again
    Say anything interesting?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Say anything interesting?
    Was taking about his role at Hibs, loved it but missed playing
    Didn’t mention if he was coming back in any capacity

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Was taking about his role at Hibs, loved it but missed playing
    Didn’t mention if he was coming back in any capacity
    Cheers . Will check it out

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    I listened to sportsound last night and Miller is a very bitter and jealous man. When he was speaking about the game he spoke as if Aberdeen were world class...and when Hibs scored his tone changed to sour and that made our win last night even more pleasing get it up you Miller yi sour loser.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    BBC Sportsound is a great thing and I have never understood the dislike from a lot of folk on here.
    Sky, BT etc don't give a flying **** about Scottish football outside the top division and even then their real interest doesn't spread below the biggest teams. Didn't see them giving any coverage to the lower league play off's in the last week. Meanwhile the BBC give both television and radio coverage of the Scottish lower leagues most weeks.
    As for the constant whining about not giving Hibs enough credit etc. It's untrue and tiresome. If the BBC go down the drain at some point we will all have real issues of bias and unequal treatment of Hibs to moan about.
    You obviously never listened for the months they relentlessly tried to save Hearts from relegation. Absolutely tortuous listening to that.

At least he's no Stephen Craigan.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee_easty
    I don’t understand why people don’t just not listen. If you don’t like it, nobody is forcing you to listen to it.

I found myself constantly complaining about how crap The Walking Dead had got, then I just stopped watching it, and now I don’t even think about how crap it is.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    For all the stick Sportsound gets on here I think they do a really decent job in covering Scottish football. Sky’s coverage is fine but they concentrate so much on the Ugly Sisters it’s embarrassing. At least BT showed teams out with the uglies regularly. Sportsound and the BBC do a really good job of covering the game nationwide, and to be honest I don’t mind that the reporters or presenters all support different teams, it wouldn’t do for them all to be bland and neutral at every turn.

Their love in for Dr Mrs Budge last year was pretty nauseating though and quite why and how Craig Levein has become their go-to know all pundit is totally beyond me.

And Miller was clearly joking last night. I thought he was very complimentary about us.

@hibs.net private member
    I agree with much of what you say and also love Sportsound for the way it ‘bigs up’ our underrated game.

I’m just saying that I think they dwell on Aberdeen somewhat, to the detriment of other clubs, Hibs among them.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    You obviously never listened for the months they relentlessly tried to save Hearts from relegation. Absolutely tortuous listening to that.
    It would have been the same if it was Hibs, Aberdeen etc.
    It was amusing to listen to the programmes knowing that there was no way other clubs were going to vote to save them.
    If anything it persuaded Hearts to try ever more ridiculous ways to save their ass culminating in the madness of going to the Court of Session!

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Any sports programme in Scotland that is not one hundred percent obsessed by the Old Firm can't be all that bad.
    Hibs Class!

Left by mutual consent!
    Agree with this 100%

Sportsound is very good to be fair. Richard Gordon is a proper host very articulate, Willie Miller has the gravitas and the other pundits are full of insight like Neil McCann or Billy Dodds. The only questionable pundit they have is Tom English as he didn't play and is a journalist. Open all mics is very good and the coverage is comprehensive all year round. Get the impression Richard Gordon actually has a soft spot for Hibernian.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 13-05-2021 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by judas View Post
    I agree with much of what you say and also love Sportsound for the way it ‘bigs up’ our underrated game.

I’m just saying that I think they dwell on Aberdeen somewhat, to the detriment of other clubs, Hibs among them.
    I try not to listen to it or judge it through the prism of Hibs. It's entertainment and most of the time it is.
    At this time more than any other in history i'm glad it exists outside the all about the money media of Sky and BT who would drop even our top league like a hot tattie if two of the teams left.
    For example it was great the other night when they reported that Josh Campbell had just scored a 25 yard screamer to win the play off game for Edinburgh City. It's what public service TV is all about.
    Obviously the BBC were there last to provide coverage of the big game. No show from the media uglies Sky/BT/Premier who had already used all their bullets on two other teams? Support the BBC with your licence fee or get left with ugly corporate media companies.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 13-05-2021 at 08:32 PM.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    You can only begin to imagine the tears and snotters from the high heid yins at Premier Sports when both of the ugly sisters were knocked of the cup this year out leaving one of Hibs, the 2 saints or Utd to pick up the trophy. The pain and anguish must have been a wonder to behold. That’s what the BBC and Sportsound does well to counter, reminding everyone that football doesn’t begin and end in Glasgow.