hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Aberdeen v Hibs

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by easty View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Who hypes up Calum Hendry?
    Wasn't he being rumoured to be a possible target for us?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Boyle outmuscling Kamberi right at the end was particularly enjoyable

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint Hibee View Post
    Wasn't he being rumoured to be a possible target for us?

Aye it was mentioned in the press that hibs were interested but that was more likely down to his agent.

The Aberdeen fans hailed signing him on loan over us as some sort of 'get it up yi' Material....

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Kamberi is hilariously **** as a footballer.
    Personally i think it was Lennons fault tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I listened to it on sportsound.

Willie miller is an absolute chump.

Mentioned at one point how he felt the front two doesn’t really work for Jack Ross.

I think he needs his eyes testing.

Honestly, dislike for hibs seeps out of that fanny
    Isn't that these days a pre-requisite set in stone condition in the job description when applying for a BBC Sportscene/Sportsound gig?

Quote Originally Posted by SaulGoodman View Post
    Boyle outmuscling Kamberi right at the end was particularly enjoyable

Kamberi had been swaggering about all night blowing wind out his erchie. Boyler easily outmuscling him at the end was the icing on the cake.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    There’s absolutely no doubt about who should be starting. Daz is absolutely levels ahead.
    Don't think he is levels ahead. Different strengths and would probably suit St Johnstone better than playing say Celtic however wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan starting given he has been a regular this season.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post
    Aye it was mentioned in the press that hibs were interested but that was more likely down to his agent.

The Aberdeen fans hailed signing him on loan over us as some sort of 'get it up yi' Material....
    Just like Ojo and we know how that worked out. Also good finishing ahead of them given how cocky they were after beating us earlier in the season when they signed McCrorie just before that game. As Richard Gordon would say karma.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    It does take time. Time and money. The issue is whether the time and money are being well spent. For example, we had invested time and money into Terry Butcher's tenure but there would have been no value in giving him more time. We had invested in Heckingbottom. On a long enough timeline he might have got some results but nobody was interested in waiting. I wasn't.

With all the hindsight going you give Jack Ross time and fair play to those that called it when things were a bit hairy. They were definitely seeing something I didn't.

Thankfully, this time, your faith was well placed. Even more thankfully I'm not the CEO!
    That is very true, but since Ross walked in the door, we have improved month on month. Of course we've had a few hiccups, but our league position has improved and improved.

Our cup form is also good, but because we lost in two semi's we were back to being bottlers, and the latest craze was he couldn't win any big games, even when he had, just not the big games we lost.

When you looked at the bigger picture, we were improving, straight away after he walked in the door we improved. Not quick enough for some, but that says more about them than Ross.

It's madness that a Hibs manager should be hounded when he's kept them top 4 all season, i mean we have managers do that all the time dont we?

Of course we lost games we hated losing, but we were sheite when he took over, he steadied the ship, improved us in terms of not losing so many games, winning more than previously and improved our league position.

When did we get that good, that hounding out a manager was so easy to do when we were getting it so much better on the park?

Where has this entitlement come from?

Quote Originally Posted by Stokesy's on fire View Post

Regan Hendry surely?

Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    Isn't that these days a pre-requisite set in stone condition in the job description when applying for a BBC Sportscene/Sportsound gig?
    Willie Miller was sticking up for Hibs last night. Gave them loads of credit.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    That is very true, but since Ross walked in the door, we have improved month on month. Of course we've had a few hiccups, but our league position has improved and improved.

Our cup form is also good, but because we lost in two semi's we were back to being bottlers, and the latest craze was he couldn't win any big games, even when he had, just not the big games we lost.

When you looked at the bigger picture, we were improving, straight away after he walked in the door we improved. Not quick enough for some, but that says more about them than Ross.

It's madness that a Hibs manager should be hounded when he's kept them top 4 all season, i mean we have managers do that all the time dont we?

Of course we lost games we hated losing, but we were sheite when he took over, he steadied the ship, improved us in terms of not losing so many games, winning more than previously and improved our league position.

When did we get that good, that hounding out a manager was so easy to do when we were getting it so much better on the park?

Agree with all of that. I've said for ages now that we are a work in progress under JR and hopefully he is here as long as McInnes was at Aberdeen. He will make us a real strong team and working with Ron Gordon and the rest of the board will make us into an even stronger club from top to bottom. It is a very exciting time to be a Hibby

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Don't think he is levels ahead. Different strengths and would probably suit St Johnstone better than playing say Celtic however wouldn't be surprised to see Ryan starting given he has been a regular this season.
    Agreed. I think people are forgetting that Porteous has played the vast majority of games in a very successful season.

It's great that Daz has been brilliant when he's come in, but if he'd played 30 games, he'd likely have made a few errors leading to goals too. It's the nature of the position.

Definitely a tough call now for the manager, but both players are capable of putting in a great performance to win us the cup. Look at Porto in the QF vs Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Just like Ojo and we know how that worked out. Also good finishing ahead of them given how cocky they were after beating us earlier in the season when they signed McCrorie just before that game. As Richard Gordon would say karma.

Makes this even sweeter.

OJO good laugh him

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzling Doidge View Post
    How did I miss this.

Probably since the cup win in 2016 and the profile brought to us by Lennon. Then the cleared debt and investment. The bar is, and should be, set higher than it was previously.

Jack Ross has proven equal to the challenge so nobody is wrong for expecting better than we're used to. That is just where we are as a club now.

I could have been a bit more patient though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilson View Post
    Probably since the cup win in 2016 and the profile brought to us by Lennon. Then the cleared debt and investment. The bar is, and should be, set higher than it was previously.

Jack Ross has proven equal to the challenge so nobody is wrong for expecting better than we're used to. That is just where we are as a club now.

I could have been a bit more patient though.
    We were actually in the 2nd tier of Scottish football when we won the cup, under Lennon we were pish according to some, Heckingbottom was another poor manager, so now we get our 3rd manager since winning the cup.

As for expecting better than we were used to, i dont, i take what's delivered and speak on that accordingly.

It's just nice to be speaking about success, as i'm sure you know, we dont have much of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brightside View Post
    Willie Miller was sticking up for Hibs last night. Gave them loads of credit.
    Willie Miller sounded gutted last night loved hearing his sour voice after we scored. Another pleasing moment from last night.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyJammies View Post
    Can only see a right spanking here tonight. I'm gonna say at least 0-3 for Hibs, but probably 0-5.

Aberdeen are a dreadful little club with no spine and have several thousand dour faced, highly ugly, supporters.

If it weren't for the oil the North East should have been annexed decades ago and given to Norway or Denmark, to protect real Scotland.

Post of the season, I hope the get relegated next season, **** provincial club that have done nothing of note, ever.

We were actually in the 2nd tier of Scottish football when we won the cup, under Lennon we were pish according to some, Heckingbottom was another poor manager, so now we get our 3rd manager since winning the cup.

As for expecting better than we were used to, i dont, i take what's delivered and speak on that accordingly.

It's just nice to be speaking about success, as i'm sure you know, we dont have much of it.
    I'm hoping for better. The things that have held us back for decades are in the rearview mirror. Duff and Gray. The collapse of the Sky tv deal. Stadium and training ground development. Servicing long term debt.

We have so much potential to kick on and I think we're in a good place. There is definitely a fine balance between knowing we can and being patient enough while we get there.

Success is certainly a nice change of pace though.

We need this cup win to set us up for the future, it will boost the fans, sell more ST,s, breed confidence that we can regularly win trophies and get in to Europe more. This Final is massive.