hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: What would you prefer?

Voters
125. You may not vote on this poll
  • Empty Hampden

96 76.80%
  • Some fans at Pittodrie

29 23.20%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

Empty hampden or some fans at Aberdeen? What’s your preference

These may not be the only options but assuming they are?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Empty Hampden.

****ing Scottish Cup final being played at Pittodrie. No way.

Jack Ross won't want to play a final on a small bumpy pitch when he can have a big flat one, and what he says goes. And it would be rubbish. Dilapidated stadium, a few fans socially distanced with masks on. No ta, rather watch it on the telly.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Jack Ross won't want to play a final on a small bumpy pitch when he can have a big flat one, and what he says goes. And it would be rubbish. Dilapidated stadium, a few fans socially distanced with masks on. No ta, rather watch it on the telly.
    would it be rubbish for the fans lucky enough to be there?

makes little difference to me anyway. I won’t be at the Final regardless. I can certainly see why people would want it to be at Hampden, with or without fans

Managers job is to pick a team and win the game in front of him.
    If its a crappy mid winter pitch or perfect bowling green it won't be a surprise to him.
    For me, get as many fans at the game as possible.
    Wembley had 8000 for the semifinals and it was better than the piped music, the players don't have it and we should remember that, get a proper dynamic to the game.
    I think Aberdeen have done us a great favour and have put SFA under pressure.
    Fingers crossed Hampden still an option

Empty Hampden, just wouldn't feel right seeing the team lift the cup at Pittodrie.

We’ve spent a whole year watching fitba on TV with no fans. Why is there now a crisis that demands that we have a couple of thousand fans at the final. I can only guess that it’s the media looking to create a story. I listened to BBC radio Drivetime and they interviewed a St. Johnstone player who said he preferred Hampden fans or no fans. Then on Reporting Scotland all those interviewed demanded fans be present and went on about playing the final at Pittodrie. Reminds me a bit of the stirring the BBC did over relegation at the end of last season. I resigned myself to not seeing live fitba when I bought my season ticket last year and see no reason why there’s a need for a change now.

Empty Hampden.

A cup final at Pittodirie in front of a few thousand is just an awful thought and would totally tarnish it.

Empty Hampden. Pittodrie is a soleless ****hole even with fans

Testimonial Due
    An empty Hampden.

Pittodrie's barely suitable for a league game let alone the national final.

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    would it be rubbish for the fans lucky enough to be there?

makes little difference to me anyway. I won’t be at the Final regardless. I can certainly see why people would want it to be at Hampden, with or without fans
    I think it would - Pittodrie has no atmosphere at the best of times, it would feel as far from a big, showpiece occasion as its possible to get.

Being at Hampden is part of the occasion.

The semi finals and finals without fans at Hampden have been fine and still felt like a big occasion. Why change it for one game? The thought of winning it at Pittodrie with a scattering of fans would take far more out of it for me than winning it at Hampden with no fans.

Can't vote on the phone but 100% Hampden. Pittodrie would be ****.

You can be sure that the Sheep FC will not be doing this free gratis. They will make sure there is a profit for them in doing it. They can put their wellies on and go and f.... themselves.

Baffled why most people wouldn't want our own fans to be at this game. You'd change your mind in a heartbeat if offered a ticket.

We're going to be watching it on TV, who gives a f*** where its played?! Surely having the option to have fans at Scotland's national cup final is the preferable option?

Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    The semi finals and finals without fans at Hampden have been fine and still felt like a big occasion. Why change it for one game? The thought of winning it at Pittodrie with a scattering of fans would take far more out of it for me than winning it at Hampden with no fans.
    Seriously? The thought of Hibs players being able to lift the trophy in front of our own fans, no matter how many, I think would be brilliant after all that's happened this year. Players and manager deserve it

Fans at the game wherever it is but let’s face it, it’s not going to pittidrie. If it gets moved it will be to a much bigger stadium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Newcastlehibby's Avatar
    Neither - Murrayfield.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Fans at Pittodrie.

Fans are all that matters in football. If there’s a chance for some to be there then we should be making it happen.

@hibs.net private member
    Amazed that anyone wants a game played with no fans. I’d be delighted if we played at leith links and won the Scottish Cup especially after a long season with no fans. The games doesn’t have to be at Aberdeen, Murray field is a better option or even East End Park. Let get fans at the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mcohibs View Post
    Seriously? The thought of Hibs players being able to lift the trophy in front of our own fans, no matter how many, I think would be brilliant after all that's happened this year. Players and manager deserve it
    We've got people saying how much of a dump Hampden is in other threads now begging for the final to be kept at Hampden.... Couldn't make it up. The ones saying no to Aberdeen are the ones who have never been to Aberdeen or have any intention of going to Aberdeen as two and a half hours drive is too much trouble....

Pains me to say it but Tynie would be a better option than Pittodrie? I'd take anywhere so long as the pitch was in good condition and I got a ticket of course. If no luck in a ballot i couldn't give a flying f.... where it is if truth be told

@hibs.net private member
    Understand that it is the SFA that are saying no fans at Hampden so I would expect them to have the same objection to Pittodrie.
    I think that it should be at Hampden with fans. At least 12,000.
    BTW that is a massive about turn from me.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    So apparently for Hibs fans the infrastructure is more important than the actual fans. Who knew.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Isn't Murrayfield the best of both worlds? Away from Hampden, still a big stadium to maximise attendance. Pittodrie can get tae.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Isn't Murrayfield the best of both worlds? Away from Hampden, still a big stadium to maximise attendance. Pittodrie can get tae.
    Unavailable is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Can't vote on the phone but 100% Hampden. Pittodrie would be ****.
    You can if you change the site to desktop view.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Unavailable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...l-hampden/amp/

Fans there.

I don't care where that is really, not being able to sit next to my mates is an irrelevance to me and having to jump through hoops to get there is of no consequence. If fans can be at the final to support the team then I want to be there, I'd that means sitting alone and taking a test then fine. Those who would prefer to watch with a group at home still have that option. If it goes to ballot of whatever and I miss out I'd be delighted for those who did attend and would make alternative plans.

I don't think it will be an issue anyway. The game will 100% be at Hampden, fans or not.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Empty Hampden, not that it's anyone's ideal scenario.

I'd be minded to have it away from Hampden if they were going to make a proper fist of it, but not for a tiny number of fans.
    It would also ideally be a better and bigger stadium than pittodrie.

In order of preference:

1) 10-20k fans in Hampden
    2) 500 fans in Hampden
    3) 10-20k fans in another stadium
    4) Empty Hampden
    5) 500 fans in another stadium
    Mon the Hibs.