hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    No sentiment. Paul Hanlon has led this team through the season and to the final. If we win he should be lifting the trophy.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member gogs_t's Avatar
    Here is an article my son wrote on this yesterday.

Well worth a read

https://conaltracey.wordpress.com/20...-to-cup-glory/

Hope the link works!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So he’s more culpable for giving away a free kick that we had opportunities to clear than Paul Hanlon who passed it straight to Laxalt who then scored ?
    If you don’t give the free kick away, nothing else afterwards happens. The point was that he’s ideal for coming on if we are holding out, that game showed that’s absolutely not the case.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    If he doesn’t play he shouldn’t be going up to lift the cup. Remember John Terry doing that? Total cringe.

Besides, I think he has too much class to try and steal someone else’s moment.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    If you don’t give the free kick away, nothing else afterwards happens. The point was that he’s ideal for coming on if we are holding out, that game showed that’s absolutely not the case.
    We’ll agree to disagree, football is all about reacting. No one will ever convince me that a player conceding a free kick is more culpable when play has continued than the one who passes it direct to an opponent and they then score.

We’ll agree to disagree, football is all about reacting. No one will ever convince me that a player conceding a free kick is more culpable when play has continued than the one who passes it direct to an opponent and they then score.
    Was there a need to give the free kick away? It was in a nothing area with the boys back turned and cornered, it was stupidity, if you can’t see that then fair enough. Nobody is more culpable, however if he doesn’t give it away the goal doesn’t happen. We’re talking about Gray, and how useful he’d be coming off the bench to see a tight game out, if we want to talk about Hanlon then we can start a thread about that. He came on like a bull in a China shop and we lost a goal due to it.

@hibs.net private member
    A discussion about two legends lifting the cup, turns into which one was to blame for an old goal 😆👌

Was there a need to give the free kick away? It was in a nothing area with the boys back turned and cornered, it was stupidity, if you can’t see that then fair enough. Nobody is more culpable, however if he doesn’t give it away the goal doesn’t happen. We’re talking about Gray, and how useful he’d be coming off the bench to see a tight game out, if we want to talk about Hanlon then we can start a thread about that. He came on like a bull in a China shop and we lost a goal due to it.
    We were sitting back, inviting pressure. He tried to make a challenge, it was careless. I’m not defending him for that, but they didn’t score directly from the free kick, we had great opportunities to clear it and failed. If you can’t see that, then fair enough.

We were sitting back, inviting pressure. He tried to make a challenge, it was careless. I’m not defending him for that, but they didn’t score directly from the free kick, we had great opportunities to clear it and failed. If you can’t see that, then fair enough.
    I can see that and haven’t disputed that, but the point was that Gray is the best option (along with McGregor) for coming on and seeing a game out.... that’s the point I challenged and gave the Celtic game as the example, coupled with him playing zero football for months.

I can see that and haven’t disputed that, but the point was that Gray is the best option (along with McGregor) for coming on and seeing a game out.... that’s the point I challenged and gave the Celtic game as the example, coupled with him playing zero football for months.
    Fair enough. Fwiw I don’t disagree with you regarding bringing him on to see a game out, purely down to his lack of game time.