Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell
    Stevenson

Doidge
    Nisbet

Harsh on Doig & McGinn but McGregor & Stevenson are better defenders and we can't afford to go a goal down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by King Arthur View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Macey

Porteous
    McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell
    Stevenson

Doidge
    Nisbet

Harsh on Doig & McGinn but McGregor & Stevenson are better defenders and we can't afford to go a goal down.
    No, no and triple no.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    I would play murphy

@hibs.net private member The Sundance Kid's Avatar
    Macey

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    I don't know. Assuming they're fit, Nisbet, Doidge, Boyle, Hanlon and McGinn have all booked their places. Probably Doig and Porteous too.

The rest of the team have two games and two weeks to show why they deserve to be in the starting eleven. Aberdeen and Celtic are open auditions for who gets those remaining places.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Macey

Porteous
    McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell
    Stevenson

Doidge
    Nisbet

Stevenson isn’t a better defender than Doig. Doig replacing Stevenson has been a big part of our defensive improvement.

Unless we pick up any further injuries, the only real decision will be who plays in the middle of the park IMO.

Macey

Porteous
    McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell
    Stevenson

Doidge
    Nisbet

If you are going down that route you would be better with Hallberg rather than Newell.
    That would give you:
    Maximum power and legs in midfield to overpower the opponents
    Stevenson stopping Rooney rampaging up the wing.
    McGregor, Doidge, Porteous, Hanlon and Nisbet heading away and strength at set pieces stopping Rooney, Kerr etc
    Leaving our superior forwards to score goals.
    Keep 11 players on the pitch and no goal gifts and the jobs a carrot!

Basically keeping the ball out at one end whilst scoring at the other.
    A cunning plan.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 09-05-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Macey

McGinn
    McGregor (huge call)
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Halberg (huge call)
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

I think most of the team picks itself at the moment. I love Newell but he's not been at it lately and Halberg staked a huge claim yesterday. McGregor just seems more suited to a game v St Johnstone but I fully expect Porteous, who I am also a big fan of, to get the nod.

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Macey

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Irvine
    Gogic
    Hallberg
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

I would play McGregor

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Macey

McGinn
    McGregor (huge call)
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Halberg (huge call)
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

I think most of the team picks itself at the moment. I love Newell but he's not been at it lately and Halberg staked a huge claim yesterday. McGregor just seems more suited to a game v St Johnstone but I fully expect Porteous, who I am also a big fan of, to get the nod.
    Not 100% on Gogic and Halberg starting but can see where you are coming from. Agree on Daz over Porto though. Just a much safer option and can deal alot better with the balls in the box St Johnstone are certain to try. It will be a difficult match and we could do without handing them golden chances which Im sad to say IMO Porto is more likely to do. Despite improving he's still to prone to be rash and make bad decisions.

Having said that Im sure whatever eleven we put out they will rise to the occasion and the cups coming back to Leith.
    Last edited by Lancs Harp; 09-05-2021 at 05:48 PM.

Macey

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Irvine
    Gogic
    Newell
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

Picks itself, surely?🤷

Macey

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon
    Doig

Hallberg
    Gogic
    Irvine

Boyle
    Doidge
    Nisbet

Murphy/Newell to come on as a sub if goals are needed, McGregor and Stevenson if we're up

Macey

McGinn
    McGregor (huge call)
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Halberg (huge call)
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

It might not end up being a big call in Newell depending on the extent of his injury. Was actually surprised he stayed on as long as he did yesterday.

Ross will play him if he’s available but I’d rather see Hallberg. Didn’t think I’d be wanting to see Hallberg in the team but I thought he was superb yesterday.

Did Newell get an injury on Saturday

Same team as yesterday but Gogic for Newell. There's an argument to be made for Mcgregor for Porto too I suppose

I think Tanser is out for the season so hoping Boyle has a field day

Paisley saints created plenty chances, just like we did in LC SF. We need to take them like we did yesterday

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Macey

McGinn
    McGregor (huge call)
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Halberg (huge call)
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

Swap Murphy for Gogic and that would be my team. We need to get Murphy match fit as we struggle to break St Johnstone down.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    We’ve no idea who’s going to be for for Wednesday, never mind the final
    If Newell’s injury is as serious as 1st looked, might not see him again this season
    I just hope we don’t pick up any more injuries before the final, Porteous could also be a doubt if he has a hamstring problem. We’re lucky we have cover in certain areas, but can’t afford to lose anyone in the final 3rd

Surprised so many are wanting to drop players that have done it all season for some such as Hallberg, Murphy etc who are just back from injury or been inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Surprised so many are wanting to drop players that have done it all season for some such as Hallberg, Murphy etc who are just back from injury or been inconsistent.
    Horses for courses, we've lost our last 3 against them and haven't scored.

Left by mutual consent!
    Macey

Porteous
    McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Newell
    Stevenson

Doidge
    Nisbet

You're not seriously wanting Josh Doig dropped for Lewis Stevenson.
    Jeez it's St Johnstone we're playing not Man City.

@hibs.net private member
    Macey

McGinn
    McGregor (huge call)
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Halberg (huge call)
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

That's the team I'd go with too. It's really harsh on Porteous given his contribution this season but you feel we'd be a bit more solid with Darren. That said, Jack apears to have a lot of confidence in the players and is fairly loyal so I expect Porteous to get the nod (if fit after yesterday - which is by no means certain). Hopefully that vote of confidence would help him relax and concentrate.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    That's the team I'd go with too. It's really harsh on Porteous given his contribution this season but you feel we'd be a bit more solid with Darren. That said, Jack apears to have a lot of confidence in the players and is fairly loyal so I expect Porteous to get the nod (if fit after yesterday - which is by no means certain). Hopefully that vote of confidence would help him relax and concentrate.

PS - also see the case for Stevenson if a back 4.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    PS - also see the case for Stevenson if a back 4.

Two things to consider about St Johnstone is that they like to press high up the pitch and they also conceded a few chances today from crosses from deeper positions.

Lewis always positions himself as an easy pass to our midfield which may help, but is also decent at those sort of crosses. There's a genuine case to suggest starting with him to counter the way that they play.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Two things to consider about St Johnstone is that they like to press high up the pitch and they also conceded a few chances today from crosses from deeper positions.

Lewis always positions himself as an easy pass to our midfield which may help, but is also decent at those sort of crosses. There's a genuine case to suggest starting with him to counter the way that they play.
    Personally wuld be very surprised to see Lewis start. Doig offers more going forward than Lewis ever would and persoanlly would prefer the positive approach. Doig gets the shirt for me (as he has done for the majority of the season). Forgetting the past and addressing who is the better player right now? its Doig for me.

Should not being going out to stop them. Should be going to play our game. Doig must play because Rooney is a big donkey who scores a few headers so folk think he is good.

They looked shaky from crosses. Essential that Doidge plays well and fight them for everything.

Its strange. I believe in the 3 recent defeats to them we've not started both strikers, which gives their defence an easier game and always an extra man. Gotta push them back and work them.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Should not being going out to stop them. Should be going to play our game. Doig must play because Rooney is a big donkey who scores a few headers so folk think he is good.

They looked shaky from crosses. Essential that Doidge plays well and fight them for everything.

Its strange. I believe in the 3 recent defeats to them we've not started both strikers, which gives their defence an easier game and always an extra man. Gotta push them back and work them.
    Doidge is huge defensively as well, arguably our best defender when set pieces against. Nisbet is also huge due to his link up play, Boyle and Doidge don’t quite carry the same threat of dropping short and pulling their back three around. This then allows Boyle to go up against Booth and stops him marauding forward.

I can’t believe some wouldn’t play Doig, that genuinely baffles me.

Rooney would be better against Stevenson and they would most likely target him. Height and speed over Stevenson.

Macey

McGinn
    Porteous/McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Hallberg
    Newell
    Murphy
    Doig

Doidge
    Nisbet
    Gives us options on both sides need width against St Johnstone. Murphy could be a match winner

Quote Originally Posted by gbhibby View Post
    Macey

McGinn
    Porteous/McGregor
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Hallberg
    Newell
    Murphy
    Doig

Doidge
    Nisbet
    Gives us options on both sides need width against St Johnstone. Murphy could be a match winner
    Not overly keen on Murphy in the middle, would rather see him start on the bench and when he comes on go 4-2-3-1 with Nisbet dropping into the hole and Murphy playing off the left, could cause them all sorts of issues late on.

Macey

McGinn
    Porteous
    Hanlon

Boyle
    Newell
    Gogic
    Irvine
    Doig

Nisbet
    Doidge

For me our strongest side. If Newell isn’t fit enough Hallberg comes in. No need to make changes that are unnecessary. No daft mistakes, we’ve got better players it’s about staying patient and making sure we take our chances. They’ll allow us plenty of the ball. When they open up and bring Middleton and O’Halloran on, that’s when we should be bringing Murphy on to exploit the areas.