hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Would you like to see fans attend the Scottish Cup Final?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

134 89.33%
  • No

16 10.67%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He has to have his ****ing shneb in everything eh?

If it’s going to have fans it’s going to be Murrayfield, Ibrox or Celtic park.
    Fair play to him, he's got an option on the table the SFA have to say no to, it might only be 4k max but it's a start.
    So far all we've got is the SFA saying they've tried Old Firm and Hearts but have been turned down, a club have offered a bigger stadium than Tynecastle and have hosted test events.
    It's pressure on the SFA that we needed, they might now pull their finger out yo get an attendance that will not lose them money?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaster View Post
    Aberdeen has offered to host this season's Scottish Cup final at Pittodrie so Hibernian and St Johnstone fans can attend the match.

The Scottish FA confirmed last month that no supporters will be inside the national stadium for the tie on 22 May.

From next Monday 500 spectators can attend outdoor events in Scotland with organisers able to ask for more.

And 12,000 fans will be in Hampden on 14 June for Scotland's Euro 2020 opener against the Czech Republic.

"Aberdeen FC would be happy to consider Pittodrie being the Scottish Cup final venue if it helped fans get into the stadium and it was something that both teams and the Scottish FA wanted us to do," Aberdeen chairman Dave Cormack told BBC Scotland's The Nine.
    Ugh.

Also, yes I'd still go.

I would watch Hibs play the Scottish Cup Final in Leith Links!

The most frustrating part is Aberdeen don’t have an updated stadium as they have basically neglected it and spend money on players last few years.

Even a few thousand fans at somewhere like Aberdeen is better than none at Hampden surely.

I'd be more than happy to drive up to Pittodrie if it meant attending the cup final.

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    Don’t see the point . Just play the final where it’s scheduled to be . After going through all the rounds with no fans , playing the final at Pittodrie in front of a handful of fans will devalue the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    Don’t see the point . Just play the final where it’s scheduled to be . After going through all the rounds with no fans , playing the final at Pittodrie in front of a handful of fans will devalue the whole thing.
    Not sure about it devaluing the whole thing but I am happy enough we just play it at Hampden as planned.

Especially given the bigger pitch may be to our benefit.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    Not sure about it devaluing the whole thing but I am happy enough we just play it at Hampden as planned.

Never thought it’d be something I’d say but in the circumstances where only a small crowd would be allowed I doubt I would try and go.

Would be nowhere near the same as going with your usual group. I think watching it with the usual group somewhere would be a far better experience for a cup final.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar

I wonder if people realise that the pitch at mcdiarmid Park is the same size as Hampden?
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfred E Newman View Post
    I agree, It has to be a meaningful number of fans or none at all. 3000 fans in Aberdeen or 0 at Hampden - give me Hampden every day. This is the SC Final. It deserves to be played at a top stadium - Celtic, Sevco, Murrayfield or Hampden. That's it.

SFA need to put on their big boy trousers and convince UEFA that fans should be allowed to attend the Final.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Never thought it’d be something I’d say but in the circumstances where only a small crowd would be allowed I doubt I would try and go.

Would be nowhere near the same as going with your usual group. I think watching it with the usual group somewhere would be a far better experience for a cup final.
    I agree - I won’t be making any effort to attend should here be minimal crowds allowed. I’d prefer to watch with a group of my mates and have a garden party (hopefully).

That’s not to say there won’t be plenty of others that would drive the length of the country to attend under any circumstances, as I know there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I wonder if people realise that the pitch at mcdiarmid Park is the same size as Hampden?
    I know I didn’t! And that surprises me. What about Pittodrie?

People always talk about the “big pitch” at Hampden and it definitely does seem to be bigger with width when we play semis and finals, though I have wondered if it’s in part, at least, due to the stadium being bigger, track etc making the pitch seem that way.

May not be a huge thing but if we’re going to have most of the ball, and they’re sitting in a bit.. it could be more beneficial for us, particularly if the likes of Boyle is on a going day.

@hibs.net private member
    I know I didn’t! And that surprises me. What about Pittodrie?

People always talk about the “big pitch” at Hampden and it definitely does seem to be bigger with width when we play semis and finals, though I have wondered if it’s in part, at least, due to the stadium being bigger, track etc making the pitch seem that way.

May not be a huge thing but if we’re going to have most of the ball, and they’re sitting in a bit.. it could be more beneficial for us, particularly if the likes of Boyle is on a going day.
    Same size as ER too. Think Pittodrie is quite a bit smaller

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Personally can’t see a problem here. It would be nice if the two clubs involved decided to put a bit pressure on publicly.
    Put pressure on the have the game at one of our 4 biggest grounds where we could maximise the attendance, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaff View Post
    Fair play to him, he's got an option on the table the SFA have to say no to, it might only be 4k max but it's a start.
    So far all we've got is the SFA saying they've tried Old Firm and Hearts but have been turned down, a club have offered a bigger stadium than Tynecastle and have hosted test events.
    It's pressure on the SFA that we needed, they might now pull their finger out yo get an attendance that will not lose them money?
    Agree totally, but the pressure should be put on the SFA to try and show the crescendo to the season being played at on of the 4 biggest stadiums in the county, not their hovel of a ground.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    I would watch Hibs play the Scottish Cup Final in Leith Links!

The most frustrating part is Aberdeen don’t have an updated stadium as they have basically neglected it and spend money on players last few years.

Even a few thousand fans at somewhere like Aberdeen is better than none at Hampden surely.
    Fans getting in should be put above almost everything - but wouldn't Murrayfield be the best option if it can't be Hampden?

Pittodrie is bloody awful like you say. Imagine the FA having the cup final at say Craven Cottage or something like that? And thats doing Fulham a dis-service to compare it to Pittodrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I'd be more than happy to drive up to Pittodrie if it meant attending the cup final.
    So would I, but the SRU should surely be given first refusal?
    Last edited by Jones28; 11-05-2021 at 01:20 PM.