hibs.net Messageboard

View Poll Results: Would you like to see fans attend the Scottish Cup Final?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

134 89.33%
  • No

16 10.67%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Should fans be allowed at the final ? A poll…….

Currently there are no plans to allow fans to attend the Scottish Cup Final in a few weeks time.

Do you think the Scottish football authorities and Government should ensure that at least some supporters from each side to be there?

Yes.

But the politicians have just had their election, so don't expect us to be listened to.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes.

But the politicians have just had their election, so don't expect us to be listened to.
    It’s nothing to do with politicians, unless Rod Petrie, Mike Mulraney and Ian Maxwell have been elected MSP’s this week.

I’m not sure how to vote on mobile but I’m a yes also.

Yes.
    We should have been able to attend the final few league games as well.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Yes.
    We should have been able to attend the final few league games as well.
    Sadly that won't happen due to the government framework.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    It’s nothing to do with politicians, unless Rod Petrie, Mike Mulraney and Ian Maxwell have been elected MSP’s this week.

You need to switch to desktop view.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    You need to switch to desktop view.
    I never thought of that until you shared. Thanks. I predominantly look at the site on my mobile in lite view and not being able to vote in polls has always been a mild irritant.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    I never thought of that until you shared. Thanks. I predominantly look at the site on my mobile in lite view and not being able to vote in polls has always been a mild irritant.
    I dont use mobile view on mobile. It is shocking.

How is it nothing to do with politicians? Do you think it is Rod Petrie, Mike Mulraney and Ian Maxwell that get to make the decision without needing the government to approve it?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    How is it nothing to do with politicians? Do you think it is Rod Petrie, Mike Mulraney and Ian Maxwell that get to make the decision without needing the government to approve it?
    The government won’t bother unless the football authorities request it. The football authorities won’t request it because of the Euros at hampden and they can’t be arsed sorting out another stadium. The end. There’s no chance of fans getting in.

Left by mutual consent!
    2 deaths in the whole of the UK today, course we should, and if you'd told anyone that we couldn't back in January 2020 they'd have laughed at you

Re: .net

Hampden has been handed over to UEFA, the Glasgow clubs won't rent their stadiums to the SFA and it is too late to rent Murrayfield, organise Police, Ambulances, stewards etc etc etc. It's not happening at this late stage no matter how many folk sign a petition.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    If they want 500 fans or fewer they can crack on without the government approving anything I think (assuming we are in level 2 as planned).

Any more than that and we'd need the government involved - I can't see that being achieved at such short notice.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    If they want 500 fans or fewer they can crack on without the government approving anything I think (assuming we are in level 2 as planned).

Any more than that and we'd need the government involved - I can't see that being achieved at such short notice.
    Thanks, yeah I posted much the same about 15 mins later. So really it is to do with politicians unless we're just going to set the bar low at 500. As said, there's probably not enough time to sort something now anyway.

Yes.

Even if it's a couple of thousand from each team through a ballot it would be worth it.

Aside from anything else it seems madness we are going into the Euros without a Scottish specific test event.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    I'm sure a petition will be set up soon that we can all rally around.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Absolutely disgraceful from the SFA. They should have done all in their power to put on a show but they couldn’t give a rats ass as Rantic aren’t involved.

@hibs.net private member
    I think it's always been massively debateable that the act of watching an open air sporting event has a significant role in spreading any virus. Surrounding social activities may be another matter but there would seem to be little chance of picking anything up in an outdoor setting with distancing measures in place.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I think it's always been massively debateable that the act of watching an open air sporting event has a significant role in spreading any virus. Surrounding social activities may be another matter but there would seem to be little chance of picking anything up in an outdoor setting with distancing measures in place.
    I don’t think it’s ever been about being in the stands, it has however been about funnelling people through often cramped / tight indoor spaces to get to and from those stands.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Heart says yes, head says no. We've come this far with lockdown, we need to see it through now. Is it worth the risk at this point?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Coaching Staff
    Won't make a blind bit of difference what the fans thick, Scottish Gov won't be for turning, football means nothing to them.

It's Sturgeons fault, If she said yes it would happen tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Where would you play it? Hampden, murrayfield, ibrox, Celtic park and tynecastle are all unavailable

Quote Originally Posted by greenpaper55 View Post
    Can you imagine the stick the FM would get if she started trying to do the SFA's job for them and focussed on getting a few fans to a game in a couple of weeks with everything going on just now?

Without a shadow of a doubt. 12k for the Euros a few weeks later with absolutely nothing for the biggest domestic tournament in Scotland? Seems very unjust to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    Without a shadow of a doubt. 12k for the Euros a few weeks later with absolutely nothing for the biggest domestic tournament in Scotland? Seems very unjust to me.
    And straight into the Euros with no build up, no test events, no trial runs. Seems incredibly naive.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Let’s get voting on this everyone

And straight into the Euros with no build up, no test events, no trial runs. Seems incredibly naive.
    Yep, a Scottish Cup final with some fans could serve as a decent barometer for the SFA.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz
    A lot of people have had the vaccine so I don't see why not.

I agree there needs to be a test event before the euros. Clubs have a database of fans so could pick from the season ticket holders. Before buying ticket a questionnaire could be completed. Fans will be asked to take with them proof of vaccination form and ID. This will exclude people who have not be vaccinated, but at least it will allow people to attend(i am being selfish being 60 years old but will allow fans who work in NHS to attend)
    There is still time to organise this as without a test event it could be a nightmare at the euros.