hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There was much debate about the pen at the time and on other days we might not have been given it. My point really is, when teams are as close in ability and previous results as these two luck in the big decisions, not necessarily accuracy of decisions, will play a vital part. Sometimes you’ve just got to be lucky.
    Luck can play a major part, no question.

I remember as laddie my skip at bowls got a major fluke. The opposing skip said "you are better being lucky than good son".

My skip replied you are better being both. True story

I believe Hibs are better but sometimes you need that wee bit of luck as well.

2. Log in to remove the advert

St.Johnstone are one of the most well drilled and organised teams in Scotland and they have some good footballers as well like Rooney, McCann and Kerr etc. Of course it's going to be a very tough game it's a major cup final it's never going to be a cake walk or easy. Can Hibs beat them??? Of course we can. We've played them enough this season to know their strengths and weaknesses and I'd hope Jack Ross and the players have learned from previous mistakes in this fixture. We're the better footballing team imo and play the better brand of football but we will need to mix it up with them physically at times in the game and I hope our players can stand up to that challenge which they haven't really done against them in the league. If we get the 1st goal I think we will grow in confidence and they will have to change their game plan which could play into our hands. It's all about belief and confidence and I think the players are playing with both right now. 2-1 Hibs.