hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cheer up cheer up the boys’ll see you through
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    The boy's that beat the rAngers and the Glasgow Celtic.too
    Cheer up, cheer up, the boys'll see you right,.....

I like a good old social distanced sing song.

GGTTH
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    Watched our semi again and we were so impressive in attack. If we are switched on at the back we have an unbelievable chance to win this cup. Our forward 3 are a handful for any team in Scotland.
    I saw our forward 3 described as the three musketeers 😁 I like that as a name, like the famous five and turnbulls Tornadoes, they could be legendary.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    Fingers crossed for a point at least for us at the dungheap on Wed then a decent number of key players can have a few days off and skip the Tic game to go into the final fully refreshed. St Johnstone on the other hand will very likely have a massive game next Sat v Livvie to try and secure 5th for guaranteed European football irrespective of how results go midweek in their two respective games v the OF. Unless Livvie lose by a good few to the Tic and Saints beat the Sticky buns. Can't see it though.
    Good point re St Johnstone and needing 5th for Europe.

Just need to do the business on Wednesday. Avoid defeat and we have 3rd.

J

We haven't been in a cup final for five years now, which seems like a long time for Hibs, so I'm looking forward to this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    The last time Rangers won a league title, Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

The last time Leicester qualified for the Champions League, Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

The last time Chelsea played in the Champions League final, an Edinburgh side won the Scottish Cup.

The last time Hibs played Dundee Utd in a Scottish Cup semi final, Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

The last time Hearts got knocked out of the Scottish Cup by a team in a lower league, Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

The last time Robbie Neilson was Hearts manager, Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

Anything else? 😅
    The last time we played a Scottish cup final, Hibs won the Scottish Cup.

The last time we played a team in blue and white in a final, Hibs won the Scottish Cup

@hibs.net private member Alex Trager's Avatar
    I actually think there will be pressure on them. They have a huge chance to win a cup double, that will be playing on their mind.

Plus the fact they’ve had our number this season.

I’d say there is pressure on both sides. With huge rewards for both

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post
    I actually think there will be pressure on them. They have a huge chance to win a cup double, that will be playing on their mind.

It would be the first time that a team other than Celtic or Rangers has managed to win both domestic cups in the same season since 1990.

Huge pressure.

I wonder what difference 40k Hibs fans would have made. Guess it didn't make much difference in 2004!

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since452 View Post
    I wonder what difference 40k Hibs fans would have made. Guess it didn't make much difference in 2004!
    Or against Ross County in 2016! Better we’re not there by the looks of it 😂

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Trager View Post

It's weird. Who'd have thought Hibs would ever be in a Scottish Cup Final and the media not be talking about Hibs Legends, 100+ years, the Hampden Hoodoo. Instead, the media focus will be on St J winning an historic Cup Double and Calum D being crowned Manager of the Year. Strange as it may seem, Hibs might shock the world again

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    It's weird. Who'd have thought Hibs would ever be in a Scottish Cup Final and the media not be talking about Hibs Legends, 100+ years, the Hampden Hoodoo. Instead, the media focus will be on St J winning an historic Cup Double and Calum D being crowned Manager of the Year. Strange as it may seem, Hibs might shock the world again
    Warburton was manager of the year in 2016

BBC Gossip page

St Johnstone manager Callum Davidson has banned his players from travelling to their final Scottish Premiership matches on buses this week in a bid to prevent any Covid-19 outbreaks before the Scottish Cup final against Hibernian after four members of his squad were ruled out by two positive coronavirus tests for the semi-final win over St Mirren. (The National)

Callum Davidson
    has admitted he had to close St Johnstone's training ground because of positive Covid-19 tests ahead of Sunday's Scottish Cup semi-finals as he faced biggest ever challenge as manager. (The Courier)

Manager Callum Davidson has joked that his partying will go on for the entire close season should his St Johnstone side see off Hibs in the Scottish Cup final on 22 May to add to their League Cup success. (The Scotsman)
    Right, let's stop the party, and the last I saw of St Johnstone, the 'training ground' was the North Inch public park (that they didn't pay rent for)

btw, did Callum Davidson have no neck when he was a player or has someone nicked it in the intervening time?

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    BBC Gossip page

Right, let's stop the party, and the last I saw of St Johnstone, the 'training ground' was the North Inch public park (that they didn't pay rent for)
    I think they train on the astro right next to McDiarmid but aye, that should be going on the dressing room wall

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    btw, did Callum Davidson have no neck when he was a player or has someone nicked it in the intervening time?
    The same thoughts went through my mind yesterday when he was running to get the ball early on. Leslie Deans’ twin.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The same thoughts went through my mind yesterday when he was running to get the ball early on. Leslie Deans’ twin.
    Same! He's no Naomi Campbell for sure.
    (For our younger readers ref. a classic Family Fortunes; "We asked 100 people to name a bird with a long neck." Bzzzz. "Naomi Campbell")

For a club like St Johnstone, this double talk isn't pressure imo. They've already achieved something amazing. This is a free shot at history for them.

Pressure is on us to get the European spot we've worked for all season, and beat side we are on paper better than.

I can't see whoever scores first losing. We'll take control and punish them if we get it. They'll sit in and beat us if they get it.