hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lendo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting reading over on the Brighton forum. Concerns about our “sectarianism” and how 50k of us attacked Rangers players in 2016. Sheer ignorance but at least some have tried to correct them.

https://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?387600-Brighton-amp-Hibs-Albion
    Seem to be wanting to send us Aaron Connolly, anyone know anything out him

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    ��

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.s...ovid-19-breach

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Would fit in better at Sevco

I like the way BHA play we could be a good fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    It's superb!

Attachment 24711
    That pic is looking south

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Brighton Hibee View Post
    Hi all,

I've not posted on here for years so apologies for not being up to speed!

Was just wondering what the general consensus was to our proposed link up?

Personally, I'd love it as Hibs are my second club, and have been since 1992, but understand that it may not be everyone's cup of tea...
    There are a few comments about sectarianism on your site. We aren't like that. Please tell your fellow fans there's nothing to worry about there;we hate both types of bigotry equally!

And as the grandson of a Scottish Catholic and an English Protestant I personally haven't a clue who I'm supposed to hate!!!😀

Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    There are a few comments about sectarianism on your site. We aren't like that. Please tell your fellow fans there's nothing to worry about there;we hate both types of bigotry equally!

And as the grandson of a Scottish Catholic and an English Protestant I personally haven't a clue who I'm supposed to hate!!!😀
    It's always been about loving Hibs as far as I'm concerned.

Seagulls !!!! Brilliant coincidence.

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oscar T Grouch View Post
    Great photo of Easter Road on their article. Don't think I have seen that one before.
    That’s a cracker right enough!

J

@hibs.net private member Bristolhibby's Avatar

Never really think about it with Hibs.

I’m technically 1/2 Catholic on both sides of my family. Both my Granny and Nana on both sides were brought up Catholic and married Protestants. That said none of them went to church and I am a card carrying atheist.

I obviously love the history of our club and the underdog and charitable nature of our founding fathers. That we won’t forget.

J

Left by mutual consent!
    Just read the Brightons fans forum. The ignorance of their fans towards Hibs and Scottish football in general is quite incredible.

A club with a fan base less than ourselves, a team that less than 10 year ago were a baw hair away from dropping out the league's all together yet they way they talk about us you would think they are Barcelona.

Fan base and history wise we are a much big club than Brighton. Yet you would think they are doing us a favour with this so called partnership. It just goes to show the financial gulf there is between both leagues.

I for one hope our best young players, the likes of Porteous Doig and Nisbet end up in the EPL one day but couldny give two fecks if they end up at Brighton after reading that.

If you scroll down, he did tell them

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Just read the Brightons fans forum. The ignorance of their fans towards Hibs and Scottish football in general is quite incredible.

A club with a fan base less than ourselves, a team that less than 10 year ago were a baw hair away from dropping out the league's all together yet they way they talk about us you would think they are Barcelona.

Fan base and history wise we are a much big club than Brighton. Yet you would think they are doing us a favour with this so called partnership. It just goes to show the financial gulf there is between both leagues.

I for one hope our best young players, the likes of Porteous Doig and Nisbet end up in the EPL one day but couldny give two fecks if they end up at Brighton after reading that.
    100% agree. I have just finished reading the 13 pages on their forum. Thankfully Brighton Hibee and a couple of others are in our corner, but FFS who do the others think they are 😂😂😂

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    100% agree. I have just finished reading the 13 pages on their forum. Thankfully Brighton Hibee and a couple of others are in our corner, but FFS who do the others think they are 😂😂😂
    Haha so have I, there is even a Brighton Jambo

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I was told when we built each of the stands, we incorporated the work so we could fill in the corners easily
    Not my area of expertise though
    It would have been easier had the East been built with 2 tiers like the other stands. The East now has a different pitch/rake (angle) from the lower tier of the other stands, meaning that the junctions will be awkward.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeg View Post
    If you scroll down, he did tell them
    I didn't spot that. Thanks.

Good shout on the Leith comparison.

But, mentioning 'London by the Sea' to a local here is a sure fire way to antagonise someone!
    Some of us Leithers would feel the same way! Another similarity!

First Team Breakthrough Brighton Hibee's Avatar

Please don't base your opinion on Brighton from that thread on North Stand Chat. It was 24 years ago that we nearly died. No home and 28 minutes away from dropping out the Football League. Most of our fans know which side our bread is buttered and if they say something stupid or incorrect about Hibs I'll put them in their place.

I have to disagree about the size of our respective clubs. I think we're closer in size than you think. Our average home crowd for the last ten seasons - apart from Covid - has been at least 20,000. For the last four it's 25,000+. Our trophy cabinet is certainly not as full as Hibs, that's for sure! One Charity Shield in 1910 (when it meant we were Champions of England), one FA Cup final defeat in 1983, three third tier championships, two fourth tier titles, and that's it.

We regularly hit 30,000+ in the fourth and third divisions but our crowds were pretty inconsistent. Much like Edinburgh, there's plenty to do down here if the football's sh*te.

Left by mutual consent!
    Please don't base your opinion on Brighton from that thread on North Stand Chat. It was 24 years ago that we nearly died. No home and 28 minutes away from dropping out the Football League. Most of our fans know which side our bread is buttered and if they say something stupid or incorrect about Hibs I'll put them in their place.

I have to disagree about the size of our respective clubs. I think we're closer in size than you think. Our average home crowd for the last ten seasons - apart from Covid - has been at least 20,000. For the last four it's 25,000+. Our trophy cabinet is certainly not as full as Hibs, that's for sure! One Charity Shield in 1910 (when it meant we were Champions of England), one FA Cup final defeat in 1983, three third tier championships, two fourth tier titles, and that's it.

We regularly hit 30,000+ in the fourth and third divisions but our crowds were pretty inconsistent. Much like Edinburgh, there's plenty to do down here if the football's sh*te.
    Having lived in Brighton for 10 years, the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think.

I used to run supporters coaches to Brighton games and never once heard one say something good about Scots or our league.. brighton are a great club, their fans are a bunch of tossers.

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post
    Having lived in Brighton for 10 years, the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think.

I used to run supporters coaches to Brighton games and never once heard one say something good about Scots or our league.. brighton are a great club, their fans are a bunch of tossers.
    The ignorant comment about the pitch invasion was poor. That was how Traynor did his work though - and it obviously worked on outsiders.

A couple of years ago, when Graham Potter took over as manager, he was scoring for fun in the reserves. He netted twice on his debut against Spurs in late 2019 and since then hasn't pulled up any trees.

He's quite short and stocky and is rapid. Can shoot with either foot. He's only 21 and to say he's raw would be a bit of an understatement. Would love to see him wear the green. Could be a good move potentially.

Interesting reading over on the Brighton forum. Concerns about our “sectarianism” and how 50k of us attacked Rangers players in 2016. Sheer ignorance but at least some have tried to correct them.

That lot can't even celebrate a title win without turning it into a fight amongst themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by JXM73 View Post

Out of interest, where did you run coaches from? Worthing?

'the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think' - absolute codswallop mate. Total rubbish. I'm saying this as a lifelong Brightonian and Albion season ticket holder of 30 years.

We have a few dickheads, like every club.
    Last edited by Brighton Hibee; 17-05-2021 at 09:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    The ignorant comment about the pitch invasion was poor. That was how Traynor did his work though - and it obviously worked on outsiders.
    I heard a lot of crap from supporters of many different clubs after the 2016 final. I tried to explain the 114-year wait etc but so many people just focused on the trouble, without knowing anything else about Hibs.

I heard a lot of crap from supporters of many different clubs after the 2016 final. I tried to explain the 114-year wait etc but so many people just focused on the trouble, without knowing anything else about Hibs.
    The thing was it was all lies. Every Rangers player assaulted and spat on by Hibs fans. It was pure fabrication. There were a few bams ran up to the Rangers support, they came on and that was the extent of the trouble. Jim Traynor’s statements were comedy gold, but a few folk clearly fell for them.

To be honest I've seen a lot worse on English club's forums when it comes to Scottish football, there are some reasonable comments so fair play, but some of the stuff about sectarianism is straight out of the book entitled 'things I don't know about Scottish football and specifically Hibernian football club'. Brighton fans are probably in a place just now where Bournemouth fans were when Emerson Hyndman was on loan to us from them, because they had reached the heady heights of the EPL all of a sudden some of them thought they were giants of the game and seemed to forget where they had been not that many years before ... a bit like the guy who referred to B&HA as our 'big brother' in this relationship

Nothing against Brighton mind, they try to play good football clearly have a progressive manager and it has to be said have built themselves a beautiful stadium. But before they start talking about any of their players on loan to Hibs making us title contenders they might want to examine the reasonably long list of fading EPL stars and EPL wannabes who have crashed and burned up here because they thought it was gonna be a cakewalk, it just isn't that easy. If there is one thing any player they send to us on loan will learn it's that to succeed in any league you need a good attitude and determination, if you don't have that you wont be making the Hibs first team, even if you are on 20K a week from your parent club and own a Porch ..... isn't that right Islam Feruz

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: MixerAlizz

Aye and they are saying we have bigoted fans.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This bit jumped out at me;

"...we value the in-possession qualities of our defenders more than some other clubs might. So, whether we’re buying a player, training a youngster in the academy, finding a coach or loaning a player out, we think about getting the most from our defenders when they have the ball."

I think this is Hibs' philosophy too and it's why I believe Ryan Porteous will start on Saturday and not DM.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Left by mutual consent!
    Out of interest, where did you run coaches from? Worthing?

'the ignorance and crap spouted on NSC is exactly what many brighton folk think' - absolute codswallop mate. Total rubbish. I'm saying this as a lifelong Brightonian and Albion season ticket holder of 30 years.

We have a few dickheads, like every club.
    Try being scottish down there, you have no idea.

Aye coaches ran fae Worthing