We lost

It happens

Our players have been quality this season

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

But be careful what you wish for

2. Log in to remove the advert

I just think most people are upset about 3 semi final and 1 final appearance with no medal to show.

We will go again next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenio View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

Spot on.
    Can’t win everything. We usually don’t!!
    We will one day though and it will be all the sweeter.
    57 years supporting the club tells me that’s the way it is.

Here we go 🙄

I’m not bothered about the other semis etc as that’s in the past and I think it’s unfair to put them all together.

But that performance by some of the players and their attitudes was shocking Imo. Never looked interested and I wouldn’t be surprised if Gray and McGregor grab a few of them.

This will forever be remembered as the season we blew 2 good shots at silverware against St Johnstone and also blew an outside shot against Championship hearts that were furloughed until about 2 weeks before we played them , the same hearts that lost to a pub team shortly after beating us

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    We never turned up for a final though. That was disgraceful

We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

No ,not nearly enough ,that was disgraceful and your acceptance of that kind performance ,yet again, is bewildering.

Our players have been quality? Have a word mate. Finishing 3rd only papers over the cracks. Far too many toothless performances over the course of the season. Hearts were there for the taking, league cup and scottish cup both there for the taking. Give me a scottish cup win over finishing 3rd any day of the week.

As long as we have Jack Ross in charge, we will achieve nothing.

We should be going all out to get Callum Davidson.

Coaching Staff
    If we’d lost despite making chances and not taking them I’d agree. Players and staff have to, and deserve all the flak today and beyond. Pre-season friendlies are played with more determination and desire.

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    We never turned up for a final though. That was disgraceful
    The Hibs players and the management team did their best to win the SC. St Johnstone are a tough team to beat and today was their day to get a goal and make it very difficult for Hibs to at least go to extra time and perhaps winning on penalties. This does not make accepting defeat any easier. I am confident that Hibs will have future cup finals and will enjoy success of winning cups. Today St Johnstone are fortunate to enjoy victory and access to European football. Well done St Johnstone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Weir View Post
    As long as we have Jack Ross in charge, we will achieve nothing.

We should be going all out to get Callum Davidson.

@hibs.net private member Sudds_1's Avatar
    The obly thing i canthink of to explain such a half hearted performance is that our so called big players are on their way out and protecting themselves from injury.....remember fenlons lot against them?
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

The trouble with referees is that they know the rules, but they do not know the game

There are ways to lose games and that today was just not one of them. Embarrassing doesn't even cut it.

Today was the biggest prize available to us and the team didn't turn up.

I really don't care what has gone before. Today was pitiful and they should be ashamed.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

Not really the time for wind ups.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    The Hibs players and the management team did their best to win the SC. St Johnstone are a tough team to beat and today was their day to get a goal and make it very difficult for Hibs to at least go to extra time and perhaps winning on penalties. This does not make accepting defeat any easier. I am confident that Hibs will have future cup finals and will enjoy success of winning cups. Today St Johnstone are fortunate to enjoy victory and access to European football. Well done St Johnstone.
    Do you think the players gave their all today?

@hibs.net private member
    We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

Quality? We lost a semi final to a championship club. We got hammered in another one. And today, in a cup final, we produced the most powder puff display possible.

You can accept mediocrity all you want, but if you want to win a trophy, that impostor who wears a ‘lucky cardigan’ isn’t the man for the job.

We’ve been far far from quality.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    Why is that funny? You happy not winning a thing under Jack Ross? Good for you. Enjoy living in football mediocrity.

We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

Oh GTF with this philosophical pish ... we didn't turn up and barely made a chance worth the name in 95 and a bit minutes against a team whose only contribution to the moniker 'beautiful game' is that they are well organised .... it was a great chance to win a cup and the most exciting moment for us was our keeper saving a penalty that allowed us to huff and puff for another 15 minutes and still get absolutely nowhere ..... it was a ***** and utterly unacceptable performance and anybody trying to justify or accept it does this club no service whatsoever and probably explains why this club probably has the worst cup final losing record vis a vis appearances to wins of any club in ****ing Europe !!!

@hibs.net private member Alfred E Newman's Avatar
    We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

I think we are entitled to wish for a better performance than that pish today.

We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

I dont know what age/ condition you are so I will not make this personal.
    The football this season has been absolute Tom kite, the odd 20 min good spell which has been enough to garner the points most weeks doesnt make up for this. Entertainment value has been Pi5h. We werent unlucky to lose today, we lost because St. Johnstone are better managed and organised than us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    Why is that funny? You happy not winning a thing under Jack Ross? Good for you. Enjoy living in football mediocrity.
    It’s funny to me because Calum Davidson has had a bit of success with a club he clearly loves and identifies with. To think that he would come to Hibs and get us winning trophies is funny to me. I’d rather enjoy JR’s mediocrity than CD’s mediocrity, which it would be, in my opinion. I’m confident that, with JR, we will continue to make progress next season, but St Johnstone will probably shrink back into the shadows. Opinions, ( especially when made under clouds of disappointment ) eh?

@hibs.net private member
    We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

Really? The ability of a large proportion of our support to accept mediocrity is beyond me.
    We had a huge chance to win a major trophy today and yet again we never turned up. That was embarrassing from start to finish yet some are happily sitting back crooning over Jack Ross.
    We have finished third in the poorest league in a long time playing eye bleeding football, losing to Hearts in a semi, St Johnstone in a semi and a Scottish cup final. If that is considered success then you can ram it.
    We should have our expectations set far higher than that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Oh GTF with this philosophical pish ... we didn't turn up and barely made a chance worth the name in 95 and a bit minutes against a team whose only contribution to the moniker 'beautiful game' is that they are well organised .... it was a great chance to win a cup and the most exciting moment for us was our keeper saving a penalty that allowed us to huff and puff for another 15 minutes and still get absolutely nowhere ..... it was a ***** and utterly unacceptable performance and anybody trying to justify or accept it does this club no service whatsoever and probably explains why this club probably has the worst cup final losing record vis a vis appearances to wins of any club in ****ing Europe !!!
    Serial under-chievers continuing to under-achieve.

We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

Yes it happens , too often unfortunately quality : debatable , manager : debatable . What you wish for : a winning team .

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    You don’t win a cup double without being a team with genuinely excellent qualities. St Johnstone are so well drilled, the core of their team have played together for so long and they’re far greater than the sum of their parts.

Yes, we were very poor today but all the talk beforehand of “just needing to turn up” was massively disrespectful.

We’re all gutted but if we go back to sacking a manager a season or so then we deserve managers like Calderwood and Butcher. We need to give someone time to build a legacy. St Johnstone have had two managers since 2013, we have had six.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Correct.

St. Johnstone probably knew the cup was theirs when the team sheets were handed in. They are ordinary but well organised. Hibs were shocking,absolutely shocking. A really poor performance from a side with 11 away wins to play like that is inexcusable.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    We lost

It happens

So has our manager

So has our club

It hurts to lose

exactly. if the people that are threatening to not show up until XY and Z leave the club are the same people that get on the players' backs ridiculously quickly, i really hope they are true to their word. Ross will be here for a while, and he'll be a great manager for us. I look forward to him leading us into Europe next season, and I reckon we'll have a good chance of making the group stages of the UEFA conference.