hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jamie Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You seem to be suggesting going with a three up top with Murphy and Boyle wide - but what seems to have worked best for us this season is a 352 with Nisbet and Doidge worrying defences and with Boyle and Doig on the flanks. Don't get me wrong though - anything that sees us winning the final is fine by me.
    Re Murphy he's a player with scintillating attacking skills but who doesn't offer much out of possession. We need to win the ball in midfield in order to play with it and I think we'd struggle to maintain that balance with Murphy on from the start so I think he's best used off the bench currently - particularly as he's returning from injuries. Use him sparingly but with maximum impact.
    I wasn't suggesting anything of the sort, actually. My point was only that we shouldn't just pick the team that's won a few games previously, it's about picking the best one to get at the opponent in front of us on that day.

That side is in ok but not great form at present.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He missed that sitter in the semi against St J. That was a sore one.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Looked sharp tonight and could be the ace in the pack that will make the difference in the Cup Final

If he avoids injury

Murphy was superb again today when he came on.

He's not particularly fast but he just sort of glides past players. He dragged us up the park and gave us a real edge on the break.

Iirc we had a really good run with a midfield 3 of Irvine, Gogic and Newell aroind the start of the year. It's maybe a bit soon to be thinking about pitching Murphy straight back in from the start but it's another nice problem for JR to have.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

I love watching him glide by players with ease. Rolls royce of a player. Anybody can miss a penalty

Murphy reminds me a lot of John Robertson on the left in the Forest glory days. No real pace but full of trickery and a great ability to glide by players.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Really good off the bench again tonight. No doubting his quality, which he has in spades. Keep him fit and there’s a lot to look forward to next season.

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    He’s been insanely good in his recent appearances off the bench. Very intelligent winger. So deceptive.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Wasn’t sure about Murphy at Hibs but the last few games he seems to look really refreshed and sharp

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Murphy reminds me a lot of John Robertson on the left in the Forest glory days. No real pace but full of trickery and a great ability to glide by players.
    I wonder how he will do v Rooney late in the second half in the final?

Could turn him inside out.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Murphy was superb again today when he came on.

He's not particularly fast but he just sort of glides past players. He dragged us up the park and gave us a real edge on the break.

Iirc we had a really good run with a midfield 3 of Irvine, Gogic and Newell aroind the start of the year. It's maybe a bit soon to be thinking about pitching Murphy straight back in from the start but it's another nice problem for JR to have.
    I think it’s because he can go past players either side.

I watched tonight’s game with the Aberdeen commentary and they were shouting at their defender that he’ll go inside, turns out they were right but I’ve also seen him go by defenders the other side too lots. If the defender doesn’t know what way he’s going it must be difficult to set themselves to accelerate quickly.

Currently the player I most love watching in possession, so classy. Hope he can stay fit for a good spell now.

Looked lively when he came on with a good few tricks, hopefully we'll start to see the best of him now.

We're very fortunate to have someone of Jamie Murphy's quality to bring off the bench. Could win us the Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Fanny,support Edinburghs finest in the Scottish Cup final
    Fanny ? I’m HIBS through and through bud

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    He’s been insanely good in his recent appearances off the bench. Very intelligent winger. So deceptive.

He’s a good player. We just have to keep him fit.