hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jamie Murphy

Quote Originally Posted by poolman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Dearie me, I could name loads of fantastic players that were one footed
    Boyle doesn't like to use his left foot yet he's regarded as one of the best if not the best player outside Glasgow.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 04Sauzee View Post
    Boyle doesn't like to use his left foot yet he's regarded as one of the best if not the best player outside Glasgow.
    Was just going to say that. If only he would sometimes cross with his left foot. He makes so many chances to do so.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    It didn't do Steven Fletcher much harm, though he seemed to discover he had a right foot later in his career.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Murphy just hasn’t done it for me at Hibs, maybe it’s fitness, maybe he’s done, I don’t know.

Stokes wasn’t really cutting it in his last spell with Hibs either but then gave the performance of his life in the cup final. Hmm, who knows?

The man is quality. You can instantly see it. The impact he had in 15 mins after an 8 game layoff was amazing. Hope he gets starts in the next three matches, he just glides past defenders. Welcome back Jamie.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Yesterday was the most impressed I've been with Jamie. He's more direct than any of our other midfielders and defenders hate when players run at them.

He'll be a real asset if he stays fit and retains that form.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Good player but extremely one footed for a professional.
    What? He scored an absolute beauty vs Dundee with his left. He is probably one of the more two footed players in our side.

Left by mutual consent!
    Lewy is a very one footed player.

Jamie Murphy is not.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    What? He scored an absolute beauty vs Dundee with his left. He is probably one of the more two footed players in our side.
    That's what I was thinking. Was his goal against Celtic on his left too?

@hibs.net private member
    I don't think he's a starter at the moment but that's more to do with not upsetting the balance of the side than anything. He has great attacking qualities - seems to drift around players effortlessly with a dip of the shoulder - and am delighted that he's available again for the run in and the cup final. Could turn out to be a crucial player for us off the bench.

Been good the majority of the time he’s played this season. Just a shame that he hasn’t been consistently fit. Will be an important player for us next season if he can get over the wee injuries.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    That's what I was thinking. Was his goal against Celtic on his left too?
    Think it was yes great finish.

He is a classy player. Getting him back in and around the team when we can wrap up 3rd and have a cup final is brilliant for everyone concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by cam75 View Post
    Hearing Boyle will be away,don’t shoot me down but a close friend of there family says he is after a decent cash contract that Hibs won’t or couldn’t afford so a decent fee to come in for him,gutted if true but can’t blame him 3x wages out with Hibs🥲
    Australia squad all get a huge 6 figure bonus for qualifying for the WC. He signed for hibs with the understanding that he might be away for considerable periods with the NT.

Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    I don't think he's a starter at the moment but that's more to do with not upsetting the balance of the side than anything. He has great attacking qualities - seems to drift around players effortlessly with a dip of the shoulder - and am delighted that he's available again for the run in and the cup final. Could turn out to be a crucial player for us off the bench.
    Upsetting the balance of a side in mediocre to ok form, generally?

What if going with 2 wide players instead of 2 up top masterminds us winning the final?

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    that is a bit of a departure from from what you posted, but whatever.

Injury is a bitch, but Murphy is a quality footballer, end of.
    1 goal in 17 league appearances. That’s what I meant when I said he hasn’t been decisive enough for me. He simply needs to be more productive than that.

He’s missed quite a few big chances too, notably against St Johnstone in the cup, before they scored.

So yes, I think we need more from him.

His cameo was good the other day, however. I want to to be seeing more of that.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidad View Post
    1 goal in 17 league appearances. That’s what I meant when I said he hasn’t been decisive enough for me. He simply needs to be more productive than that.

He’s missed quite a few big chances too, notably against St Johnstone in the cup, before they scored.

So yes, I think we need more from him.

His cameo was good the other day, however. I want to to be seeing more of that.
    1 goal in 4 in the League Cup. Many of his games have not been full 90. Stats don't tell the whole story.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post

What if going with 2 wide players instead of 2 up top masterminds us winning the final?
    We've tried 1 striker in the last 3 games vs saints. We've lost all 3. Easy decision.

We've tried 1 striker in the last 3 games vs saints. We've lost all 3. Easy decision.
    That was a cracking fact you pulled out about the strikers never starting together against them though I admit I did have to check you were right.

Not playing Doidge at Hampden was huge, for his presence at both ends. He adds massive physicality when defending set pieces.

Thought Boyle and Nissy up front in semi and game up there was Boyle and Doidge and no Nisbet last week. Certainly haven't had Doidge and Nisbet in any of the games and Nisbet missed first game also. Huge difference with our front two hopefully starting in the final for the first time this season.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Not playing Doidge at Hampden was huge, for his presence at both ends. He adds massive physicality when defending set pieces.
    Was certainly huge in the league cup semi.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Agreed 100%

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    That was a cracking fact you pulled out about the strikers never starting together against them though I admit I did have to check you were right.
    Cheers.

I actually think it really helps them. Part of the reason 3 at the back has become to popular, or did at least, is because it leaves 1 striker (which many teams play now) needing to do a power of work to stop the ball coming out of defence easily. 2 against them makes it much harder and the centre backs cant move into midfield so easily.

Doidge and Nisbet having good games, along with us consistently getting them the ball, will see us win.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thought Boyle and Nissy up front in semi and game up there was Boyle and Doidge and no Nisbet last week. Certainly haven't had Doidge and Nisbet in any of the games and Nisbet missed first game also. Huge difference with our front two hopefully starting in the final for the first time this season.
    Boyle isn't a striker. He doesn't do enough, doesn't hold it up well, cant win headers etc. He was easily handled by them when moving central.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    If he stayed fit, brilliant player

Hope he stays with that way
    A brilliant player?
    Injury prone and not convinced things will change on that front.
    Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Done well today but yes has missed too many games due to injury.. Has obvious quality as his wee cameo today showed.
    Has genuine quality. If the game comes down to the last 10 mins, he's exactly the kind of player you want. Game changer.

Quote Originally Posted by allmodcons View Post
    Good player but extremely one footed for a professional.
    He runs rings round the opposition.

Congrats on doing your homework but I was only speaking hypothetically. My point is the strongest side to play a particular game shouldn't just be the one that played well in the last game.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Oagwibble View Post

You seem to be suggesting going with a three up top with Murphy and Boyle wide - but what seems to have worked best for us this season is a 352 with Nisbet and Doidge worrying defences and with Boyle and Doig on the flanks. Don't get me wrong though - anything that sees us winning the final is fine by me.
    Re Murphy he's a player with scintillating attacking skills but who doesn't offer much out of possession. We need to win the ball in midfield in order to play with it and I think we'd struggle to maintain that balance with Murphy on from the start so I think he's best used off the bench currently - particularly as he's returning from injuries. Use him sparingly but with maximum impact.