hibs.net Messageboard

Page 59 of 63 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,770 of 1887
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    What a shambles this has become

2. Log in to remove the advert

A fumble of immeasurable proportions.

The only sensible option is to keep all areas in level 3 except Falkirk and hold the final at the Falkirk Stadium meaning only Falkirk based Hibs and St Johnstone fans will be able to attend.

Get it done Hibs.

This just serves to highlight how much we need a roadmap in how we're going to get fans back at football next season and how little confidence I have in those in charge to achieve that... or that they even have any interest in it whatsoever.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    If only decision making was as easy as criticism, the country would run itself.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    At this stage of the lockdown and at the very end of the football season, perhaps it's just best to wait until next season before allowing any fans to return. We've come this far; I don't blame the government taking a cautious approach. These are difficult decisions, which will always meet some opposition either way. We are where we are I suppose.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    It was around about 5pm yesterday that the announcement that 600 would be allowed in was made aye? Did no one in the government which gave permission forsee this, despite all the talk about cases in Glasgow over the last 48 hours or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    At this stage of the lockdown and at the very end of the football season, perhaps it's just best to wait until next season before allowing any fans to return. We've come this far; I don't blame the government taking a cautious approach. These are difficult decisions, which will always meet some opposition either way. We are where we are I suppose.
    That's how I see it.

Welcome to flying by the seat of the pants governance.

Quote Originally Posted by G15 Hibs View Post
    It was around about 5pm yesterday that the announcement that 600 would be allowed in was made aye? Did no one in the government which gave permission forsee this, despite all the talk about cases in Glasgow over the last 48 hours or so?
    Everything everywhere is subject to changing circumstances.

Yep Glasgow's been well over the threshold for level 2 for a while now. Nothing's changed in the last 24 hours.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    Which is fair enough if they had maintained that stance all along but to yesterday announce there would be fans there and 24 hours later do a turn is a joke. It’s not as if the increase in cases in Glasgow wasn’t known when they made the decision to allow fans. And I fail to see how going to a football match is any more of a risk than going to a supermarket.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems sensible

That's the problem I have with this farce.

It's completely unfathomable that they could accede to a request for tickets yesterday, whilst also being in possession of data that showed this would be impossible to proceed with.

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

It's completely unfathomable that they could accede to a request for tickets yesterday, whilst also being in possession of data that showed this would be impossible to proceed with.
    And these people are running the country, absolutely frightening.

Everybody knew that Glasgow should remain in level 3.
    Why not move the game to a level 2 location

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    This just serves to highlight how much we need a roadmap in how we're going to get fans back at football next season and how little confidence I have in those in charge to achieve that... or that they even have any interest in it whatsoever.
    Yup. I fully expect we’ll have no more than 25% capacity start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    Yup - I’m sure some fans are holding off buying ST also as they are unsure what’s next.

Rangers fans will be out celebrating tomorrow and massive IF Hibs do win..I would expect Easter Road and Leith Links to be very busy with fans celebrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    The bottom of the article clearly explains why the 600 figure was arrived at.
    Unless I'm going mad, I don't see Amy explanation for the 600 figure? It states at 2m distancing a figure of 4/5k should have been arrived at.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Killiehibbie View Post
    Everybody knew that Glasgow should remain in level 3.
    Why not move the game to a level 2 location
    Everyone knew but half the folk on here were advocating for thousands of people to go.

I'm really trying my best to be positive and optimistic about crowds in stadiums come the start of the new season but realistically what percentage will be left in come July 31st??? It's two and a half months away and significant numbers more should be vaccinated by then. Would 25% be too optimistic???

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post

Agreed. I get that this entire 14 month period has been one big 'moving picture', but we're far more attuned to the day-to-day changes than we were last year. An oversight like this really isn't justifiable.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Can we still do a ballot to see who can get a ticket to not go?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

As some have said this has turned into shambolic proportions. Hopefully someone will get a grip soon and let us know what will occur.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    It is what it is folks and it’s understandable to me. I see no point in getting upset about something I have no control over. Maybe do yourself a favour and let it go?

It will be interesting to see how any gatherings of blue knuckle drag gets will be dealt with tomorrow after their title presentation.

@hibs.net private member G15 Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Everything everywhere is subject to changing circumstances.
    Nothing in Glasgow's changed over the last 24 hours though. It was over the threshold then and still is now. Unless they were expecting a sudden and dramatic drop (which they weren't, I'm being facetious) then why give permission in the first place?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Can we still do a ballot to see who can get a ticket to not go?
    Look what you could have won!!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffers View Post
    Which is fair enough if they had maintained that stance all along but to yesterday announce there would be fans there and 24 hours later do a turn is a joke. It’s not as if the increase in cases in Glasgow wasn’t known when they made the decision to allow fans. And I fail to see how going to a football match is any more of a risk than going to a supermarket.
    Yes, it's far from ideal, a baws up, but what can we do? I understand it's better to be cautious at this stage, then we can look forward to having some fans at games next season.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    My concern is that this shambles is setting the tone for the months ahead.

There should be full stadiums at the start for the season but there clearly won’t be.

They will be on about some new variant then and we’ll be discussing what pitiful amounts we are allowed in stadiums.

The over cautious approach showing a real lack of willingness to get people back into stadiums in decent numbers is a real concern for me.

This attitude from the Scottish Government isn’t changing any time soon.
    This has been my fear for a while now.

I don't believe we'll be playing before substantial crowds this year, and these paltry figures attending games will continue for the foreseeable.

I genuinely fear any return to 'normality' remains a long, long way off, if it ever returns at all.