hibs.net Messageboard

Page 55 of 63 FirstFirst ... 5455354555657 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 1887
    We all want to be at this game, but the fact is we can't. If we had been given 10,000 tickets then I could see what all the fuss was about regarding who can or can't get a ticket, but we haven't, we have been given 300 tickets.

A cup final, for me at least, is all about making a day of it with friends and family, the meeting in the house or the boozer before getting on the bus, arriving in Glasgow and chasing around trying to get into the boozer, the pre match patter and sing song in the pub, the walk to Hampden from the pub, the smell from all the food trucks as you approach the stadium, the distant sound from inside the stadium getting louder as you climb the stairs and then entering the ground and seeing the crowd, the roar as the teams exit the tunnel.

I would far rather try to recreate that in a local pub with fellow Hibs fans or more likely with a few of us at my mates house than travel to Hampden either on my own or with a load of folk I don't know and sit in a soulless empty bowl feeling cheated that there is no atmosphere and even perhaps feeling a little guilty that I am there and none of my mates are.

It will be no small thing for me not to be there, I have missed two Hibs games at Hampden since my first ( the 1979 SC semi final ) the 1991 league cup semi, I was in London and the Dunfermline SC replay where I just couldn't afford a return trip. But even so I won't be entering the draw for this, in my opinion, and it's just my opinion, Hibs would be far better giving all of the tickets to the players and Hibs staff and whatever is left to front line NHS Hibbies or disadvantaged kids who would in normal circumstances have had no chance of attending such a game.

Like I said, my personal opinion, but whatever the case for these reasons I won't be in this ballot, good luck to those who are

Oh and PS. Watching it on the telly I will be no less hyped up, no less nervous and no less ecstatic if we win or gutted if we lose
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 14-05-2021 at 12:24 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I suspect part of Hibs' reasoning in this decision was that it would be less collateral damage to make the small group of AST holders very angry, than make the very large group of ST holders angry.
    I’d imagine so - I said this a couple of days ago. It was the obvious way for the club to do it.

The “least unfair” way and all that.

21,000 fans at the FA Cup final tomorrow - don’t even need to be vaccinated to attend - just a negative test.

67,000 fans at the boxing last week.

Without opening can of worms - the previous
    loyalty scheme wasn’t the best. There were some games fans didn’t get loyalty points for. I’m all for a fair scheme but it has to be consistent and well thought out.
    Last edited by GreenCastle; 14-05-2021 at 12:36 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    As we have "Thank you NHS" on our tops, we could go with the logo and prioritise NHS staff who are ST holders? These guys would, I imagine, miss games due to shifts, so this would be a concrete way of rewarding them. Having said that, I get annoyed when other key workers are not given thanks, and NHS staff will include backroom staff, who aren't key, so probably should be excluded from my suggestion.

All of which leads to 2 things:
    1. I seem to be having an argument with myself, and;
    2. You couldn't pay me enough money to be the person having to make the decision!

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AltheHibby View Post
    1. I seem to be having an argument with myself,
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member
    I’ve decided that I’m not going to apply. Going to game especially a cup final on your own is not the same as going with your mates and or family

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    Neither the clubs nor the SFA will want to do anything to encourage fans without tickets to go near Hampden.

I suppose each club could do something like that locally, but I don't think it's likely.
    I believe there is going to be a fan zone in Trafalgar Sq for the Euros. The governments from all the countries seem to choose a date things to change based on science. What seems to be strange is that there is not a consistent approach and it seems to depend on where you live. The science isn't that different if you live in London or Edinburgh or Glasgow.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    As we have "Thank you NHS" on our tops, we could go with the logo and prioritise NHS staff who are ST holders? These guys would, I imagine, miss games due to shifts, so this would be a concrete way of rewarding them. Having said that, I get annoyed when other key workers are not given thanks, and NHS staff will include backroom staff, who aren't key, so probably should be excluded from my suggestion.

1. I seem to be having an argument with myself, and;
    2. You couldn't pay me enough money to be the person having to make the decision!
    Do you think Hibs could function as they do without their backroom staff??

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Provided the ‘proportion’ thing is not excessive, I think the club have got the allocation correct. I’ll be putting myself and the wee man in the draw and hoping for the best.
    And I don’t care if someone who bought a cheaper ticket than me or goes to less games than me gets a ticket. So long as they are season ticket holders then it’s all good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is where I'm at. The club are going about this the right way. It looks like around 1 in 40 ST holders would be in with a chance of a ticket assuming all apply. That should be the same ratio with hospitality packages. It will be interesting to see how many put their name in the hat. Pretty sure I will but then my kids aren't as enthusiastic as they were the last few seasons and I often go to away games on my own anyway

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Hope Andy B. gets one, been to a few games this season. That’s loyalty for you.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    As someone who is on the AST ticket scheme I’m not terribly upset that the club aren’t using it given the tiny number of tickets. Had we been given a couple of thousand and it wasn’t used I might have felt differently.

Loyalty debates have been done to death but it does frustrate me that we don’t have a functioning, attendance based system in place that I see so many other places. It’s like Scotland fans going down to Wembley next month. Those who have followed them all over the place get the tickets for the game they want to go to most. I’m planning to go to London but I’m no upset by the fact that folk who follow them a lot more than me will actually get to the game.

I hope the club have something in place next year for the high demand games.
    The travel club for Scotland games is far from perfect and a bit of a closed shop. I went a lot for about 10 years and must have only got a handful of official points for it as was always in the home end. The last World Cup campaign, I went to every game bar one but wasn’t able to get a point for any any them, so the cycle continued. I know lots of folk who buy/have bought tickets to games they’re not going to just to maintain their loyalty points.

No longer an issue for me as I’ve served my time and got a young family now so no longer interested in going away with Scotland, but no system is perfect and open to abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHibee View Post
    I saying this more in hope than anticipation but does anyone think there might be some sort of outdoor fan zone set up for the final?
    Nope, but when we win it we are all having a party at Leith Links

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Do you think Hibs could function as they do without their backroom staff??
    To answer your question. No. However, can you explain what heroic work NHS accountants and HR staff have been doing to match the effort of the medical staff?* I'm sure the accountants at ER are great guys, but they will never score a winner on the pitch. (And before anyone corrects me, I know Alan Gordon was an accountant)

* I'm an accountant and I know NHS accountants so I know the answer to that.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Hope Andy B. gets one, been to a few games this season. That’s loyalty for you.
    I hope he takes his faithful ladder with him, imagine if you were a ladder and were at a lot of games and didn't get to the final Silv.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    To answer your question. No. However, can you explain what heroic work NHS accountants and HR staff have been doing to match the effort of the medical staff?* I'm sure the accountants at ER are great guys, but they will never score a winner on the pitch. (And before anyone corrects me, I know Alan Gordon was an accountant)

* I'm an accountant and I know NHS accountants so I know the answer to that.
    Not sure about accountants or HR, other than making sure these people get paid. but there are plenty others behind the scenes who arrange the rotas, that make sure there are staff on the front line. people who run/organise the training to make sure there are trained doctors to work. hospital receptionists, go to work everyday bu they are not medical.

Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I hope he takes his faithful ladder with him, imagine if you were a ladder and were at a lot of games and didn't get to the final Silv.
    The ladder will be gutted when it finds out its being dumped for a crane

Quote Originally Posted by Bertie's XI View Post
    If there is a separate ballot for a proportion of hospitality why is there not also a separate ballot for a proportion of tickets to go to away season ticket holders?
    ASTs dont put additional funds, like the corporates do,into Hibetnian Fc you fund our rivals... blue touch paper now lit, retires to bunker😉

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsforeurope View Post
    Not sure about accountants or HR, other than making sure these people get paid. but there are plenty others behind the scenes who arrange the rotas, that make sure there are staff on the front line. people who run/organise the training to make sure there are trained doctors to work. hospital receptionists, go to work everyday bu they are not medical.
    And that is exactly my point - all NHS staff are equal, but some are more equal than others.

And since we seem to agree, I'll stop arguing with you and go back to arguing with myself!🤪

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    I'm just waiting for the announcement at 2pm that Glasgow will remain in level 3, when no crowds will be allowed 😉
    Spot on...or only those with a Gladgow address allowed as you cannot travel into a L3 area from a L2 one

How Hibs have dealt with it seems fair enough. Best of luck to whoever is in for a ticket.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    We all want to be at this game, but the fact is we can't. If we had been given 10,000 tickets then I could see what all the fuss was about regarding who can or can't get a ticket, but we haven't, we have been given 300 tickets.

A cup final, for me at least, is all about making a day of it with friends and family, the meeting in the house or the boozer before getting on the bus, arriving in Glasgow and chasing around trying to get into the boozer, the pre match patter and sing song in the pub, the walk to Hampden from the pub, the smell from all the food trucks as you approach the stadium, the distant sound from inside the stadium getting louder as you climb the stairs and then entering the ground and seeing the crowd, the roar as the teams exit the tunnel.

I would far rather try to recreate that in a local pub with fellow Hibs fans or more likely with a few of us at my mates house than travel to Hampden either on my own or with a load of folk I don't know and sit in a soulless empty bowl feeling cheated that there is no atmosphere and even perhaps feeling a little guilty that I am there and none of my mates are.

It will be no small thing for me not to be there, I have missed two Hibs games at Hampden since my first ( the 1979 SC semi final ) the 1991 league cup semi, I was in London and the Dunfermline SC replay where I just couldn't afford a return trip. But even so I won't be entering the draw for this, in my opinion, and it's just my opinion, Hibs would be far better giving all of the tickets to the players and Hibs staff and whatever is left to front line NHS Hibbies or disadvantaged kids who would in normal circumstances have had no chance of attending such a game.

Like I said, my personal opinion, but whatever the case for these reasons I won't be in this ballot, good luck to those who are

Oh and PS. Watching it on the telly I will be no less hyped up, no less nervous and no less ecstatic if we win or gutted if we lose

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Spot on...or only those with a Gladgow address allowed as you cannot travel into a L3 area from a L2 one
    Fans from Moray would still be able to go so long as they had enough petrol to not stop along the A9.

Elginhibee could be on to a winner here...

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    Fans from Moray would still be able to go so long as they had enough petrol to not stop along the A9.

Elginhibee could be on to a winner here...
    Screws being spread on the pitlochry bypass next weekend 😉
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    All about winning. Nothing else, including tickets, actually matters. No one even knew attending the final was possibility until days ago, so really not worth stressing over imo.

Up until about a week or so ago it was just assumed the final would have no fans, we accepted this as we have done all season so no need for any bickering over it now.

I've just had a personal e-mail from Ron telling me I've been selected for a ticket since I'm the best fan

@hibs.net private member
    If we win this I’ll want to be with my mates that I’ve been going to the games with for 20 odd years, zero chance of that happening if I’m successful in the ballot, I’ll sit this one out and head to the pub.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    If we win this I’ll want to be with my mates that I’ve been going to the games with for 20 odd years, zero chance of that happening if I’m successful in the ballot, I’ll sit this one out and head to the pub.

Agreed

That said, most years I get my Season knowing that due to work I'll only make half the games.... I'm thinking as I'm willing to support our team better than you lot as I know a chunk of the money is a gift to the club I should really be at the top of the queue

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    At this rate there will be more than enough tickets to go round those that want them
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Putting aside the ridiculous decision on numbers and accepting thats what we have, I am astonished by those ASTs who believe they should have priority over STs. To me its pretty clear cut that all STs should have equal priority.

I will ponder over the weekend but might decide not to put my name in the ballot anyway. I would love to be there, but going along on my own wouldnt be the same as a normal cup final and I think I can make a better day of kit at home with a select few companions within the rules that apply on the day