hibs.net Messageboard

Page 47 of 63 FirstFirst ... 37454647484957 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 1887
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NHS workers should have ticket priority over other key workers over this pandemic. Give the NHS supporting Hibees a big thank you from us all.
    I've got friends who work for the NHS who were office workers and have been working from home, I have others who only had to add PPE into their routine, I'm technically employed by the nhs but havent done a shift in 2 years due to ill health. The vast majority of nhs workers werent frontline with breathing apparatus. I'm all for thanking everybody who did their bit no matter how big or small but giving them all of the tickets for a cup final isnt the right way.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    1000 fans are being let into the Irish Cup final next weekend.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    1000 fans are being let into the Irish Cup final next weekend.
    Around 30% of that stadium's capacity.

Meanwhile we get roughly 5-6% of the available space at Hampden.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    Hibs supporters who work in the NHS would seem the obvious choice this season. Bound to be at least 300 surely.
    My wife works in the NHS. Easiest year and a half she’s ever had.

Nah, with such a small number the fan thing is a write off. Players and staff is the obvious one.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Should have tried to put a bit pressure on when politicians were looking for votes.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Around 30% of that stadium's capacity.

Meanwhile we get roughly 5-6% of the available space at Hampden.
    I'm interested to know what is the available space

I've read sections were released but I've not read anywhere we were given the whole stand - they should justify the decision

Would asking for 2k at 1.5m distance indicate we had the whole stand?

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    SFA trying to pin it on the government lol. Maybe start thinking about it earlier than 2 weeks before the game and maybe consider the Scottish cup final when planning for the euros and there would be more availability.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    SFA trying to pin it on the government lol. Maybe start thinking about it earlier than 2 weeks before the game and maybe consider the Scottish cup final when planning for the euros and there would be more availability.
    I agree with most of this - should definitely have been looking at options before this week.

The only thing is the final was supposed to have been last weekend but has been delayed by 2 weeks due for the lower league shutdown. If it had been okayed on 8/5 as planned then it would’ve been under SFA control. The problem would’ve then been that the rules wouldn’t have allowed any fans in.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I agree with most of this - should definitely have been looking at options before this week.

The only thing is the final was supposed to have been last weekend but has been delayed by 2 weeks due for the lower league shutdown. If it had been okayed on 8/5 as planned then it would’ve been under SFA control. The problem would’ve then been that the rules wouldn’t have allowed any fans in.
    Yeah, I’m not sure when the date was finalised but it wasn’t last weekend.

It seems to me like the govt have said: “Fans are allowed but with 2m social distancing”. The fact that leads to only 600 fans is because the SFA don’t have the ability to use the entire stadium, due to their own piss poor planning and lack of foresight when surrendering control of the stadium to UEFA.

Quote Originally Posted by TrinityHibs View Post
    I am sorry you cannot justify 300 tickets for Hibs in an area that can take 12,000.

If Glasgow is a death zone go to Murrayfield with a capacity of 60,000. Using your/SFA logic that would have given Hibs 1500 tickets or if a reasonable 10% applied 3,000.

Was there a huge Indian variant spike after they had a full house indoors at the Crucible?

Your defence, of what is an off the scale level of incompetence and disregard for football supporters, gives the SFA and Scottish Government a level of credibility that they do not deserve.

I re-state my view that if Rangers or Celtic were playing there would have been more than 600 there and in more than one stand.
    Glasgow isn't a 'death zone' so I have no idea why you think that but it is a city that might not be moving to level 2 next week due to the rise in covid cases. Its being described as "very fragile".

Unfortunately Murrayfield isn't an option as the rugby authorities were already approached a few weeks along with Celtic and Rangers but there is still some rugby competition taking place as well as pitch relaying and stadium maintenance at the football clubs so no other major stadium is available.

It's very unlikely there will be a huge 'Indian Spike' in Sheffield as the English authorities seemed to structure the snooker event in Sheffield exceptionally well.

There were very extensive and stringent guidelines in place throughout the tournament and then on the final day everyone had to Covid 19 test on arrival and then again 5 days afterwards while no-one under 18 was allowed nor were any vulnerable adults with any underlying health conditions allowed to attend.

The chances therefore of any Covid cases escaping this net are therefore very unlikely and is a real credit to Public Health England and the snooker authorities. Obviously nothing like this level of stringency will be in place for football events hence the comparison is rather meaningless.

The snooker final in England was also held on the 3rd of May when the Indian variant was still regarded as in its infancy and wasn't regarded as the threat as it is now. The English figures are much more mature than the Scottish figures given the variant reached England first and only today Public Health England recorded 1,300 cases which is double that of just 6 days ago hence you can see the exponential growth that may be involved.

England announced today through Boris Johnson that they are now 'very anxious' about this variant and his government 'are ruling nothing out' to tackle out this including re-inposing local lockdowns. What has spooked England are reports from India that the AstraZenca vaccine might not work against this variant and they are awaiting further data and of course England and Scotland have put so many of their eggs in the AstraZenca vaccine boat.

It will be all these factors that the Scottish government will be taking into account as well as there own figures which were published this week which showed Glasgow is now at 58 cases per 100,000 compared to Scotland at 25 cases per 100,000 . Even more worrying is that the South side of Glasgow where Hampden is situated is showing 74 cases per 100,000 which is 3 times higher than the national average and the firm suspicion is that its the Indian variant that is causing this spike.

600 fans is obviously not to your liking but there is strong science behind all decisions made in England and Scotland with of course political and economic judgements influencing every call but principally these decisions are recommended by highly professional scientists and ran through the computer model by the Covid epidemiologists and any politician in England or Scotland aren't going to ask for a rerun based on the name of a football team taking part. After all there is a huge public enquiry on the way.
    Last edited by The Baldmans Comb; 14-05-2021 at 04:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post
    I'm interested to know what is the available space

I've read sections were released but I've not read anywhere we were given the whole stand - they should justify the decision

Would asking for 2k at 1.5m distance indicate we had the whole stand?

Around 10-12,000 was the number I heard quoted, which would then explain why the SFA would have been asking for up to 3,000 tickets - including the space in between the two sets of fans for segregation it would have been roughly half the available space.

No matter what way this is dressed up it's an absolute nonsense of a decision and a slap in the face to football fans.

No-one was expecting 50,000 people to turn up for the final, hardly anyone would even have expected the 12,000 that's allowed in for the Euros 3 weeks later to turn up for the final but 600 is just absolutely pathetic.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Around 10-12,000 was the number I heard quoted, which would then explain why the SFA would have been asking for up to 3,000 tickets - including the space in between the two sets of fans for segregation it would have been roughly half the available space.

No matter what way this is dressed up it's an absolute nonsense of a decision and a slap in the face to football fans.

No-one was expecting 50,000 people to turn up for the final, hardly anyone would even have expected the 12,000 that's allowed in for the Euros 3 weeks later to turn up for the final but 600 is just absolutely pathetic.
    There is every likelihood there will be more cases in three weeks than when the Cup Final is. If they OK'd that weeks in advance then I don't see it as unreasonable that 12K is authorised(notwithstanding preparations for the Euros) for a Cup Final. If the SFA had done their job then it could have been possible but they lost interest when it wasn't going to be an "old" Firm affair. The SFA have done a huge disservice to the oldest trophy in World Football and the government haven't helped either with rules that no longer make sense.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Glasgow isn't a 'death zone' so I have no idea why you think that but unfortunately Murrayfield isn't an option as the rugby authorities were already approached a few weeks along with Celtic and Rangers but there is still some rugby competition taking place as well as pitch relaying and stadium maintenance and pitch relaying at the football clubs so no other major stadium is available.

It's very unlikely there will be a huge 'Indian Spike' in Sheffield as the English authorities seemed to structure the snooker event in Sheffield exceptionally well as there were very extensive and stringent guidelines in place throughout the tournament and then on the final day everyone had to Covid 19 test on arrival and then again 5 days afterwards while no-one under 18 was allowed nor were any vulnerable adults with any underlying health conditions allowed to attend.

The chances therefore of any Covid cases escaping this net are therefore very unlikely and is a real credit to Public Health England and the snooker authorities. Obviously nothing like this level of stringency will be in place for football events hence the comparison is rather meaningless.

The snooker final in England was also held on the 3rd of May when the Indian variant was still regarded as in its infancy and wasn't regarded as the threat as it is now. The English figures are much more mature than the Scottish figures given the variant reached England first and only today Public Health England recorded 1,300 cases which is double that of just 6 days ago hence you can see the exponential growth that may be involved.

England announced today through Boris Johnson that they are now 'very anxious' about this variant and his government 'are ruling nothing out' to tackle out this including re-inposing local lockdowns. What has spooked England are reports from India that the AstraZenca vaccine might not work against this variant and they are awaiting further data and of course England and Scotland have put so many of their eggs in the AstraZenca vaccine boat.

It will be all these factors that the Scottish government will be taking into account as well as there own figures which were published this week which showed Glasgow is now at 58 cases per 100,000 compared to Scotland at 25 cases per 100,000 . Even more worrying is that the South side of Glasgow where Hampden is situated is showing 74 cases per 100,000 which is 3 times higher than the national average and the firm suspicion is that its the Indian variant that is causing this spike.

600 fans is obviously not to your liking but there is strong science behind all decisions made in England and Scotland with of course political and economic judgements influencing every call but principally these decisions are recommended by highly professional scientists and ran through the computer model by the Covid epidemiologists and any politician in England or Scotland aren't going to ask for a rerun based on the name of a football team taking part. After all there is a huge public enquiry on the way.
    Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Baldmans Comb View Post
    Glasgow isn't a 'death zone' so I have no idea why you think that but it is a city that might not be moving to level 2 next week due to the rise in covid cases. Its being described as "very fragile".

Unfortunately Murrayfield isn't an option as the rugby authorities were already approached a few weeks along with Celtic and Rangers but there is still some rugby competition taking place as well as pitch relaying and stadium maintenance at the football clubs so no other major stadium is available.

It's very unlikely there will be a huge 'Indian Spike' in Sheffield as the English authorities seemed to structure the snooker event in Sheffield exceptionally well.

There were very extensive and stringent guidelines in place throughout the tournament and then on the final day everyone had to Covid 19 test on arrival and then again 5 days afterwards while no-one under 18 was allowed nor were any vulnerable adults with any underlying health conditions allowed to attend.

The rise in cases is due to places and industries opening up, people being allowed to see others, people travelling around the country, people going back to work, exactly what Leitch said would happen. We’ve had Kent, South African, Brazilian variants and keep getting threatened with how bad they are. The fact is we now have most of the country vaccinated, the experts tell us cases rising wouldn't be an issue now due to that, then as soon as it happens runs the scaremongering headlines. Whole election campaign complete with very little mention of a deadly variant, now that’s done we’re hearing about it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The rise in cases is due to places and industries opening up, people being allowed to see others, people travelling around the country, people going back to work, exactly what Leitch said would happen. We’ve had Kent, South African, Brazilian variants and keep getting threatened with how bad they are. The fact is we now have most of the country vaccinated, the experts tell us cases rising wouldn't be an issue now due to that, then as soon as it happens runs the scaremongering headlines. Whole election campaign complete with very little mention of a deadly variant, now that’s done we’re hearing about it every day.
    Spot on. And another fact is the virus is always going to be here and there's always going to be cases. The vaccine protects prevents serious disease and deaths from the virus. People can still get Covid but won't be a serious virus. We need to move on now after nearly a year and a half of this and start to learn to live with Covid. Just like we live with other viruses and diseases. Life has to go back to normality in the coming months. The scaremongering with cases is embarrassing tbh as it's fairly straight forward that there's always going to be cases year in year out because there's no cure for the virus. The vaccine is the best protection we have so get the programme moving and get people done and let us return to normal. Sick of hearing about there's hope etc then another new variant pops up. Next it will be the Gorgie Variant.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

Who ran the scaremongering headline?

And, arnt things going back to normal?

I know form Monday I can do things that are far more normal and in about 3 weeks time we should have 12k inside hampden

We arnt getting what we wanted on 22nd May but it hardly means things arnt heading towards normal

Re the varients - bear in mind this was a brand new virus in January last year - ofcourse certain types of mutations will be worry - what if one of the mutations start killing people in a much younger age group - ignoring the mutations would be total folly

I'm not sure it's the scientific community or the government who's scaremongering though

Last edited by Callum_62; 14-05-2021 at 07:20 AM.

Who ran the scaremongering headline?

And, arnt things going back to normal?

I know form Monday I can do things that are far more normal and in about 3 weeks time we should have 12k inside hampden

We arnt getting what we wanted on 22nd May but it hardly means things arnt heading towards normal

Not in Moray they aren’t, talk of it not being the case in Glasgow, all because of cases. Cases that were told don’t really matter due to the vaccine, it’s only a matter of time before they threaten and scaremonger the rest of us with it too.

The scaremongering comes from the top, like I say not a peep during election campaign about variants, yet here we are less than a week after the result and it’s all we’ve heard about.

Wait till the winter comes again more local lockdowns are on the way

Gamer IDs

Not in Moray they aren’t, talk of it not being the case in Glasgow, all because of cases. Cases that were told don’t really matter due to the vaccine, it’s only a matter of time before they threaten and scaremonger the rest of us with it too.

The scaremongering comes from the top, like I say not a peep during election campaign about variants, yet here we are less than a week after the result and it’s all we’ve heard about.
    Have we all been offered the vaccine?

Arnt we all due to be vaccinated by - June? July?

So 4-8 weeks or so?

600 is an utterly pathetic number.

They might as well not have bothered letting anybody in.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keith_M View Post
    600 is an utterly pathetic number.

They might as well not have bothered letting anybody in.
    It's only pathetic if we know what we were working with

We obviously don't have the whole stadium

Do we gave a whole stand? What percentage of what we are working with are we using?

If the SFA were told you need 2m distance - why does that only give is 600 fans?

Even if they were told 1.5m its still only allowed them 1500-2000 fans

Why is so much of the stadium unusable/unreleased? There's only 1 body in charge of that

Do we gave a whole stand? What percentage of what we are working with are we using?

If the SFA were told you need 2m distance - why does that only give is 600 fans?

Why is so much of the stadium unusable/unreleased? There's only 1 body in charge of that

The SFA were working on an agreement to allow up to 3,000 fans to attend the final - it's not great for a cup final but not being able to get in much more than that was largely down to UEFA being in control of the stadium.

However getting the maximum number of people possible into Hampden for the cup final would have been a real boost to everyone and given people a lot of hope for next season.

To end up with just 20% of an already massively reduced number of fans is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiberniankb View Post
    Wait till the winter comes again more local lockdowns are on the way
    No they aren't. We will all be vaccinated by autumn.

Agreed. Got to love Boris sharing his feelings of being "very anxious" with the population, clearly taking a lead from Churchill's "we're doomed" speech during the Battle of Britain. The scaremongering by the Government is designed to manipulate and confuse. After 5 months of lockdown and 35% of the population double-vaxed, the Government's job is to deal with the problem in front of them and stop whinging. They need to have a strategy and tactics for managing outbreaks quickly and effectively, without bothering 66 million people. Sadly, we have the worst PM and a flapping UK Government at the worst of times.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    It's almost as if by keeping the borders open, it has let this new variant in.

Of course we need to act on new variants, but ffs why cant we be pro active rather than reactive?

600 is just bollox, they will be taken up by the players and staff, and rightly so, but we could be so much better at handling this virus.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    No they aren't. We will all be vaccinated by autumn.
    Wont make any difference though going by the logic used by many just now.

We won’t know how the vaccines will stand up against new variants.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Agreed. Got to love Boris sharing his feelings of being "very anxious" with the population, clearly taking a lead from Churchill's "we're doomed" speech during the Battle of Britain. The scaremongering by the Government is designed to manipulate and confuse. After 5 months of lockdown and 35% of the population double-vaxed, the Government's job is to deal with the problem in front of them and stop whinging. They need to have a strategy and tactics for managing outbreaks quickly and effectively, without bothering 66 million people. Sadly, we have the worst PM and a flapping UK Government at the worst of times.
    This morning additional vaccine is being rushed to Bolton to tackle a spike of the Indian variant. This looks to be a strategy for managing outbreaks.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar

I think there are two bodies involved in that – UEFA and the SFA.

It's hard to know whether it's mainly down to UEFA being awkward or the SFA being incompetent (or quite possibly both). Ultimately it doesn't seem like a massive leap that to say the SFA could have seen this problem coming when they agreed that UEFA could do whatever they liked with Hampden for a month ahead of the first Euro game. That said, given that Wembley is in a similar situation but doesn't appear to have the 'three-quarters closed' problem, it's obviously possible for UEFA to get their preparations done and still allow fans in every stand for a one-off game during that period. Again, whether this is because UEFA are being more awkward with Hampden or because the English FA planned for and got assurances for the FA up final in advance while the SFA failed to do so, we'll probably never know.

On the AST debate, in normal circumstances all season ticket holders would have had the chance to buy at least one ticket for the final. There will also be some who didn't sign up to the AST scheme but who would still go to most away games. For those reasons I don't think it would be fair to prioritise AST holders and if there was a ballot all Season ticket holders who want a ticket (applications should be invited before the ballot takes place) should be included IMO.

What I would like to see is Hibs and St Johnstone getting together and either telling the SFA/SG/UEFA to ram their 600 tickets or alternatively announcing that all 600 will be handed to the NHS.

BTW, what exactly are they doing to Hampden that more of it can't be opened up for a couple of hours, three weeks before anything else takes place? This is Scottish football's showpiece game and very little effort seems to have gone into giving it a decent audience.