hibs.net Messageboard

Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People north of the forth road bridge can't be trusted.
    Heay... no need.... I can easily hide my sixth finger!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    Which was only one, there were others. All were relevant in informing decisions by health, government and sporting advisors on the panel of experts.

A bit like the different trials of the different vaccines which fight covid in different ways you dont blunder in and blindly vaccinate millions and cross your fingers you undertake small focussed controlled trials and build up...remember thalidomide?
    Fair enough I just don't see how 300 people in a 20,000 outdoor arena was going to be anything other than a roaring success.

Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    Well, I've just got my email through confirming my two tickets.
    Wife is very excited. She's not been to a soccer match before.
    Great to read a serious, intelligent post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    People north of the forth road bridge can't be trusted.
    Zip it, you

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by GordonHFC View Post
    Tickets should only be available to over 60 who have had the Pfizer vaccine (both doses) and who have existing and renewed their season tickets. Its the only way to be fair.
    Me please!

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    At the time of the test events there was no guarantee a vaccine was coming and there was absolutely nothing to suggest what the effectiveness rates were.

It’s a totally different situation now and whatever test events were held pre vaccines even being made aren’t worth a damn with the situation now.
    You are absolutely incorrect with that statement.

The test events took place during the Phase 2 vaccine testing programme for Pfizer and the back end of the Pahse 1 stage for AstraZenica. The BMJ publushed the result in peer reviewed papers at the time and the UK Government had by then placed initial orders for 60.000.000 vaccine doses. The Phase 1 trial results were available, Phase 2 had been peer reviewed and a few weeks later the Phase 3 results mafe avaiable leading to the ultimate licensing by the authorities.

Just because the BMJ doesn't publish its papers on here doesn't mean the people who make the decisions hadn't read them😉

(Edit Clinical trials of Pfizer BionTech began in May2020)
    Last edited by hibbyfraelibby; 11-05-2021 at 07:48 PM.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    But again, we should be pushing for full, February 2020 normality in stadia come the start of next season. By then, it will be as safe to attend a stadium in Scotland as it was before COVID, so there is no reason for the likes of Jason Leitch to come out on Off the Ball and say 'away fans might not be allowed in for the first half of the season'. We already are allowed to travel anywhere in Scotland for any purpose, why is it when it's football fans involved does it suddenly become a 'difficult one' for the government to decide on? This is not a slight on the Scottish Government in particular by the way, it has been the same across Europe. Just a total inability to see the wood for the trees, everyone convinced that the pandemic will irreversibly change big events forever (it won't) and we all have to accept some dystopian new normal (we won't). I just hope boards - although motivated by purely financial gain - get on board and start piling on proper pressure for football stadiums with no COVID restrictions as soon as possible
    I think the thinking is not wanting people mixing from different areas for a prolonged period right just now.
    Your probably right about not changing things for events forever but it won’t be back to anything like where we were short term. Things are opening up gradually. There’s only appetite to go quicker from impatient public rather than the experts.

@hibs.net private member jeffers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Just downloaded the app. Only lets you login currently if you are registered with a GP surgery in England.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I think the thinking is not wanting people mixing from different areas for a prolonged period right just now.
    Your probably right about not changing things for events forever but it won’t be back to anything like where we were short term. Things are opening up gradually. There’s only appetite to go quicker from impatient public rather than the experts.
    I don’t think it’s fair to label the public impatient any more.

This has gone on for far too long and by and large the public have just dealt with it. Now though, the restrictions in place don’t stand up to any scrutiny, they’re inconsistent and are a lot more restrictive than our closest neighbours, without good reason.

There’s absolutely no reason there can’t be significantly more people in the ground than 2,000 and people are quite right to challenge it IMO of course.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t think it’s fair to label the public impatient any more.

This has gone on for far too long and by and large the public have just dealt with it. Now though, the restrictions in place don’t stand up to any scrutiny, they’re inconsistent and are a lot more restrictive than our closest neighbours, without good reason.

There’s absolutely no reason there can’t be significantly more people in the ground than 2,000 and people are quite right to challenge it IMO of course.
    It's gone on far too long because sections of the public thought they knew better and ignored all the warnings and lockdown. And yes, they were very obviously impatient. And ignorant.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Anyone explain how the Brit awards is currently jam packed indoors and basically none of us will be at Hampden?
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicSwirlingShip View Post
    Hibs could send season ticket sales through the roof by putting a 21/22 season ticket as a condition to be entered into the ballot....
    That would not be in good taste imo, especially considering the year some have had financially.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbyfraelibby View Post
    You are absolutely incorrect with that statement.

The test events took place during the Phase 2 vaccine testing programme for Pfizer and the back end of the Pahse 1 stage for AstraZenica. The BMJ publushed the result in peer reviewed papers at the time and the UK Government had by then placed initial orders for 60.000.000 vaccine doses. The Phase 1 trial results were available, Phase 2 had been peer reviewed and a few weeks later the Phase 3 results mafe avaiable leading to the ultimate licensing by the authorities.

Just because the BMJ doesn't publish its papers on here doesn't mean the people who make the decisions hadn't read them😉

(Edit Clinical trials of Pfizer BionTech began in May2020)
    So during vaccine testing then when there was no guarantee of vaccine approval and therefore as I said no guarantee of a vaccine. Also a hell of a lot less knowledge of their effectiveness (and again, no guarantee they would even be approved to be used so their effectiveness may have been absolutely irrelevant).

In no way comparable to now when there’s 60% of the adult population vaccinated and near enough immune. The test events away back then are of no use now. The landscape has changed far too much. It takes the most ardent of SNP supporters to claim that we’ve been doing testing to allow us to open up now when the testing was done in hugely different circumstances not a kick in the arse off a year ago.

There should have been loads of test events held by now. England have held plenty.

There’s a serious lack of appetite between the SFA and Scot Gov to get football back to any form of normality.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 11-05-2021 at 08:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Anyone explain how the Brit awards is currently jam packed indoors and basically none of us will be at Hampden?
    There is no explanation really.

Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    It's gone on far too long because sections of the public thought they knew better and ignored all the warnings and lockdown. And yes, they were very obviously impatient. And ignorant.
    Disagree.

It was a pandemic, it wasn’t going away completely unless things were properly locked down and people never left the house. That’s not practical though.

Even then, even if every person in the country stuck to the rules 100% it wouldn’t have gone away as the borders remained open the whole period. Remember the government actually ran a promotion eat out to help out in the middle of it all.

Blaming the public for this is way off IMO.

Disagree.

It was a pandemic, it wasn’t going away completely unless things were properly locked down and people never left the house. That’s not practical though.

Even then, even if every person in the country stuck to the rules 100% it wouldn’t have gone away as the borders remained open the whole period. Remember the government actually ran a promotion eat out to help out in the middle of it all.

Disagree.

To be fair, that's your opinion. I disagree with it. But we both agree that now is the time to let more people into stadiums.

Open ballot for anyone that applies. £5 entry fee as a fund raiser for the club.

30,000 applications raising £150k overnight.

Win win

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyDave View Post
    Open ballot for anyone that applies. £5 entry fee as a fund raiser for the club.

30,000 applications raising £150k overnight.

Win win
    There shouldn't be any entry fee.

@hibs.net private member
    The Edinburgh club members is a funny one - they’ve paid a lot more for their season ticket and it generally guarantees them a ticket for every game. But by giving them all one it would be a bit elitist and go against the charitable, community roots?

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    That would not be in good taste imo, especially considering the year some have had financially.
    I totally agree!

I feel sorry for Hibs. This is definitely one occasion where it doesn't matter what they do, folk will feel let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I feel sorry for Hibs. This is definitely one occasion where it doesn't matter what they do, folk will feel let down.
    I disagree.

I think most, if not all reasonable people will all understand that it’s impossible to please everyone here.

I disagree.

I think most, if not all reasonable people will all understand that it’s impossible to please everyone here.
    Oh, sure. I think most people will but I expect there will be some gnashing of teeth when it comes. For the record though I won't be moaning if I miss out.
    Last edited by Glory Lurker; 11-05-2021 at 09:13 PM.

I disagree.

Aye, the vast majority will accept their lot. The tiny majority who can’t will shout pretty loud for a while though.
    I’m looking forward to the day whatever happens, booked in to a pub with a load of Hibbys, most of whom I haven’t seen since lockdown started . I can’t wait.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    The Edinburgh club members is a funny one - they’ve paid a lot more for their season ticket and it generally guarantees them a ticket for every game. But by giving them all one it would be a bit elitist and go against the charitable, community roots?
    I pay far more than a child season ticket holder yet still get lumped in the same category. That’s how it should be though without a loyalty scheme. Nobody, regardless of what they’ve paid, should be above anyone else in the same category.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    I pay far more than a child season ticket holder yet still get lumped in the same category. That’s how it should be though without a loyalty scheme. Nobody, regardless of what they’ve paid, should be above anyone else in the same category.
    I think it’s only fair everyone with a season ticket for 2020/21 goes into the hat with an equal chance.

It’ll be interesting to see what the club set the criteria as - the Edinburgh club, away “season ticket” holders (like we’ve seen on here already) and probably other groups will all want first dibs.

I think it’s only fair everyone with a season ticket for 2020/21 goes into the hat with an equal chance.

It’ll be interesting to see what the club set the criteria as - the Edinburgh club, away “season ticket” holders (like we’ve seen on here already) and probably other groups will all want first dibs.
    Totally agree. Depending on what criteria the SG set of course as well. They may make it >18 only, the club may set it that there are no groups at all, things like that could see a number of kids removed from the ballot too. But other than that it should be an ‘all in’ from 20/21 STH’s.

Everybody in the hat together, one big happy or unhappy family.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Someone earlier objected to the idea of sponsors getting tickets.

After listening to the marketing guy on the podcast here, it’s clear that it’s important to the club to treat our partners well.

Do we just tell them all to shove it? Aren’t they as entitled to be in the ballot as everyone else? Should they get first dibs?

Players families, staff etc all need to come into consideration too.

I’m comfortable that the club will do the right thing. Happy to watch it on the tv and avoid the stress!

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Totally agree. Depending on what criteria the SG set of course as well. They may make it >18 only, the club may set it that there are no groups at all, things like that could see a number of kids removed from the ballot too. But other than that it should be an ‘all in’ from 20/21 STH’s.
    I would feel really bad for all those frauds who continually do Hibs out of money by buying children’s season tickets if only over 18s were allowed to attend the final 🤣