hibs.net Messageboard

 

Page 57 of 63 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,710 of 1887
  1. #1681
    Ultimate Slaver Keith_M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    In der HŲlle
    Posts
    30,301
    If it's still played at Hampden and they actually did decide that Hibs ST holders in Glasgow would be able to attend, then I'd be in line to get a ticket.

    However, I think that would be ridiculous and I'd much rather it was moved to somewhere that there was a much lower health risk, and that tickets were made available to people that really do deserve it, rather than just because they happen to live near the stadium.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #1682
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Brian mclaughlin on radio Scotland, unlikely to be fans at the final if its at Hampden!!!!
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  4. #1683
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Having fans at the Scottish Cup final is now "at risk" due to Glasgow remaining in Level 3 Covid-19 restrictions, says Scotland's national clinical director Professor Jason Leitch.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  5. #1684
    @hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    6,825
    What a complete shambles

  6. #1685
    Following the science though, fans one day, no fans the next. Iím sure this Ďspikeí has caught them by surprise over night 😂 no the Scottish governments fault though.

  7. #1686
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Following the science though, fans one day, no fans the next. Iím sure this Ďspikeí has caught them by surprise over night 😂 no the Scottish governments fault though.
    Can really see 600 fans all sat about half a mile apart in a 52,000 seater stadium really bringing the NHS to its knees 😂

    Honestly think this government has completely lost grip of reality on this one.

  8. #1687
    @hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Alloa
    Age
    55
    Posts
    10,137
    Blog Entries
    1
    It was a well intentioned idea but in my opinion the final should be played as the rest of the season has been played with no fans in the stadium. Concentrate on getting covid down to level 0 for next season. Itís all getting a bit silly now.

  9. #1688
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    59
    Posts
    37,111
    Iíve no idea whatís going on in Scottish Football just now
    Edinburgh city thought they would be allowed fans for the play off game on Monday night v Dumbarton. But based on requirements for social distancing, fans not allowed back in

    However Morton v Airdrie next Friday, 500 home fans are allowed in

  10. #1689
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can really see 600 fans all sat about half a mile apart in a 52,000 seater stadium really bringing the NHS to its knees 😂

    Honestly think this government has completely lost grip of reality on this one.
    Got to agree with you on this. 600 fans rattling around an outdoor 52 000 seater stadium poses zero threat to health. Getting very silly now.

  11. #1690
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a well intentioned idea but in my opinion the final should be played as the rest of the season has been played with no fans in the stadium. Concentrate on getting covid down to level 0 for next season. Itís all getting a bit silly now.
    What are we allowed at level 0 again? A dozen fans maybe? Maybe allow us 20 if we get down on our knees and really beg like good boys.

    Hibs and st Johnstone should just tell them to shove their tickets up their arse.

  12. #1691
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a well intentioned idea but in my opinion the final should be played as the rest of the season has been played with no fans in the stadium. Concentrate on getting covid down to level 0 for next season. Itís all getting a bit silly now.
    Dinnae be daft, folk need something to moan about.

    Had there been no attempt to get fans in the sfa would be the target. They asked, got an answer that folk weren't happy with, then the uber fans came out of the woodwork saying they deserved to be there more than others.

    If only the government had said, Glasgow is looking a bit bad no fans can get to the final.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  13. #1692
    @hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Age
    39
    Posts
    25,837
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to agree with you on this. 600 fans rattling around an outdoor 52 000 seater stadium poses zero threat to health. Getting very silly now.
    Where will the 52,000 people who would have been at the game going instead?

    Pubs and house parties which are far riskier venues.

    Itís absolute madness.

  14. #1693
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where will the 52,000 people who would have been at the game going instead?

    Pubs and house parties which are far riskier venues.

    Itís absolute madness.
    Totally agree with you bingo. 600 fans in a 52 000 seater stadia poses zero risk to public health.

  15. #1694
    Looks like the government are pulling the plug on it anyway.

  16. #1695
    Just get the cup won and give me tickets to the Europa League games.

  17. #1696
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Got to agree with you on this. 600 fans rattling around an outdoor 52 000 seater stadium poses zero threat to health. Getting very silly now.
    The only part of Hampden available is the lower south stand.

    A maximum 8000 capacity, and with 2m separation that worked out at 600 fans.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  18. #1697
    Coaching Staff Smartie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Age
    43
    Posts
    14,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a well intentioned idea but in my opinion the final should be played as the rest of the season has been played with no fans in the stadium. Concentrate on getting covid down to level 0 for next season. It’s all getting a bit silly now.
    It's been a whole load of hassle for something that will please a relatively small number of people and antagonise many many more, for all sorts of reasons.

    The whole season has been played out in front of no fans. I know it's a cup final, I know we'd all like to be in attendance and I know there's something good about even getting a handful of fans in but it just all feels a bit daft right now.

    We've been in a global pandemic, one that we're all desperate to come out of. Chuck in a spike in Glasgow and having to accommodate the Euros as well as the fact that the lower leagues halted a few months ago and I've got a fair bit of sympathy for the authorities here, who it appears cannot win.
    Last edited by Smartie; 14-05-2021 at 05:33 PM.

  19. #1698
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The only part of Hampden available is the lower south stand.

    A maximum 8000 capacity, and with 2m separation that worked out at 600 fans.
    Wasn't aware of that. Puts it into a different context. Still, for the Scottish Cup final both the sfa and government should have ensured a different scenario. I'd still rather it was played at Hampden fans or no fans if Murrayfield is not available.

  20. #1699
    @hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Leith Links
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7,429
    Play it at another ground with fans. Get it sorted Petrie.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

  21. #1700
    Testimonial Due Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Motherwell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,368
    This article suggests we should have been looking at 4000/5000 with 2m distancing in place, and not the paltry figure of 600.

    Scottish Cup final: Hibs v St Johnstone at Hampden will be watched by 600 fans.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57100706

  22. #1701
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Play it at another ground with fans. Get it sorted Petrie.
    Not pittodrie.

  23. #1702
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    184
    This is an absolute shambles, I feel for the families of the players and staff from both teams who would already have thought they were getting to see the game.

  24. #1703
    Testimonial Due Chorley Hibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Motherwell
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,368
    I think it is immaterial now as, according to the Scottish Government's own guidelines, there will now be no fans present should Glasgow remain in Level 3.

  25. #1704
    @hibs.net private member Magpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3,173
    Quote Originally Posted by northstandhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Totally agree with you bingo. 600 fans in a 52 000 seater stadia poses zero risk to public health.
    All supporters attending would have to get a negative covid test before the game too I assume.

  26. #1705
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Chorley Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This article suggests we should have been looking at 4000/5000 with 2m distancing in place, and not the paltry figure of 600.

    Scottish Cup final: Hibs v St Johnstone at Hampden will be watched by 600 fans.

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57100706
    The bottom of the article clearly explains why the 600 figure was arrived at.
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  27. #1706
    @hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    East Lothian
    Age
    50
    Posts
    3,917
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Hibby70
    Is it confirmed now that there will be no fans at Hampden?

  28. #1707
    I am sure there will be more than 600 Rangers fans some of who will have travelled from outside Glasgow outside Ibrox tomorrow. Be interesting to see how that is handled by the police. Unless there is a dramatic change in cases in Glasgow it looks like no fans. How many Hibs or St Johnstone fans would have been travelling through Pollockshields or Easterhouse going to the match?

    PS noticed Toryglen on list of postcodes.
    Last edited by gbhibby; 14-05-2021 at 05:51 PM.

  29. #1708
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Spinning a Yarn
    Posts
    19,606
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Is it confirmed now that there will be no fans at Hampden?
    No. All speculation, or moaning, depending on your point of view. 😁
    WASH YOUR HANDS, WEAR A MASK, KEEP 2M APART AND GET THE VACCINE

  30. #1709
    @hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    The wee *****y of course
    Posts
    6,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Spike Mandela View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was a well intentioned idea but in my opinion the final should be played as the rest of the season has been played with no fans in the stadium. Concentrate on getting covid down to level 0 for next season. Itís all getting a bit silly now.
    When did you start talking sense!!?? I agree with you to be honest. 600 was a bit of a joke and we haven't played any games with fans this season so far. Folk are getting all worked up because they want to be offended at something. Get back to normality for next season and I'll be happy. 3rd in the league and in a cup final, don't want any if the jinx fans in anyway!!

  31. #1710
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    477
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Play it at another ground with fans. Get it sorted Petrie.
    Unlikely they will move it as the SFA blazers who have to be there will probably all live in Glasgow and cannot travel out under level 3 rules and the chances of getting another venue at this stage is probably a non starter

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2020 All Rights Reserved
- Mobile Leaderboard (320x50) - Leaderboard (728x90)