hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

JR questioning the lack of fans at games

Hibs boss Jack Ross says he has been baffled by the ongoing reluctance to open stadium turnstiles to fans and is surprised that there’s not been more lobbying to allow reduced capacity crowds to see out the season.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/hibs-boss-jack-ross-makes-scottish-cup-final-fans-plea-we-seem-to-have-taken-our-foot-off-the-accelerator-3227432%3famp

You’re not wrong there Jack in the Evening News. Unfortunately there seems to inexplicably be absolutely no appetite in this country to allow it to happen between Scot Gov and SFA/SPFL.

I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we’re still fully behind closed doors come August.
    Last edited by calumhibee1; 07-05-2021 at 08:29 AM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Especially for the showpiece Hampden games, you'd think a percentage of fans could attend.

They were talking on Five Live last night about the All England Champions League Final and if there is a case to just play it in England given the circumstances.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Cant disagree with anything he says.

about time all players, managers, clubs and SFA/SPFL start putting real pressure on the gov

@hibs.net private member
    It’s a strange one - there was a lot of noise a while back. Even had a couple of chairmen calling the decision a political decision, now they’re all back in their box - maybe they’re finding it’s more efficient and profitable to run without fans.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoDoidge View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    about time all players, managers, clubs and SFA/SPFL start putting real pressure on the gov
    Surely the fans have potentially the loudest voice and so far it’s been pretty muted.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Were Hearts approached about Tynecastle hosting the final?

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Apparently yes.

@hibs.net private member
    Good for JR. The Courts have already found that the measures that were in place in Scotland to be disproportionate and unlawful in the context of churches which suggests that some form of restricted crowd for the final should be permitted.

Why there is no appetite for this is quite astonishing and the lack of representative bodies speaking out against the ban on fans (however this has actually been effected) shows a clear lack of effective representation for both the clubs and fans.

What on earth are the SFA doing? Have they sacrificed the Scottish Cup Final to do a deal on fans for the Euros?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I think he makes a valid point. However if no fans for the remainder of this season means we can get all our season ticket holders in for the first league game next season I’d take that

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Apparently yes.
    Which may suggest the gov was open to having some fans at the Final, but it's the lack of alt to Hampden that's scuppered it. Whatever the case, the SFA have cocked this up as they do so many things. Can guarantee, if clubs were in financial jeopardy the SFA would have been all over the gov like a rash about this. Also, the time to put pressure on the SNP would have been before the election, not after it.

The folk in football who have lost out the most during this pandemic are certainly the fans, and we don't appear to have anyone acting as our voice or champion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    What on earth are the SFA doing? Have they sacrificed the Scottish Cup Final to do a deal on fans for the Euros?

Seems to be exactly that.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Theres no argument for not doing it anymore. I've been very much in the camp of Scot Gov throughout but with the numbers we are seeing now it seems daft not to allow people in to games akin to what they were able to do at Ross County under the tiers system.

Apparently yes.
    Sounds like some appetite exists then. I imagine any potential final venue will depend on results this weekend. If Hibs were to lose tomorrow, Easter Road could potentially be used as a final venue, if Hibs win does Parkhead or Ibrox then become the best option for the final perhaps?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Which may suggest the gov was open to having some fans at the Final, but it's the lack of alt to Hampden that's scuppered it. Whatever the case, the SFA have cocked this up as they do so many things. Can guarantee, if clubs were in financial jeopardy the SFA would have been all over the gov like a rash about this. Also, the time to put pressure on the SNP would have been before the election, not after it.

The folk in football who have lost out the most during this pandemic are certainly the fans, and we don't appear to have anyone acting as our voice or champion.

If this is the case it's utterly pathetic from the governing body. If you allowed for 10% of the capacity of Hampden (5200?) you could have that number safely at near enough every top flight ground, and even some championship teams.

Sounds like some appetite exists then. I imagine any potential final venue will depend on results this weekend. If Hibs were to lose tomorrow, Easter Road could potentially be used as a final venue, if Hibs win does Parkhead or Ibrox then become the best option for the final perhaps?
    I suppose a very slight appetite (if it’s even true, I’m sure it was hearts who were saying they said no).

The SFA have claimed they’ve exhausted all options and there’ll absolutely be no fans, have they not?

It should be a case of making it happen for the SFA and Scot Gov. Instead I’m sure it’ll be the case that the easy option isn’t possible so we’ll just give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    Theres no argument for not doing it anymore. I've been very much in the camp of Scot Gov throughout but with the numbers we are seeing now it seems daft not to allow people in to games akin to what they were able to do at Ross County under the tiers system.

There could easily be 3 or 4 thousand at Easter Road for the Celtic game.

There should be a massive effort to get the final into Murrayfield with 10k or so fans.

Unfortunately I very much doubt anyone that has the power is arsed enough to try everything to make it happen.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Can you imagine we won the cup at Tynie? Genuinely stuff of dreams that

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I suppose a very slight appetite (if it’s even true, I’m sure it was hearts who were saying they said no).

The SFA have claimed they’ve exhausted all options and there’ll absolutely be no fans, have they not?

It should be a case of making it happen for the SFA and Scot Gov. Instead I’m sure it’ll be the case that the easy option isn’t possible so we’ll just give up.
    The suggestion was that as Hampden, ibrox, parkhead and tynecastle were unavailable there was no other options.

I don’t see why Easter Road, pittodrie or even Tannadice couldn’t be considered? Failing that one of the stadiums in the north east of England.

Lack of interest in getting some fans back in for the final has been shocking. They could even have labelled it as a trial event which would have helped us getting bigger numbers in for the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    The suggestion was that as Hampden, ibrox, parkhead and tynecastle were unavailable there was no other options.

I don’t see why Easter Road, pittodrie or even Tannadice couldn’t be considered? Failing that one of the stadiums in the north east of England.

Lack of interest in getting some fans back in for the final has been shocking. They could even have labelled it as a trial event which would have helped us getting bigger numbers in for the start of next season.
    Yup. Where there’s a will there’s a way. Unfortunately I’d suggest there’s not nearly enough will.

Interesting that we’re now at the stage of people involved in football (like Ross) saying similar.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    Good for JR. The Courts have already found that the measures that were in place in Scotland to be disproportionate and unlawful in the context of churches which suggests that some form of restricted crowd for the final should be permitted.

Why there is no appetite for this is quite astonishing and the lack of representative bodies speaking out against the ban on fans (however this has actually been effected) shows a clear lack of effective representation for both the clubs and fans.

Personally think that is exactly what has happened. No doubt on the back of the behaviour of The fans when they won the league

The play off finals have been shifted back so that 500 fans can attend (expected to become legal on the 17th)

I assume this means some fans will be allowed to attend the Scottish cup final

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    The play off finals have been shifted back so that 500 fans can attend (expected to become legal on the 17th)

I assume this means some fans will be allowed to attend the Scottish cup final
    Fans won’t be allowed in to Hampden as it is getting ready to host the Euros. And there is zero chance of it being moved elsewhere.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Fans won’t be allowed in to Hampden as it is getting ready to host the Euros. And there is zero chance of it being moved elsewhere.
    Yeah seems you're right, how ridiculous

Already replied to the post on the Covid thread but will do so again. For some reason there seems to be an acceptance that we'll see this season out without any fans in attendance.

For me those in power should be doing everything possible to allow the maximum number of people permitted under the guidelines into the few remaining games of this season which are played after 17th May.

Sadly there does not appear to be any appetite for that to happen.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Already replied to the post on the Covid thread but will do so again. For some reason there seems to be an acceptance that we'll see this season out without any fans in attendance.

For me those in power should be doing everything possible to allow the maximum number of people permitted under the guidelines into the few remaining games of this season which are played after 17th May.

Sadly there does not appear to be any appetite for that to happen.
    Part of me agrees with you, but.............playing devils avodaco -

There are so few matches left in the league this season that to arrange a test event then do a ballot / determine who can get in / arrange cleaning / staff / security etc etc is probably logistically tricky and (dare I say it) financially unpalatable for the larger clubs.

That leaves the Scottish Cup Final - Again, if it is diddy clubs like St J and Dundee Utd, they could probably get all their ST holders into Easter Road no bother..................but if Hibs get there?

Where do we play, and would people be happy to lose out on a final ticket to allow me in ?

I would love to be back in, but I reckon that we might be stuffed til the new season.

They can **** right off i they expect a national final to be played on a pitch thats not even compliant for a full international.

Quote Originally Posted by Not In The Know View Post
    They can **** right off i they expect a national final to be played on a pitch thats not even compliant for a full international.
    Hearts already rejected the request.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Personally think that is exactly what has happened. No doubt on the back of the behaviour of The fans when they won the league
    I suspect so too. Regardless, this could really backfire (particulalrly if it is Hibs who win the Cup). If the SG and SFA had done all they can to ensure fans can attend safely then I think most fans would probably seek to enjoy any Cup win safely and responsibly.

By not doing anything to help this then they are not getting the fans to buy in to their approach. This could clearly alienate fans leading to non-compliance with any "guidance" in any ensuing celebrations.

That is poor governance at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Part of me agrees with you, but.............playing devils avodaco -

There are so few matches left in the league this season that to arrange a test event then do a ballot / determine who can get in / arrange cleaning / staff / security etc etc is probably logistically tricky and (dare I say it) financially unpalatable for the larger clubs.

That leaves the Scottish Cup Final - Again, if it is diddy clubs like St J and Dundee Utd, they could probably get all their ST holders into Easter Road no bother..................but if Hibs get there?

Where do we play, and would people be happy to lose out on a final ticket to allow me in ?

I would love to be back in, but I reckon that we might be stuffed til the new season.
    It won't affect the league season as the final round of matches are played before 17th May so the matches involved in this would be the Scottish Cup final or, more realistically, the play off finals.

I think seeing some fans return before the end of the season, even if it's only for a match or two and even if the number of fans allowed is miniscule, it will give everyone a massive lift and give people some confidence to go out and buy season tickets for next season with some positivity to look forward to next season starting with more fans returning.