hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The play off finals have been shifted back so that 500 fans can attend (expected to become legal on the 17th)

I assume this means some fans will be allowed to attend the Scottish cup final
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56998512
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Part of me agrees with you, but.............playing devils avodaco -

There are so few matches left in the league this season that to arrange a test event then do a ballot / determine who can get in / arrange cleaning / staff / security etc etc is probably logistically tricky and (dare I say it) financially unpalatable for the larger clubs.

That leaves the Scottish Cup Final - Again, if it is diddy clubs like St J and Dundee Utd, they could probably get all their ST holders into Easter Road no bother..................but if Hibs get there?

Where do we play, and would people be happy to lose out on a final ticket to allow me in ?

I would love to be back in, but I reckon that we might be stuffed til the new season.
    Devil's avocado. 🤣

I've always thought they were the food of the devil 👍
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

As always the SFA and the SPFL get all the flak but I don’t see any member clubs putting any pressure on them to get fans in.Hibs appear to have no view.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    Devil's avocado. 🤣

I've always thought they were the food of the devil 👍
    Love them, I make my own guacamole to go with fajitas or (tonights choice) Chilli.

Arriba........or somethng

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Already replied to the post on the Covid thread but will do so again. For some reason there seems to be an acceptance that we'll see this season out without any fans in attendance.

For me those in power should be doing everything possible to allow the maximum number of people permitted under the guidelines into the few remaining games of this season which are played after 17th May.

Sadly there does not appear to be any appetite for that to happen.
    Was never going to happen unless stadiums were fully opened. Clubs already have the cash from season tickets so unless walk ups are allowed they will lose money on hosting games with restricted crowds.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    As always the SFA and the SPFL get all the flak but I don’t see any member clubs putting any pressure on them to get fans in.Hibs appear to have no view.
    The SFA is a members organisation so the clubs are equally complicit imo.

As others have said, I’d suspect they’d rather not have fans in for financial reasons which is shocking if the case.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    The fans will be out on the streets no matter who wins the cup. If it’s hibs the fans will all head round to the stadium or maybe the links. I’ll probably be one of them.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    I suspect so too. Regardless, this could really backfire (particulalrly if it is Hibs who win the Cup). If the SG and SFA had done all they can to ensure fans can attend safely then I think most fans would probably seek to enjoy any Cup win safely and responsibly.

By not doing anything to help this then they are not getting the fans to buy in to their approach. This could clearly alienate fans leading to non-compliance with any "guidance" in any ensuing celebrations.

That is poor governance at any level.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    I’m not so sure fans being at the final or anything those in charge do would have much impact on folk choosing to be selfish and break the rules to celebrate. The majority will comply as there’s a bigger picture, but the selfish minority are simply that IMO and only think about themselves.

You could play the game at Murrayfield and open it to every ST holder of the participating clubs and still have ample room for social distancing.

Add in staggered arrival and exit times, mandatory tests and compulsory mask wearing and it could be done.

There's little will to do it though among fans, the clubs, the governing body and the government.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Already replied to the post on the Covid thread but will do so again. For some reason there seems to be an acceptance that we'll see this season out without any fans in attendance.

For me those in power should be doing everything possible to allow the maximum number of people permitted under the guidelines into the few remaining games of this season which are played after 17th May.

Sadly there does not appear to be any appetite for that to happen.
    Maybe most fans prefer watching the games at home? No hassle getting to the games, no clowns swearing in your ear for 90 minutes, can do something else in the rest of the day, see the game better, with replays etc. The clubs are obviously doing okay out of it at the moment, with plans for new signings.

I think it might take some time before some people want to go to games again.

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire HFC View Post
    Maybe most fans prefer watching the games at home? No hassle getting to the games, no clowns swearing in your ear for 90 minutes, can do something else in the rest of the day, see the game better, with replays etc. The clubs are obviously doing okay out of it at the moment, with plans for new signings.

I think it would be near impossible to beat your post for being wrong in so many ways.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar

It’s safe to say that’s not the case.

Folk are desperate to get back.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    I think it would be near impossible to beat your post for being wrong in so many ways.
    😂

I’ve been desperate to get back to Easter road but now I’ve been reminded of the swearing and getting replays on the TV I’m no sure I’ll bother next season.

I don’t think fans are kicking up a fuss about getting in as they don’t want to get egg on their face if they get put out in the semis. Once the finalists are confirmed fans of both side will make a bigger deal of it.

Fans of the clubs not involved don’t give a **** for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    It’s safe to say that’s not the case.

Folk are desperate to get back.
    Some folk are - but I think there are others who have found other things to keep themselves busy over the last 14 months.

Obviously most of the people on this forum won't be in that category - but I don't think this website is very reflective of the average supporter.

Jesus.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

I've not felt this distant to the club since the first season I went without a season ticket in 2011/12

I'd give anything to be going to Hampden tomorrow.

In terms of the fans who usually attend matches are concerned I'd be absolutely astonished if most of them prefer watching matches on TV.

I can't believe that would be the case at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Which may suggest the gov was open to having some fans at the Final, but it's the lack of alt to Hampden that's scuppered it. Whatever the case, the SFA have cocked this up as they do so many things. Can guarantee, if clubs were in financial jeopardy the SFA would have been all over the gov like a rash about this. Also, the time to put pressure on the SNP would have been before the election, not after it.

The folk in football who have lost out the most during this pandemic are certainly the fans, and we don't appear to have anyone acting as our voice or champion.
    The baffling question that nobody seems to have asked is why the SFA are saying it’s impossible to have fans at Hampden when there will be fans at the FA Cup final at Wembley on the exact same day as the final here. Wembley actually hosts it’s first euros game earlier than Hampden.

So why are the SFA being allowed to peddle this ridiculous excuse for there being no fans allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    The baffling question that nobody seems to have asked is why the SFA are saying it’s impossible to have fans at Hampden when there will be fans at the FA Cup final at Wembley on the exact same day as the final here. Wembley actually hosts it’s first euros game earlier than Hampden.

So why are the SFA being allowed to peddle this ridiculous excuse for there being no fans allowed?
    This is going to be even more frustrating when we find out in the next few days that the English FA / UK Government have agreed with UEFA to move the CL Final from Istanbul to England - with thousands of City / Chelsea fans allowed to attend. Unlikely to be played at Wembley, but they'll easily find and alternative stadium.

Where there's a will, there's a way.
    But not with the SFA

Left by mutual consent!
    Just watching the election results and folk packed in halls shouting and cheering when peole getting elected.

Shambles we cant get in to grounds to watch our teams.

This is going to be even more frustrating when we find out in the next few days that the English FA / UK Government have agreed with UEFA to move the CL Final from Istanbul to England - with thousands of City / Chelsea fans allowed to attend. Unlikely to be played at Wembley, but they'll easily find and alternative stadium.

But not with the SFA

Back in 2014 the will was there to let Rangers play a SC Semi Final at Ibrox. A shocking decision that suited Rangers down to the ground.
    Luckily they were crap then and DU thrashed them.

But not with the SFA
    My biggest gripe with this is that the SFA are painting it as having their hands tied by UEFA yet looking at Wembley that surely can’t be the case, and I’ve not seen one journalist question this in any way

In terms of the fans who usually attend matches are concerned I'd be absolutely astonished if most of them prefer watching matches on TV.

I can't believe that would be the case at all.
    There doesn’t seem to be any big push from people to get back into the stadiums though. And the clubs don’t seem to be trying to put pressure on the politicians either. The politicians will be happy to do nothing - that way they can’t be blamed if it all went wrong.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    There doesn’t seem to be any big push from people to get back into the stadiums though. And the clubs don’t seem to be trying to put pressure on the politicians either. The politicians will be happy to do nothing - that way they can’t be blamed if it all went wrong.
    It's been mentioned a few times that there's not much of a push from people to return to the grounds now... I don't disagree, but what's the barometer for that?

Does there have to be protests or petitions before it's considered to be something that's being pushed for? Are people pushing for a lot of the other things that are coming back into our lives?
    Mon the Hibs.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I think it’s just an acceptance that the season is almost over.

Sure fans at the final would be great but clearly the political will is not there and changing that for one game would take a huge and probably fruitless effort.

As another poster said if we can get back for the start of next season then most will probably be happy with that.

Overly cautious or severe restrictions for the new season will see substantially more push back I’d say.

Left by mutual consent!

With respect, I get what you mean and would be for season ticket holders getting access to watch the games if they can't attend.

But, I think everyone is badly missing the occasion of going to the game, the day out, the beers before & after and the emotion of it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Hibs aren’t guaranteed to be in the final, it’s the SFA showpiece event, if Hibs had a home game after the 17th then I’d fully expect us to be allowing fans in, and putting plans together for applying for more than the minimum. This is fully on the SFA who are choosing not to have fans.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Were Hearts approached about Tynecastle hosting the final?
    Champions League final you mean, obviously?

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar

Yorkshire, people are desperate to watch Tadcaster Albion and Harrogate Railway. What on earth are you talking about man? Stay in the house.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Champions League final you mean, obviously?
    There's a Champions League for Subbuteo now?

Learn something new every day.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.