hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Macey

Matt Macey

If Ross sees Macey as his no 1 next season he will play him in all the remaining games
    If Rocky plays v Aberdeen it suggests to me another keeper will be brought in and third keeper sent out on loan again like he was at Dumbarton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Ross sees Macey as his no 1 next season he will play him in all the remaining games
    If Rocky plays v Aberdeen it suggests to me another keeper will be brought in and third keeper sent out on loan again like he was at Dumbarton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can see Macey's performance tomorrow determining whether he or Rocky starts v Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I can see Macey's performance tomorrow determining whether he or Rocky starts v Aberdeen.
    Surely tomorrows game is more important that the Dons game, which we can lose but still have a better chance of finishing 3rd?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    What if he has nothing to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Silky View Post
    What if he has nothing to do?
    As far as we know, at the moment, Macey is getting the cup games. If he has a good game tomorrow then he's got a decent case for starting v Aberdeen, particularly now that he has signed a contract. If he has an average or worse game then the chances are it will be Rocky v Aberdeen. I would class having nothing to as being an average game.

Left by mutual consent!
    More than comfortable with Macey in goal tomorrow. He has a massive presence in goal given his size.

Gordon Strachan was saying the size of him alone might have been a massive advantage for Hibs in the penalty shootout v Motherwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    More than comfortable with Macey in goal tomorrow. He has a massive presence in goal given his size.

Gordon Strachan was saying the size of him alone might have been a massive advantage for Hibs in the penalty shootout v Motherwell.
    Then stick him on if it goes to penalties. We should be playing our number 1 keeper in these important games.

Looks like Macey will be #1 next year and I'll be behind him if he is but right now Marciano is a better keeper and our best chance of winning important games is to play our best players.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    With issues at the back, lack of bite in midfield (especially without Gogic) lack of creativity in Midfield and not scoring as many goals as we should, who is in goal tomorrow is the least of my problems. They are both decent and and can do a job. Dont care which is in goal I wont lose any sleep over whichever.

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    My preference is that we shouldn't at this stage be chopping and changing between goalies. If Macey is Jacks preference as he'll be here next season, play him for the remainder of the season. If he feels Marciano is the better goalie, play him. Don't like it when we are swapping them, week after week. Don't think it helps our defenders.

A vital reflex save low down to left just after we went 2 up . A turning point stopped .Some may see it as a big call by JR ,particularly as it is so important to win but he sees him all time in training and has confidence to give him a 2 year contract .

Excellent today. One big save and was dominant.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Left by mutual consent!
    Team selection spot on.

Earns his final spot.

Solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Solid.
    Fantastic. So proud of this team!!

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Ofir should have now played his last game for us, two or three times he commanded his box, a couple of excellent saves. Keeps the gloves for me.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It always seems to be 'a feeling' that people have against him...Nothing concrete, nothing tangible...He played really well today, delighted for him (and for Hibs)

@hibs.net private member MagicSwirlingShip's Avatar
    More than vindicated his selection today. Impressive performance

First Team Breakthrough Cheshire Hibby's Avatar
    I like the look of Macey and it’s great that he wanted to stay.

Good game today, seems to command the box a bit more than Marciano which is nice.

Should be less commentary on his spot in the final after today, I also think Marciano may have already played his last game for Hibs now.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Looks like a ready made replacement for Marciano. Like the look of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Ofir should have now played his last game for us, two or three times he commanded his box, a couple of excellent saves. Keeps the gloves for me.
    I think so too. Macey is going to be the keeper for the final so needs to play v Aberdeen and Celtic to make sure he's as sharp as possible for the 22nd.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalianwanda View Post
    It always seems to be 'a feeling' that people have against him...Nothing concrete, nothing tangible...He played really well today, delighted for him (and for Hibs)
    Thought he did well but the unease is with crosses.

Probably shouldn’t have come for the one that he got a bit stranded for. Was a bit similar to the position he ended up v Motherwell. Also mishandled one but recovered well.

Clean sheet and job done though and a cracking save at an important time too.

Will at the very least be good back up. 😁

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post

Probably shouldn’t have come for the one that he got a bit stranded for. Was a bit similar to the position he ended up v Motherwell. Also mishandled one but recovered well.

you'll grow to love him Andy 🙂🙂🙂

Another keeper who hasn't been in the door very long possibly becoming a legend

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangkok Hibby View Post
    you'll grow to love him Andy 🙂🙂🙂
    I love all Hibs players. 😁

Macey is replacing a bit of a legend in Marciano. Some fans will take a while to accept that Rocky is no longer a Hibs player and will naturally see Matt as a downgrade.

However, he has done nothing to deserve the negative narrative that seems to be pushed by some fans. Indeed he has actually done a lot of good stuff.

If he is our first choice next season then I am happy with that.

If his unease is with crosses he’s got something in common with your ‘number 1 choice’😉 Id say he was pretty commanding generally though. The cross you’re talking about was a great one and he can be excused for being caught in 2 minds.

He did very well ... once again.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    Macey is replacing a bit of a legend in Marciano. Some fans will take a while to accept that Rocky is no longer a Hibs player and will naturally see Matt as a downgrade.

However, he has done nothing to deserve the negative narrative that seems to be pushed by some fans. Indeed he has actually done a lot of good stuff.

If he is our first choice next season then I am happy with that.
    Well said. I got the impression on today's match thread that, while obviously wanting a Hibs win, some would have been happy had Macey screwed something up just to prove them right.

I wonder if Ross might be tempted to play Macey instead of Rocky in the remaining league matches.

You are going in with an issue here Andy. He's done very little to be a negative about and plenty to be positive about. 2 good saves today that he made look easy. Embrace him.