hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Matt Macey

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Porteous literally passed the ball to a boy who had an open goal, portioning any blame at Rocky for that is laughable. His positioning was totally fine and it would’ve been a wonder save had he saved it. Whether slow to dive for Craig’s one is irrelevant, he wouldn’t have had to dive for the Motherwell one, which is the issue. They’re totally different scenario’s. The rangers one you’re complaining that he made a save?

I’ll stand by it, Marciano saves both of those goals against Motherwell with some comfort due to his positioning and reflexes. He does it time and time again.
    Not sure I understand your blind defence of Rocky..thebliam Craig goal at St J he's deffo culpable if Macey had let that in you and others would be all over it on here and he was also capable at Inbox for parrying a shot back into the danger area. Rocky is a good solid keeper whonive enjoyed having at Hibs but he's no as good as some on here would have u believe - we move on and so does he

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Not sure I understand your blind defence of Rocky..thebliam Craig goal at St J he's deffo culpable if Macey had let that in you and others would be all over it on here and he was also capable at Inbox for parrying a shot back into the danger area. Rocky is a good solid keeper whonive enjoyed having at Hibs but he's no as good as some on here would have u believe - we move on and so does he
    I know Rocky makes some mistakes, he doesn’t let tame shots in that go in the middle of the goals though. The Liam craig one is totally different, although still saveable, the ibrox one he saved which is proving my point, regardless of how he does it.

Everyone acknowledges that Rocky makes some mistakes, albeit very little howlers, there’s plenty saying Macey hasn’t made any errors though. I know what one is blind defence.

I don’t know if it’s just me but the rest of the players seem to love him I think?

Looks like there’s a real appreciation of him and friendly relationship with the other players and I think that’s also showing in the performances

@hibs.net private member
    I'm sure he is undefeated when played.

Is rocky mindset OK though going out contract and as we currently know no deal elsewhere will he risk all when his future at stack. For that reason Macey

He also commanded the air and made a low down fingertip save to turn around post with his great reach ,although the ref gave a goal kick .Yes I think players have confidence in him .

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Was there any explanation about why Rocky wasn't involved yesterday? Toys out the pram by him or maybe attitude dipped in training and left out

@hibs.net private member Allant1981's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Was there any explanation about why Rocky wasn't involved yesterday? Toys out the pram by him or maybe attitude dipped in training and left out
    Probably to do with his wife and kid being stuck in Germany now trying to get back home

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Macey seems to launch the ball up the park then looks to see how it got on ?

I would much rather he tried to pick out a green jersey every time even if it means going short

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Macey seems to launch the ball up the park then looks to see how it got on ?

I would much rather he tried to pick out a green jersey every time even if it means going short
    I didn’t notice that, i noticed he seemed passed with himself when he kicked it up the park and it didn’t go where he intended?

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    I didn’t notice that, i noticed he seemed passed with himself when he kicked it up the park and it didn’t go where he intended?
    Yip saw that more than once