hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Seeing as we’ve, ridiculously, failed to beat them at home in years now, I suppose we’re right to want to avoid them...
    Is the cup final being played at Easter road?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    When did we become **** scared of the mighty St Johnstone? They’ve had a few results against us, but we’ve got a significantly better team that them. Looking for positives from their players catching COVID is pathetic, we should be looking at ourselves and finding a way to break them down.
    We have a significantly better team than them?
    Are you joking?

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by loanheadhibby View Post
    We have a significantly better team than them?
    Are you joking?
    Yeah, they're only 15 points behind us right enough.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Is the cup final being played at Easter road?
    The last time we played them at hampden didnt go so well to be fair..

Someone posted our results vs st Mirren, utd, +1 and it was somwthing like, w8 d1 L0.

An entirely different picture to our record vs st Johnstone.

St Johnstone are arguably the best team left from an organisational pov. Similar to Mcinnes' teams. They cruised our last game. Ross didnt seem to have a plan B,C,D.

United and st Mirren would both try to match us and take us on in the game. This hasn't worked well for them.

So yes, hopefully st Mirren do them as, all going well, we would have a much better chance against them.
    Last edited by RoYO!; 06-05-2021 at 07:50 PM.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Yeah, they're only 15 points behind us right enough.
    How's their head to head record with us?

They're a bit of a bogey team and we can say "We should cruise it if we play to our best", but what's stopped us at Easter Road since 2012 in doing that? What stopped us the last time at Hampden?

They'd be a very difficult team to beat in the final. I'd much rather face St Mirren.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post

They're a bit of a bogey team and we can say "We should cruise it if we play to our best", but what's stopped us at Easter Road since 2012 in doing that? What stopped us the last time at Hampden?

They'd be a very difficult team to beat in the final. I'd much rather face St Mirren.
    The fact we were rank for two years then weren’t in the league for 3 years is part of the problem id imagine.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    The fact we were rank for two years then weren’t in the league for 3 years is part of the problem id imagine.
    Still not a good enough excuse for not beating St Johnstone at home for nearly a decade

Left by mutual consent!
    https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/hea...&team2_id=2472

Shows recent head to head record.

Since 2017

Played 13
    Won 3
    Lost 5
    Drawn 5
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 07-05-2021 at 08:25 AM.

I agree 100%. They are a bogey team for us, but the league table doesn't lie. We are a better team than them and, as we've already shown this season, we can beat them. The first goal would be vital but we're definitely capable of doing it.

In any case, neither they nor we are there yet. Here's hoping for a big performance on Saturday.

@hibs.net private member
    This is the team that couldn't buy a goal until they scored 3 against us in that hampden second half, but we should have been out of sight by half time, the game might have been different if we had given ourselves something to protect, they are far from the world beaters some seem to think.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    , but the league table doesn't lie. We are a better team than them.
    The league table can often mask gain or loss of form. St Johnstone had a shocking start to the season so have done well to gain ground. Last 10 games shows them 1 point ahead of us and last 6 they have 11 points to our 7. Put that together with our head to head results and St Johnstone have a good argument that they are the better team.

Ultimately the teams are pretty evenly matched but Hibs are definitely a more expansive team. For Hibs to win it will be imperative to inject some pace into our play and move St. J about and our defence to have a bit more resolve and make St J. Work hard for any opportunities. First goal is going to be crucial.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LeithMike View Post
    The league table can often mask gain or loss of form. St Johnstone had a shocking start to the season so have done well to gain ground. Last 10 games shows them 1 point ahead of us and last 6 they have 11 points to our 7. Put that together with our head to head results and St Johnstone have a good argument that they are the better team.

Ultimately the teams are pretty evenly matched but Hibs are definitely a more expansive team. For Hibs to win it will be imperative to inject some pace into our play and move St. J about and our defence to have a bit more resolve and make St J. Work hard for any opportunities. First goal is going to be crucial.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
    But if we take only the weekends where we won and they lost, then we're infinitely better than them.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    This is the team that couldn't buy a goal until they scored 3 against us in that hampden second half, but we should have been out of sight by half time, the game might have been different if we had given ourselves something to protect, they are far from the world beaters some seem to think.
    They might not be world beaters, but Hibs record of 3 wins in 13 against St Johnstone since our return to the Premiership, to their 4 wins in 13 tells us that neither are we.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Still not a good enough excuse for not beating St Johnstone at home for nearly a decade
    That is true, and undeniable, however those two years prior to relegation and the three years we were down, it’s hardly a surprise. Would everyone be extremely confident if we drew Celtic at Hampden seeing as we haven’t lost at home to them in about the same time? Our record since coming back up vs St Johnstone is fairly 50/50 with plenty of draws I think.

Hibs have got a few players who, individually, are better than anything St Johnstone have, hence why we’re getting 7 figure bids for some of them.

We’re reliant on a few players whereas they can make changes and things stay pretty much the same. When the two teams play each other at the moment, they definitely have the edge.

If you ever offered me a cup final against St Johnstone I’d bite your hand off, but I don’t think we’re significantly better than them at the moment.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/hea...&team2_id=2472

Shows recent head to head record.

Since 2017

Played 13
    Won 3
    Lost 4
    Drawn 6
    I actually thought it was slightly worse than that, so I checked myself. And it is. Our record against them in all competitions since we came back up is won 3, drawn 5, lost 5.

That’s a bogey team if ever I saw one and people are actually asking why we would rather avoid them?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    I actually thought it was slightly worse than that, so I checked myself. And it is. Our record against them in all competitions since we came back up is won 3, drawn 5, lost 5.

That’s a bogey team if ever I saw one and people are actually asking why we would rather avoid them?
    So it is, we have lost three in a row now to them.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Seeing as we’ve, ridiculously, failed to beat them at home in years now, I suppose we’re right to want to avoid them...
    We won’t be playing them at home.

United we stand here....

Just signed Zlamal on an emergency loan. Must mean Parish is one of the players out and they don’t think Clark will make it

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    Just signed Zlamal on an emergency loan. Must mean Parish is one of the players out and they don’t think Clark will make it
    Zlamal is cover for Parish. Clark is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    They'll be hoping he does a Conrad.

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    They'll be hoping he does a Conrad.
    I don't think he has the build to do a Conrad
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

I’ll quite frankly take any small advantage that makes it easier for Hibs to win the cup. St Mirren are ranked below St Johnstone so I want them to go through on this instance.
    I'll accept any advantage too.

Would imagine this will just remind the Hibs players to be super careful over the next 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk