hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It doesn’t seem to have done leagues such as Spain, Portugal and Germany any harm.

Would need to be an option for any teams that wanted to do it rather than just Celtic and Rangers though.
    It's been the case in Germany for decades. HOWEVER the regional leagues in Germany are big enough to allow smaller traditional teams to survive. It would only work in Scotland if they expanded the amount of teams in the league.

Personally, providing there's no promotion for B teams allowed and the leagues are expanded, then I think smaller teams could benefit from it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    Sevco have form for for entering half way up a league structure.
    That’s not strictly true. At the time they entered the league that was the bottom tier. The Pyramid started the following year IIRC.

We can be sure that they are not looking to do this for the benefit of Scottish football as whole, or the Lowland League. They must see some advantage to their "A" team from the arrangement, and any advantage to them is by definition a disadvantage to their competition such as ourselves.

Should not be supported.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    As mentioned earlier, we had a team in the league below this and chose to withdraw it. I think Stranraer have a colt team in the pyramid too.

There are problems with it but I don't understand why this isn't being said, it's happened before.

Had a look and Stranraer colts are in the south of scotland league which can be promoted to the lowland league.
    Stranraer Reserves are ineligible for promotion to the lowland league. Cant remember why though.

@hibs.net private member hibsforeurope's Avatar
    The money offered is what made this happen. asked my local lowland league team if this offer would be expanded to other teams, repose was no one else could afford it, so sounds like they haven't even approached others.

not sure on the rules but this could have been used by Hibs to get fringe players games.

Left by mutual consent!
    Not seen this mentioned here, this is for one season only... sounds iffy to me and if not only one of them would get promoted as pyramid stands....

Pretty much ruins the lowland league.
    I’ll be supporting the league side from now. Cmon Brechin.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    That’s not strictly true. At the time they entered the league that was the bottom tier. The Pyramid started the following year IIRC.
    Didn't realise that.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Are their any rules about ages of players who can play in the league, or can 1st team players returning from injury get a run out?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Are their any rules about ages of players who can play in the league, or can 1st team players returning from injury get a run out?
    Seen it quoted tonight it’s 17-20 year olds apart from keepers.