hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    It's always celtic AND rangers when things like thiso are discussed. Why doesnt one of them have the balls to go it alone?
    It's almost like they work together.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Another example of The Rangers and Celtic being a double act. Joined at the hip,and together equally a blight on Scottish football.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    STV news saying it’s for one season only
    They would say that. Once the principle is established I don’t see it being reversed.

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    I think the Highland League will be just fine with out them and their baggage. There’s a long history of healthy rivalries there. The novelty of having them in the Lowland league will quickly wear off.
    Without the baggage for sure. Whilst the novelty will wear off, the finances will probably still be a plus for years to come. I think this colt thing will keep raising
    its head until it finally becomes a reality. The goalposts will move to suit promoting them in the long run.

It's just the way of football and change on general.

I presume the SPFL sides in the top 4 tiers only get to vote if they want to be able to gain entry via promotion from the Lowland League. Any such proposals must be voted down. No way does any of this benefit Scottish football and any such claims are just a cover story. It is clearly just to benefit those 2 and they'll bribe the smaller clubs to get them on board.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I presume the SPFL sides in the top 4 tiers only get to vote if they want to be able to gain entry via promotion from the Lowland League. Any such proposals must be voted down. No way does any of this benefit Scottish football and any such claims are just a cover story. It is clearly just to benefit those 2 and they'll bribe the smaller clubs to get them on board.
    It doesn’t seem to have done leagues such as Spain, Portugal and Germany any harm.

Would need to be an option for any teams that wanted to do it rather than just Celtic and Rangers though.

@hibs.net private member JohnMcM's Avatar
    I’ll be truly hacked off if they get in at the expense of other clubs trying to get there by playing football. I don’t trust the motives of the uglies.

@hibs.net private member
    It’s going to happen sooner or later. I’d have it as part of a full restructure. A Premier league of 16 full time only professional clubs with reserve teams. A Championship of 10-16 that could realistically be termed full time professional clubs. Relegation /Promotion between
    Premier and Champs. The Pyramid would be below this and there would be no promotion or relegation automatically. I’d go to a financial viability test if someone was to get demoted from the Champs. Pyramid would be semi pro / amateur and any premier club could have a Colts team In it. Perhaps a Top league of 20 with access to League Cup, Scottish cup and Challenge cup . Could have a 2nd tier if it’s regionalised. Colts teams to find their level but never any access to Full time Professional leagues

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    It doesn’t seem to have done leagues such as Spain, Portugal and Germany any harm.

Would need to be an option for any teams that wanted to do it rather than just Celtic and Rangers though.
    Hasn't it? I don't know but I don’t buy the "it will benefit the Scottish game" BS. It is obviously to solely benefit Celtic and Rangers and will only serve to further widen the gap between them and the rest. I'd be interested to know how in Spain, Portugal and Germany it has benefited the other top tier teams who don't have B teams. I do agree with your 2nd paragraph about how it should be open to all clubs. Do you remember their sneaky proposal last year where the terms for other clubs doing it weren't as favourable?

One minute they want to leave and join a British Superleague (was that to help the Scottish game or was it just for selfish reasons?), the next minute they say the proposal re colt teams will help Scottish football. I'm okay with clubs trying to improve things for themselves but when it will be, IMO, to the detriment of others then I'm dead against it. I don't trust them and they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes with the "benefitting Scottish football" line.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Newry Hibs View Post
    It's always celtic AND rangers when things like thiso are discussed. Why doesnt one of them have the balls to go it alone?
    It's almost like they work together.
    aye... funny that isn’t it

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Hasn't it? I don't know but I don’t buy the "it will benefit the Scottish game" BS. It is obviously to solely benefit Celtic and Rangers and will only serve to further widen the gap between them and the rest. I'd be interested to know how in Spain, Portugal and Germany it has benefited the other top tier teams who don't have B teams. I do agree with your 2nd paragraph about how it should be open to all clubs. Do you remember their sneaky proposal last year where the terms for other clubs doing it weren't as favourable?

One minute they want to leave and join a British Superleague (was that to help the Scottish game or was it just for selfish reasons?), the next minute they say the proposal re colt teams will help Scottish football. I'm okay with clubs trying to improve things for themselves but when it will be, IMO, to the detriment of others then I'm dead against it. I don't trust them and they're trying to pull the wool over our eyes with the "benefitting Scottish football" line.
    Agree with this. How can Rangers and Celtic entering teams at that level benefit that league? It's a bit cheeky saying it will benefit that league commercially as its surely not about commercial benefits at that level? They shouldn't be allowed to dilute there presence into every part of the Scottish game.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    **** them.

The Strollers statement says it all. There are teams that are investing time and money trying to gain entry into the Lowland League on sporting merit. Football should always be a meritocracy and parachuting those 2 into anywhere other than the very bottom of the pyramid is wrong.

Aside from the unfairness on the teams in the EOS League and so on it's only a stepping stone into trying to get them into the league system proper.
    Yup. Totally unfair on the teams trying to win there way in. If it's the Old firm by definition it's not in the interest of anyone else, they're a disease & letting them spread
    will cause nothing but damage.

The Lowland League should be told that if they admit teams which have not been promoted from below they have opted out of the pyramid system and future the end of season playoffs will be bottom of league 2 v the Highland champions.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar

"Petrie blasts Rangers chief Robertson"

"At a virtual meeting on April 9, hosted by Stewart, and including a representative from Celtic FC, the SPFL and Scottish FA, there was general consensus on the call that given the adverse publicity and temperature among clubs, the proposal was unlikely to garner the support of enough clubs to enable the SPFL rule change to progress further."

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/spo...terview-colts/

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    https://news.stv.tv/sport/celtic-and...opposition?top

Not looking good for the B teams 👍
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I’d rather see more forward thinking Junior teams there if there’s any left in the pyramid system.
    They're all in the pyramid now. The last remnants moved across for the coming season.

Quote Originally Posted by Moulin Yarns View Post
    https://news.stv.tv/sport/celtic-and...opposition?top

Not looking good for the B teams 👍
    Unfortunately I think Bonnyrigg and Civil are in a minority and the proposal may well be carried tonight. There's something happening here - Scottish Football Innovation Paper which is often referred to, but no one has seen.

I think the Lowland League will be stunningly naive to accept this proposal - there is not any benefit here for the LL, whatever is in this proposal the value is all for Rangers and Celtic.

£50K will make up minds

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    £50K will make up minds
    £50K split 16 ways is £3,125.00

In terms of the top half of the league it's barely a players wages for a year.

I think you're right though, that will turn some heads.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    £50K will make up minds
    They shouldn’t be allowed to get promotion though

@hibs.net private member
    If they want to join the lowland league, they shouldn't be allowed and should start in the west of Scotland lower leagues. Not fair on the teams in the lowland league who have had to pay through the nose to meet requirements.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    They shouldn’t be allowed to get promotion though
    They wouldn’t get promoted, however they’re banking on being allowed this for a year the spending the next year bribing league 2 clubs to expand there next year.

The worst part of Scottish football is Old Firm dominance- why would you allow them more teams ?

1 season is madness.

Why don’t they start a reserve league ?

Why don’t they play younger players ? Well they buy talent and then even when league is won in March they don’t play youngsters.

Any word from vote this evening ?

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenCastle View Post
    The worst part of Scottish football is Old Firm dominance- why would you allow them more teams ?

1 season is madness.

Why don’t they start a reserve league ?

Why don’t they play younger players ? Well they buy talent and then even when league is won in March they don’t play youngsters.

Any word from vote this evening ?
    From a journo on Twitter.

Lowland League clubs vote in favour of admitting Celtic and Rangers colts teams to their league next season.

Eleven clubs in favour, five against, one abstained.

Indicative vote, with confirmation expected at AGM in two weeks.

From Twitter

Lowland League clubs vote in favour of admitting Celtic and Rangers colts teams to their league next season.

Eleven clubs in favour, five against, one abstained.

Indicative vote, with confirmation expected at AGM in two weeks.

@hibs.net private member
    Money talks :(

First Team Breakthrough
    Shameful decision

As mentioned earlier, we had a team in the league below this and chose to withdraw it. I think Stranraer have a colt team in the pyramid too.

There are problems with it but I don't understand why this isn't being said, it's happened before.

Had a look and Stranraer colts are in the south of scotland league which can be promoted to the lowland league.

Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    As mentioned earlier, we had a team in the league below this and chose to withdraw it. I think Stranraer have a colt team in the pyramid too.

There are problems with it but I don't understand why this isn't being said, it's happened before.

Had a look and Stranraer colts are in the south of scotland league which can be promoted to the lowland league.
    Issue isn’t with colt teams, of which there are plenty, Stranraer, Edinburgh uni, Stirling Uni etc, all have colt teams, but all started at the bottom. If these clubs want to start at the bottom fine, if not they shouldn’t be jumping the queue of clubs who have spent thousands to get into position.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Issue isn’t with colt teams, of which there are plenty, Stranraer, Edinburgh uni, Stirling Uni etc, all have colt teams, but all started at the bottom. If these clubs want to start at the bottom fine, if not they shouldn’t be jumping the queue of clubs who have spent thousands to get into position.
    Sevco have form for for entering half way up a league structure.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.