hibs.net Messageboard

1902 The Play follows John McGinn to Birmingham

Hi Guys,

My name is Nathan, I am the creator of the Hibs show 1902 which has been at the Edinburgh festival for the last 3 years (Excluding Covid last year) We are taking the show to Birmingham, now home to Super John McGinn and just wanted to get the word out about it on here in case anyone is based in Brum or wants to make the journey down in July. Its not an advertisement, I just think its important that all Hibs fans get a chance to experience the show. Also looking for any advice on how to reach hibs fans that arent in Scotland.

Cheers

Nathan

GGTTH

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Anthony Soprano's Avatar
    Never seen the play but would do so if it's going to be showing at the next Edinburgh festival.

@hibs.net private member Ryan91's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Soprano View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Never seen the play but would do so if it's going to be showing at the next Edinburgh festival.

Same story here, yet to take the opportunity to go and see it, so if it's going to be on this August, I'm strongly considering going.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibs114 View Post
    Hi Guys,

My name is Nathan, I am the creator of the Hibs show 1902 which has been at the Edinburgh festival for the last 3 years (Excluding Covid last year) We are taking the show to Birmingham, now home to Super John McGinn and just wanted to get the word out about it on here in case anyone is based in Brum or wants to make the journey down in July. Its not an advertisement, I just think its important that all Hibs fans get a chance to experience the show. Also looking for any advice on how to reach hibs fans that arent in Scotland.

Cheers

Nathan

GGTTH
    What dates is it running?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

A brilliant show I'd highly recommend to anyone who hasn't seen it!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    What dates is it running?
    Its on from the 5th to the 8th of July

Certainly the Villa fans took an interest in SJM years at Hibs ,wanting to find out what all the fuss was about,
    Oh!The History !!!
    The Cup win after such a long wait ,
    John's Song,
    Post match Exuberance ,Men greetin, Women greetin
    Bairns greeting "Ah want ma tea!"
    Polis greetin ,cos their team got beat.
    The Sunday
    What was witnessed all the way down Leith Walk to the Links will live long in the memory of those youngsters who were there,
    I hope they have many more such days

Four us oldies
    114years of aches ,and pain ,frustration and anger, returning from Hampden in the years we should have won it post war, Clyde and Oldco 1979 for example.
    But we got it eventually .

When the show gets to Birmingham

I just hope they understand !

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Nathan

GGTTH
    You could also post this on the Villa forum, maybe even straight onto their dedicated SJM thread (they don't start a new thread for a player every time he has a good game or a bad game ��).

https://www.villatalk.com/topic/1783.../281/#comments

I'd tweet SJM himself. He may well retweet it.

Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    I'd tweet SJM himself. He may well retweet it.
    Good idea.

They could offer him tickets or even a cameo role, I wouldn't put it past him to turn up if he's not got something else on.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Good idea.

They could offer him tickets or even a cameo role, I wouldn't put it past him to turn up if he's not got something else on.
    I’m sure there’s someone on here that will know John or have his number instead of just a tweet, saw quite few McGinn signed villa tops going about

Hi Guys,

Cheers

Nathan

GGTTH
    There is also another forum Avillafan.com you could post on as well. Good luck with it in July

Quote Originally Posted by Hulk1875 View Post
    I’m sure there’s someone on here that will know John or have his number instead of just a tweet, saw quite few McGinn signed villa tops going about
    Yeah we are really trying as I know he would love the show. We are back in Edinburgh in August for the festival but our venue has closed down so we need a new place to house it.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Yeah we are really trying as I know he would love the show. We are back in Edinburgh in August for the festival but our venue has closed down so we need a new place to house it.
    Seen you in the Wee Red Bar a few years back.
    Although a wee bit bigger, this would go down amazingly well at the Hibs supporters club at Sunnyside. Probably difficult to do contractually wise, and probably a little too far outside the traditional Fringe "area", but man, it would rock!

Nathan
    Reaching fans in England?
    Have you contacted the Club, or website team and possibly the guys that do Hibs TV ?
    Maybe you could do an interview, or maybe get a plug for the play to reach supporters doon south

All the best

Theres always under the stand in the east concourse. Has been used in the past. Plenty of room for distancing and could keep the doors open for ventilation.

Thought of trying the Villatalk forum and any other Villa forums you can find?

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Nathan
    Reaching fans in England?
    Have you contacted the Club, or website team and possibly the guys that do Hibs TV ?
    Maybe you could do an interview, or maybe get a plug for the play to reach supporters doon south

All the best
    Hey mate, Yeah we have contacted the Club but we aren’t really getting a response.

Cheers

Nathan

Better start writing the sequel - 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    Better start writing the sequel - 2016.
    To be fair, it has a ring to it!