hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar

What games from this season will go down as the memorable ones?

While we are within touching distance of securing third place and a very good chance of securing a Scottish Cup Final date and a season which could be the best for decades, looking back on the games to date, I can’t really think of that many games which we will be reminiscing about in the future, or had we been able to attend, look back on as memorable days or nights.

Would have been some good away days but really we have just won games where we would have been disappointed not to, and we don’t really have any stand out days in what has been to date a good season.

Hoping that the big ones are still to come of course, but to date, I can’t think of any one game that gets the hairs standing up thinking back over. I don’t think that would have been any different whether we were in attendance or not.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    On the negative side, the two semi finals. Can’t get away from that.

In the middle, the 1-1 post Dubai Celtic game. We were treated poorly that day as we wanted to ensure extra checks for the safety for our players and staff but were told naw, it’s fine, get on with it or you’re getting your erses skelped.

On the plus side, the 2-2 game vs Rangers with Porto winding up all and sundry no ends, the 4-1 humping of Livi in what had been a fortress for them just the season before, the dissection of Aberdeen in the league, the Motherwell game in the cup too.

Also one not involving us - Brora. I will never tire of hearing about that.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

I think this question could well see a very different answer depending on what happens in the coming days and weeks.

For the positives the Livingston and Hamilton games near the start of the season stand out. We were excellent in both, The Rangers 2-2 game at home was also a good battling performance. Finally the Aberdeen win at home recently. Although we didn't win I think all the other games v Rangers will be remembered for the various refereeing decisions that arguably cost us points in each. Finally as said above the 1-1 draw at Celtic Park was commendable given the build up.

On the negative it has to be the semi finals, particularly the Hearts game. Very disappointing but we have the chance to right a few wrongs there.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    matches are never as memorable if you can't attend them. Because it's not just the football itself we go for..it's the atmosphere, the jokes, the pies, the whole thing. If we win the Cup then watching it on TV will be memororable...but otherwise the season has been very flat becuase it's been a 'virtual season'. Footballs not football without fans.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Not trying to purposely put a downer on the season but there really hasn’t been any game this season that I think I’ll remember for the right reasons.

We’ve had a lot of decent results but for the vast majority of them, that’s all they’ve been. Putting a good few goals past Livi etc is nice but it’s not something any of us will be looking back on it in a year I’d suspect.

We’ve had a couple of shockers at Hampden which unfortunately will probably live longer in the memory than any of our victories this season.

Hopefully there’ll be at least two very memorable games to come, both in the cup.

Left by mutual consent!
    For me, at this point, it's the two Semi Finals.
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 05-05-2021 at 12:49 PM.

@hibs.net private member danhibees1875's Avatar
    The 3 semi finals, and hopefully the final (for a good reason).

I don't think there was much else memorable really due to the circumstances of Covid.
    Mon the Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 3 semi finals, and hopefully the final (for a good reason).

I don't think there was much else memorable really due to the circumstances of Covid.
    The Motherwell quarter final. Plenty of bottle shown by the players in getting through that tie.

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    First Livingston game
    Aberdeen Win
    2 semi finals
    Rangers 2-2
    Celtic 1-1
    Motherwell Quarter final
    This coming Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think some of the away wins would have been superb to have been at in person.

It’s a shame for Jack Ross and the players because they probably won’t get the credit they deserve for those results.

At this point it’s hard to look back on any performance watched at home on your Tod with any great fondness.

Give it a few weeks though and I’m sure “that time we won the Scottish cup again” would be good no matter which way we did it or where we watched it from.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Honestly, none of them stick out in particular. We've had a season where we decimated the smaller teams and struggled to beat the bigger ones. The 2-0 v Aberdeen was the only real success story as far as the latter goes.

Hopefully Saturday and the 22nd will be memorable games for us this season, in a good way.

The first game v Livingston
    Great performance but also seeing a young team in the corner make the effort to go and support the team

Honestly don’t think I’ll ever look back on any game from this season, unless we win the cup.

Some decent results, would have been some good away days. Beating Aberdeen was a big result at the time.

There are games that are memorable for the wrong reasons, which I'm sure others have mentioned, but we also have quite a few positive memories...

We annihilated Livi earlier in the season (4-1), beat Aberdeen quite comfortably the last time we played them and in six out of seven games, we've given both Celtc and Rangers a run for their money.

If it weren't for some pretty bad refereeing against der Hun, we would probably have beat them.

Aside from those, in one week in December we beat Motherwell and then Hamilton, both away from home, scoring seven and conceding zero in the process. We also played quite scintillating football over those two games

We then had four league wins in a row end of January / beginning of February, conceding only one goal.

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    Hamilton away and the cup final win 😃

Most have been mentioned already. All though the football has been passive at times I think we have played some nice stuff.

Early with the Nisbet hatrick away to livi and then the 3-2 at home was some of the best football until about 70th minute until we made we let them back in the game.

Overall it has been a good balance as the league table and cup runs show, the defence has been amazing for most of the season.

Gogic was the signing we needed and Irvine has fitted in also.

Nisbet great signing and hopefully on course for a euro call up. Like we all think if only he scored the pen but he and Hibs have the best chance to make up for it.

Buzzing for Saturday.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Motherwell away, St Mirren away and Livi away early doors.
    Aberdeen at home, Motherwell in the cup, Rangers at home (2-2) Celtic at home (2-2)
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Brora 2, The Filth 1.

@hibs.net private member
    The 2 - 0 Aberdeen win for me because it was such a comprehensive victory and it established us for the first time as favourites for third place
    Last edited by 147lothian; 05-05-2021 at 10:52 PM.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Ultimately there was to be no real stand outs. No memories or occasions which will reminisced about in the future.

Won a lot of games but none which would have merited a SOL celebration, lap of honour etc. Not even the semi win.

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Brora 2, The Filth 1.
    The right answer. Sadly.

none. just regrets on what might have been. standard.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    3 memorable defeats at Hampden. Othe than one win at Hampden there’s been very little memorable positive.

None.