hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Daniel Mackay

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Thing is that if we keep developing young talent who end up moving down south and are fair with sell on fees, deals like this will be easier as we benefit from a great player, the player benefits from the greater exposure and move down south and the selling club get a wedge of cash too.

Everyone wins, we get a reputation as a club that it’s good to sell to and agents come to us, not the other way around.

Unless you happened to have a talent like, say, Josh Doig and released him and no longer have a financial stake in him. That would be madness.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye I get what he meant now.
    What’s promising in the discussion I read was that they were more concerned in getting a decent sell on. They seem to think he’s going a long way.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    Thing is that if we keep developing young talent who end up moving down south and are fair with sell on fees, deals like this will be easier as we benefit from a great player, the player benefits from the greater exposure and move down south and the selling club get a wedge of cash too.

Everyone wins, we get a reputation as a club that it’s good to sell to and agents come to us, not the other way around.

Unless you happened to have a talent like, say, Josh Doig and released him and no longer have a financial stake in him. That would be madness.

No danger any club would do that surely? Mental behaviour.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    When has Budge said they’re skint? They’ve still got the FOH cash rolling in along with Andersons gifts. She did plead poverty after they were relegated ahead of the court pish but we all know the reason for that.

Maybe salesman’s licence

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.e...e-19961216.amp

Only seen him a few times but like the response from most hibees so welcome aboard.

What’s promising in the discussion I read was that they were more concerned in getting a decent sell on. They seem to think he’s going a long way.
    I saw your latest post and agree with that. There will be a lot of smaller clubs looking at the SJM situation with us and wanting their share of future deals. But like you say, you wouldn’t risk a lower fee for a generous sell-on clause if you didn’t have confidence in the boys ability. All good signs 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    This looks like a very shrewd bit of business and always nice to get one wrapped up early.

I love this kind of signing. Some work out, some don't but that's football.
    I see your still sore from the Kujabi signing. I think our missplaced optimism will take a while longer to recover from.

[/b]

No danger any club would do that surely? Mental behaviour.
    Even if it happened once it’s unlikely that the same situation would be Cummings around anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I’d take anything she says with a pinch of salt. Belt tightening there doesn’t necessarily mean they’re skint. They have a huge gut to get the belt round. They’ll still have a decent budget. Nice to note in the article that the “r” word remains absent. Demotion the preferred option this time. Pathetic stuff.

Does anyone know if he is a left footer, or is he another right footed guy that runs down the left and comes in on his right like Horgan, Wright and Murphy. Just curious

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by badabing67 View Post
    Does anyone know if he is a left footer, or is he another right footed guy that runs down the left and comes in on his right like Horgan, Wright and Murphy. Just curious
    Right footer

I don't really think it matters nowadays, many right footers play on the left and vice versa.

Can't find out what foot he uses (think it's right) but I can find out he has cropped blonde hair and is clean shaven 🙄

vietnamese keyboard

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Right footer
    That doesn't really balance the side out wonder if we should expect a bid for Boyler in the summer.

@hibs.net private member
    Welcome to Hibs Daniel.

That doesn't really balance the side out wonder if we should expect a bid for Boyler in the summer.

Why? Boyle plays on the right or as a make shift striker, just because he's right footed doesn't mean it takes away from balancing out the team, Kent, Barker, Horgan, Murphy etc, all play predominantly off the left and are right footers

Just broke the news to an ICT supporting pal whose response was "You are joking. Hibs Bar Stewards." So he must be decent.

He’s right footed but normally plays on the left.

More happy to go on the outside than Horgan etc. Knock it past them and go

Boyle isn't leaving Hibs unless for decent cash now. The chance was last summer. He's 28 now, playing his best football, raising a family. He's here to stay. And honestly, this is his level.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Can he play on Saturday?

Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Can he play on Saturday?
    Of course not.

More likely Nisbet away?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenbeard View Post
    More likely Nisbet away?
    I think it’s highly likely Nisbet will leave in the summer.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Of course not.
    Woooosssshhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Can he play on Saturday?
    I’m not sure if this is now a running joke or not but I’ve never seen so many similar comments about players being signed or returning from loan in May and being able to play!

ICT fans seemed to think they may only just get six figures.
    £9999.99

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo6-2 View Post
    Anyone else think its strange the deal has been announced before the laddie actually signed?

Wouldn't surprise me if Allan Preston was setting it up for Hearts to gazump the deal. The Hearts fans love that type of ****
    Exactly what I thought. Sounds like medical is only last thing before official.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Exactly what I thought. Sounds like medical is only last thing before official.
    I thought that too. We don’t normally announce deals until medical is completed and assuming the medical is done in the coming days then what’s the rush?

I think Hibs are conscious of Hearts last minute attempts to hijack our desks for Nisbet and Wright (i think?) and have announced it early just in case, if Hearts were to come in late again, the fact we’ve made it public would put a bit more pressure on him to say no to them.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I thought that too. We don’t normally announce deals until medical is completed and assuming the medical is done in the coming days then what’s the rush?

I think Hibs are conscious of Hearts last minute attempts to hijack our desks for Nisbet and Wright (i think?) and have announced it early just in case, if Hearts were to come in late again, the fact we’ve made it public would put a bit more pressure on him to say no to them.
    i think it’s more likely that it’s merely formalities left so happy to announce now given that it had pretty much already leaked. I would be quite certain hibs and ict announcing it had nothing to do with hearts.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRobot View Post
    i think it’s more likely that it’s merely formalities left so happy to announce now given that it had pretty much already leaked. I would be quite certain hibs and ict announcing it had nothing to do with hearts.
    Not just hearts, other teams coming in last minute to gazump us.

You might be right but I just wondered if it was something we were mindful of after what’s happened a few times recently. Nisbet, Wright, Mcrorie and Ojo.

The fact we’ve gone public early could in theory, just give him something else to think about should his head get turned with a late offer from elsewhere.