hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    So your informed opinion comes from Off the Ball and a .net poll that I won't be creating anyway.

Crack on!
    You never learn do you.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I wonder how many people slating Thistle would take the same position if it was us that were impacted in the way they were ...
    Correct.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post
    Create a Neil Doncaster approval rating poll on here and find out for yourself.

Again, it is universally agreed from fans of all clubs that he isn't the right person to be running Scottish Football. You just need to listen to Sportsound on a Saturday. Cosgrove and Cowan slating him and all the pundits.

https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/i...a-cnt/page/10/
    Yet the vast majority on P&B except for a few jambo moonhowlers didn't criticise Doncaster for the end of last season

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    You never learn do you.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I thought it was the rule to end a season before it ended and on an uneven number of games. The vote suggests a decision was needed rather than just applying the rules you’re suggesting they had written down.

I’m probably just amazed they had foreseen this situation and had rules in place for it.
    Be amazed.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analys...-predicaments/

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.”

Clubs were given a vote even though there was nothing which meant the SPFL had to give them that, Hearts voted to end the season in that vote. The Court of Session decided no rules had been broken.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Be amazed.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/analys...-predicaments/

“Season means the period of the year commencing on the date of the first league match in a season and ending on the date of the last league match in the same season or otherwise as determined by the board and which excludes the close season.”

Clubs were given a vote even though there was nothing which meant the SPFL had to give them that, Hearts voted to end the season in that vote. The Court of Session decided no rules had been broken.
    I am amazed. So much for unprecedented eh?

I wonder how many people slating Thistle would take the same position if it was us that were impacted in the way they were ...
    The people running our club would be to blame. Unlike most clubs, we were actually negatively impacted by how the league placings were decided.

I am amazed. So much for unprecedented eh?
    So no-one is being "blinkered" on this thread, there were no rules broken and none were made up on the hoof other than to give the clubs a chance to democratically vote on the season ending and all your posts on this thread are wrong.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    You never learn do you.
    I really think it’s time that the two of you put each other on ignore.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Pathetic, classless nonsense that will reduce their credibility in the longer term.

no one will even remember it by the start of next season

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    He'll be telling me that I'm acting like an admin next.

Quote Originally Posted by The dalmeny View Post
    no one will even remember it by the start of next season
    Remember what?

I can see their point of view and from what I remember there was a lot of sympathy for Partick on here at the end of last season.

What I don't understand is their attitude to Neil Doncaster and the 2 football authorities. Their fellow member clubs voted for their relegation so, for me, they've picked the wrong targets for their wee benny.
    Great use of the Benny word :

He'll be telling me that I'm acting like an admin next.
    Let’s not continue this.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

Left by mutual consent!
    Don't be daft. Do people really put people on ignore?

Don't be daft. Do people really put people on ignore?
    Yes. I highly recommend it. These constant back and forths and woe is me is spoiling the enjoyment of the board for a lot of people and you should both either do this over PM or not at all.

That’s the last I shall say on that so this can get back on topic and not end up as another locked thread.

got a lot of time for Patrick Thistle ..and their fans - those from Glasgow who choose not to support the old firm deserve respect imho.
    Can't agree, every one of them I've met has been the absolute stereotype of a West End Glaswegian... Art school, quinoa and brewdog 🙄 they're only thistle fans so they can tell everyone how much of an individual and how special they are imo 😁

@hibs.net private member
    So no-one is being "blinkered" on this thread, there were no rules broken and none were made up on the hoof other than to give the clubs a chance to democratically vote on the season ending and all your posts on this thread are wrong.
    I think an element of being blinkered is part of the reason we have responses like we do. Put it this way if it had been us who were 2 points behind with a game in hand there would’ve been more said of it.

I don’t think it’s black and white - like most things in life.

I think an element of being blinkered is part of the reason we have responses like we do. Put it this way if it had been us who were 2 points behind with a game in hand there would’ve been more said of it.

Thing is, if they’d come up with a fairer way to end the season and dish out prize money I think people would be all ears. No relegation and promotion would favour the teams who stayed up as they could likely outspend a team from the league below which would keep them safe the following year. If TV deals are dependent on four OF league games in a season then you can’t just reform the league like that.

Not heard a peep from either club about a fairer way to end the season and until they can come up with a plausible method they don’t have an argument IMO.

@hibs.net private member
    Thing is, if they’d come up with a fairer way to end the season and dish out prize money I think people would be all ears. No relegation and promotion would favour the teams who stayed up as they could likely outspend a team from the league below which would keep them safe the following year. If TV deals are dependent on four OF league games in a season then you can’t just reform the league like that.

Not heard a peep from either club about a fairer way to end the season and until they can come up with a plausible method they don’t have an argument IMO.
    I can see the argument for ending and was laughing at hearts as much as anyone - I just think Partick took a sore one and not many seem to have much sympathy or empathy.

One solution that wasn’t discussed much was finishing the season like the EPL did. Arguments were made about fixture congestion which were nonsense based on the EPL and Championship managing it (given they have the same number of competitions, weekends and midweeks).

Except the rules, they were in black and white, literally. I find the ones most blinkered are those who like to stoke the controversy, like Tom English ignoring every answer put to him last summer and still asking the same questions over and over, even though he had heard the answers time and again.

Even he gave up on this topic - eventually.

I can see the argument for ending and was laughing at hearts as much as anyone - I just think Partick took a sore one and not many seem to have much sympathy or empathy.

One solution that wasn’t discussed much was finishing the season like the EPL did. Arguments were made about fixture congestion which were nonsense based on the EPL and Championship managing it (given they have the same number of competitions, weekends and midweeks).
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing though and there was no way of knowing if we could conclude it and with so many teams screaming out for prize money action needed to be taken.

For me, Partick have somewhat burned any sympathy I may have had for their situation quite quickly indeed.

The problem with finishing the season was that the Scottish Government put a stop to clubs training, which wasn't the case in England. Restarting and finishing the season in Scotland was out of the question because of this.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It is agreed universally that Neil Doncaster is not the right person to be running Scottish Football.
    Obviously not if the clubs keep him in his position

@hibs.net private member
    Except the rules, they were in black and white, literally. I find the ones most blinkered are those who like to stoke the controversy, like Tom English ignoring every answer put to him last summer and still asking the same questions over and over, even though he had heard the answers time and again.

Even he gave up on this topic - eventually.
    It’s hardly stoking controversy to say it’s harsh to be relegated when you’ve played less games than those ahead of you.

It’s hardly stoking controversy to say it’s harsh to be relegated when you’ve played less games than those ahead of you.
    Did they stop at the word "harsh" or did they cheer and goad the clubs involved so much it ended up in court?

It was harsh, it was unfortunate but it was unfair or out with the rules.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Aberdeen have benefited with finishing bottom too and not being relegated.

The point is, why is it made up as they go along in Scottish Football?

The Hibs situation you previously mentioned was thirty years ago, and we stayed up legitimately (though only just), not because of a rule change. Plus nobody suffered as a result, as two clubs were still promoted.

Aberdeen benefited from a rule regarding stadium criteria. It wasn't 'made up as they went along', but was well known at the time. Plus that was about twenty(?) years ago. Bit of a bummer for Falkirk, I must admit, but not the League's fault.

Anyway, neither of those had anything to do with Doncaster, or anybody else currently in charge.

Last year there was an unprecedented situation with a global pandemic. There were always going to be some losers and they tried to come up with the fairest solution.

The clubs then voted this through, not Doncaster and Co.
    Last edited by Keith_M; 05-05-2021 at 05:20 PM.

The problem with finishing the season was that the Scottish Government put a stop to clubs training, which wasn't the case in England. Restarting and finishing the season in Scotland was out of the question because of this.
    The bigger problem was the number of players that were going to be out of contract before any restart could happen.

What happened was unfair on the three clubs who were relegated, but that was their own fault for being so poor that season and a lot less unfair than any of the alternatives.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.