hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    McCall said on the radio that he will tell his story in due course and give exclusive toTom English - another prick whose hated towards Neil Doncaster comes through every time he is on the radio.

I think Patrick out of all the clubs were the most unlucky but the bitterness and love in between Jackie Low and Budge was cringe x 1000. They and the gorgie mutants seem to forget they took other clubs to court which if they had won would have prevented them getting promoted.

McCall is the perfect example of a bitter opinionated hun prick.
    He has said the same thing every week since they were relegated. A total pain in the ass.

He seems to think that Scottish football is eagerly awaiting his account of things.

A totally insignificant lower league club manager that’s well past it.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Never used to mind Thistle but they’ve turned into a right shower of twats. Not surprising with McCall in charge.

Richard Foster is also an utter prick.

Not a dig just an observation will anyone outside of Firhill even notice or care

I have a fair bit of sympathy for them, they're entitled to act like twats for a wee while.

Them and Falkirk were very harshly treated.

Hearts less so and whilst it won't be a popular opinion on here, I do have sympathy for Hearts being relegated without playing all their games and it being official. I have less sympathy for them than the other teams because they were utter garbage for about 18 months, leaving them in the position they were in when the music stopped.

It was slightly harsh but a decision needed to be made and when you're 4 points marooned you can have fewer complaints than if you were 2 points behind with a game in hand.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    I have a fair bit of sympathy for them, they're entitled to act like twats for a wee while.

Hearts less so and whilst it won't be a popular opinion on here, I do have sympathy for Hearts being relegated without playing all their games and it being official. I have less sympathy for them than the other teams because they were utter garbage for about 18 months, leaving them in the position they were in when the music stopped.

It was slightly harsh but a decision needed to be made and when you're 4 points marooned you can have fewer complaints than if you were 2 points behind with a game in hand.

Agree, it was harsh. But it wasn’t unfair... given the options, it was the least unfair way to resolve an unfinished season, which no one wanted but became impossible to avoid.

After the tantrums and legal action - pure selfishness that detracted from preparations for this season - they don’t deserve sympathy.

It’s so UNFAIR!

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I agree. Taking rivalry out of it, it was unfortunate for all the clubs who were relegated, but it would have been harsher to deny promotion to the clubs that had earned it. Any sympathy then disappeared with the relegated clubs' legal action and attempt to burn Scottish football to the ground.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Left by mutual consent!
    Embarrassing behaviour from Partick.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Would be funny if nobody took the trophy or medals to Firhill since they’re not allowed in

@hibs.net private member LancsHibs's Avatar
    What a petty irrelevant wee club, but that’s enough about Hearts surprised and disappointed in PTFC.

@hibs.net private member
    I’m definitely against the grain here. I like McCall. Like listening to him and think he’s a decent manager ..also got a lot of time for Patrick Thistle ..and their fans - those from Glasgow who choose not to support the old firm deserve respect imho.

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I’m definitely against the grain here. I like McCall. Like listening to him and think he’s a decent manager ..also got a lot of time for Patrick Thistle ..and their fans - those from Glasgow who choose not to support the old firm deserve respect imho.
    I like Ian McCall too. But this pseudo-hertz behaviour has been embarrassing. Partick were my dad’s team so I’ll always have a soft spot for them but their antics over the past year have been really disappointing.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    I like Ian McCall too. But this pseudo-hertz behaviour has been embarrassing. Partick were my dad’s team so I’ll always have a soft spot for them but their antics over the past year have been really disappointing.
    I think they were very unlucky to be relegated ...wronged perhaps - so I can understand their resentment to the footballing authorities

Left by mutual consent!
    Good on Partick Thistle. I like Ian MacCall. Total football man.

Hopefully it's clear to the SPFL and SFA that they are making a pigs ear of the running of the professional leagues in Scotland and its not just about two clubs from Glasgow.

Its clear there needs to be change in how the leagues are governed and structured. The handling of the leagues being brought to a close early last season was a total shambles.

Well done Partick.

Quote Originally Posted by Allez Hibs View Post

Hopefully it's clear to the SPFL and SFA that they are making a pigs ear of the running of the professional leagues in Scotland and its not just about two clubs from Glasgow.

Its clear there needs to be change in how the leagues are governed and structured. The handling of the leagues being brought to a close early last season was a total shambles.

Well done Partick.
    How would you have brought them to a close?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    How would you have brought them to a close?
    Expanded the leagues and used it as an opportunity to have a 16/18 team top league playing each other twice like 90% of all the other top leagues across Europe. This playing each other 4 times a season is just daft and solely benefits the Old Firm.

Spread the wealth potentially a bit for clubs like Partick, Falkirk, Ayr, Morton, Raith and Dunfermline.

It can't always just be about Rangers and Celtic.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar

Well done Partick.
    The clubs decide how the leagues are governed and structured, therefore it's the clubs that are making a "pig's ear" of running themselves.

I actually think they dealt very well with a pretty brutal situation last season.

Expanded the leagues and used it as an opportunity to have a 16/18 team top league playing each other twice like 90% of all the other top leagues across Europe. This playing each other 4 times a season is just daft and solely benefits the Old Firm.

Spread the wealth potentially a bit for clubs like Partick, Falkirk, Ayr, Morton, Raith and Dunfermline.

Playing each other 4 times benefits the other premiership sides a lot more than it benefits the OF.

Can't blame the SPFL/SFA for that. The structure that is in place is what the clubs decided on. Nothing to do with those at the SPFL/SFA running the game.

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes, because the club's have become too reliant on away ticket sales from the Old Firm. So a cycle has been created in Scotland where everything is weighted towards the old firm and clubs rely on their ticket sales. It is actually anti competitive.

The way its governed in Scotland is a shambles.

No of teams who have featured in Champions League from other countries:

Spain 13
    Germany 13
    France 11
    England 10
    Italy 10
    Holland 7
    Russia 7
    Belgium 6
    Turkey 6
    Switzerland 5

Scotland 2
    Last edited by Allez Hibs; 05-05-2021 at 10:25 AM.

Yes, because the club's have become too reliant on away ticket sales from the Old Firm. So a cycle has been created in Scotland where everything is weighted towards the old firm and clubs rely on their ticket sales. It is actually anti competitive.

The way its governed in Scotland is a shambles.

No of teams who have featured in Champions League from other countries:

Spain 13
    Germany 13
    France 11
    England 10
    Holland 7
    Russia 7
    Belgium 6
    Turkey 6
    Switzerland 5

Scotland 2
    Not disagreeing about 16 or 18 teams though my understanding was it was changed because there were far too many meaningless games towards the end of each season. (CWithout checking, I could be wrong about that).

Again you've said the governance is a shambles. What is about the governance that's a shambles? (Bearing in mind that both me and Peevemor have pointed out it is the clubs that determine the league structure and not those who govern Scottish football).

Partick were honking last season, bottom of the table and relegated as per the rules they signed up to. And this was just a couple of seasons after being relegated from the top league. Like Hearts, if they really want to improve, they will need to start taking responsibility for themselves.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    Partick were honking last season, bottom of the table and relegated as per the rules they signed up to. And this was just a couple of seasons after being relegated from the top league. Like Hearts, if they really want to improve, they will need to start taking responsibility for themselves.
    They were relegated being 2pts behind QTS with a game in hand.

They were relegated being 2pts behind QTS with a game in hand.
    And still bottom of the league on an average points per game basis, which is why they were relegated.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quite right.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fezziwig View Post
    The rules were made up/agreed after they signed up.

I think a lot of the comments on this thread are due to Hearts’ involvement- anyone that can’t put themselves in their shoes or see their point of view is completely blinkered IMO.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post

I think a lot of the comments on this thread are due to Hearts’ involvement- anyone that can’t put themselves in their shoes or see their point of view is completely blinkered IMO.
    Yes, just because it was Hearts doesn't make it right.

What rules were broken?

I can see their point of view and from what I remember there was a lot of sympathy for Partick on here at the end of last season.

What I don't understand is their attitude to Neil Doncaster and the 2 football authorities. Their fellow member clubs voted for their relegation so, for me, they've picked the wrong targets for their wee benny.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Personally I think that because it was hearts it was more right than it would have been for any other club! They were total dug***** for 18 months and deservedly went down. Partick were dug***** for en avenue longer time and deserved to go down. Just because they had a game in hand doesn't mean they would have won it. They were both rock bottom for a reason.
    So in summary, suck it up Partick and GIRFUY hearts

But it does make it funny.

Partick were hard done by due to being 2 behind with a game in hand. Hearts much less so due to being much further behind with no games in hand and playing sh*te. Any sympathy I might have had for them quickly evaporated because of the way they have behaved in the last 12-13 months.

This latest episode with their trophy presentations is just petulant attention seeking and they both need to grow up.

Good to know Hearts are still hurting about it though.