hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Open goal

Testimonial Due
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Iainhfc PSN ID: Iainhfc

Open goal

2hour interview with Jackson Irvine , usually funny but this definitely be worth a watch I think

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks. Think I'll wait to see if folk say whether or not that Slaney guy makes it unwatchable as he usually does.

@hibs.net private member Winston Ingram's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Thanks. Think I'll wait to see if folk say whether or not that Slaney guy makes it unwatchable as he usually does.
    Turns out JI is really good mates with Slaney

Left by mutual consent!
    Listened to the first 45mins and it's been really good so far

Great interview with Jackson.

Top guy and top player, really hope we can get his contract extended.

Don’t think people appreciate how hard it must be signing for us in January after not playing for 9 months.

A full pre season and he’ll be brilliant.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Subtitles for Slaney by the way

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Good interview, but the presenters habit of calling people by nicknames known only to supporters of the unwashed is a tad annoying.

Have to say, what passes for being a "character" and "some boy" etc, is all a bit tragic. I suppose it reminds me of what a insular and cosseted bubble pro footballers inhabit. IN no other walk of life would invading an occupied toilet and collecting someone's Tom Kite, then running around with it be considered normal or high jinks. The same with all the fighting pish. Coaches going toe to toe with young boys who have been a bit wide to them, awful stuff.

Irvine comes across as a decent guy, he says he becomes very attached to a football team he plays for and that made me think that his signing up with HIbs longer term is a possibility. Ferri also mentioned that he will be playing against guys he knows very well next season when Hearts are promoted (Boyce). Maybe just supposition on his part though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen work View Post
    Great interview with Jackson.

Top guy and top player, really hope we can get his contract extended.

Don’t think people appreciate how hard it must be signing for us in January after not playing for 9 months.

A full pre season and he’ll be brilliant.
    A top player and brilliant?
    I really hope so but not convinced so far.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by superfurryhibby View Post
    Good interview, but the presenters habit of calling people by nicknames known only to supporters of the unwashed is a tad annoying.

Have to say, what passes for being a "character" and "some boy" etc, is all a bit tragic. I suppose it reminds me of what a insular and cosseted bubble pro footballers inhabit. IN no other walk of life would invading an occupied toilet and collecting someone's Tom Kite, then running around with it be considered normal or high jinks. The same with all the fighting pish. Coaches going toe to toe with young boys who have been a bit wide to them, awful stuff.

Irvine comes across as a decent guy, he says he becomes very attached to a football team he plays for and that made me think that his signing up with HIbs longer term is a possibility. Ferri also mentioned that he will be playing against guys he knows very well next season when Hearts are promoted (Boyce). Maybe just supposition on his part though.
    Really enjoyed it in the main however agree some of the stories about crappiing in someone's shoes or ripping someone's clothes up on a night out etc really do show how much of a bubble players are in and the crass level of immaturity some of these characters have. A laugh is a laugh however some of it is away beyond the pale and personally while some players will find it funny bet there are equal numbers that really can see it far enough. The Ross county boy in his flat inviting his mates over and saying you can do the toilet everywhere but the toilet is really disgusting to be honest.

Jackson came over well and speaks well and hope he signs again for us as will only get better imo.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sheggs84
    Pennant came out on his open goal interview saying when he was on trial at Hibs he was only offer a few hundred pounds a week and felt violated!

I suppose he was past it the time he was at us

Quote Originally Posted by 1875Sean View Post
    Pennant came out on his open goal interview saying when he was on trial at Hibs he was only offer a few hundred pounds a week and felt violated!

He did alright in his trial at Dunfermline IIRC, think he might have even scored? Don’t think he went onto do much after that though which suggests we were right in our offer.

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar

Given his next stop was an unspectacular period at Billericay Town, I think we were pretty generous.

Boy should’ve been paying us for the privilege. Waster.

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    Given his next stop was an unspectacular period at Billericay Town, I think we were pretty generous.
    I don’t disagree but you’d think both sides would have a fair idea of salary expectations before a trial period takes place.

Seems a bit of a waste of everyone’s time.

The guy was done as a credible footballer by Summer 2014 and been struggling for 2 seasons before that.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 08-11-2021 at 08:56 PM.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Pennant talks some pish. Says he was interested in signing for Celtic when his contract with Stoke ended in 2014, and was keen to sample the Old Firm games. He’d have been hard pushed with them no even being in the same league.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I don’t disagree but you’d think both sides would have a fair idea of salary expectations before a trial period takes place.

Seems a bit of a waste of everyone’s time.
    There is no way in this world Pennant would be here if he and agent had an idea what we were likely to say offer. Maybe the offer changed post trial though

From what i saw of him in the game against Dunfermline, that was a few hundred pounds too much.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

I’ve been violated for less

United we stand here....