hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member

Motherwell then St Johnstone

Two teams who we have (really) struggled against this season.

St Johnstone are a huge threat against us at set pieces and Motherwell seemed to swamp us when they get forward.

What do Hibs need to do differently to get the result?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Two teams who we have (really) struggled against this season.

St Johnstone are a huge threat against us at set pieces and Motherwell seemed to swamp us when they get forward.

Eliminate the thought that they are teams we struggle against and ban the term ‘bogey team’. Go for the jugular from the very start.

Quote Originally Posted by hibee316 View Post

Take our chances when they come.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member The Spaceman's Avatar
    Make sure Ryan Porteous is switched on and doesn't try any silly back-passes. I like Porto but he has cost us against St J a couple of times now.

Turn up like we did first half Vs Livi and they won't stand a chance.

Sit off them and play within themselves because they're scared to get sucker punched and the inevitable will happen.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Keep doing what we’re doing.

We’re hitting great form at the perfect time in the season, just got to keep it going a few more weeks.

@hibs.net private member
    They are two good teams who have both claimed victories against us this season - but equally they have both had their ***** handed to them on a plate by the mighty Hibees on other occasions.

We have nothing to fear from either side. Of course they should be respected and treated as a serious challenge, but we should approach these games in the certain knowledge that we have a bigger, better squad than either of them - which includes players the managers of St Johnsone and Motherwell would give their right arms for.

Nothing should be taken for granted in any game of football, but we have the players to win both these games. I would change nothing from the starting eleven vs Livi if I was Jack Ross - they near enough dismantled Livi in the first half on Wed and are perfectly capable of doing the same to both Motherwell and St Johnstone.

Minus the LC semi we have an equal share of the points with both those teams this season i.e. a win, a draw and a loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Wheat Hound View Post
    Minus the LC semi we have an equal share of the points with both those teams this season i.e. a win, a draw and a loss.
    The win at McD was daylight robbery though

We need to play narrow. Well will ignore the wings and run at us through the middle. Irvine and Newell need to be in their faces on the centre circle as that’s where the game will be won and lost.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    We need to play narrow. Well will ignore the wings and run at us through the middle. Irvine and Newell need to be in their faces on the centre circle as that’s where the game will be won and lost.
    That does match up against them, however negates the positives of our wide play. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    I wonder if somewhere in Motherwell there are people saying that they can't keep it too narrow as we'll murder them on the wings?

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basehibby View Post
    They are two good teams who have both claimed victories against us this season - but equally they have both had their ***** handed to them on a plate by the mighty Hibees on other occasions.

We have nothing to fear from either side. Of course they should be respected and treated as a serious challenge, but we should approach these games in the certain knowledge that we have a bigger, better squad than either of them - which includes players the managers of St Johnsone and Motherwell would give their right arms for.

Nothing should be taken for granted in any game of football, but we have the players to win both these games. I would change nothing from the starting eleven vs Livi if I was Jack Ross - they near enough dismantled Livi in the first half on Wed and are perfectly capable of doing the same to both Motherwell and St Johnstone.
    Hear hear 👍The above is my thoughts too 🇳🇬
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough Hibs1969's Avatar
    No Roberts or Watt for Motherwell today which should work in our favour, they did real damage when they won at ER. If we play like we did in the first half against Livi we’ll be fine. If we play like we did in the second half it’ll be a tough one.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post

Said this for a while about certain teams at Easter Road. INFACT I think this is why hearts beat us the last two times at home. Not sure if it makes a difference or not ( though I think it does ) but certain teams allow us the width at ER knowing we have less players in midfield.

Certain games I’d be all in favour of reducing the width of the pitch so that we’re forced to match teams in the centre and maybe just maybe we’d see an improvement in our home results.

GGTTH

C' mom !! We can do it !!!

I expect us to win and win well. This is a different Hibs to the one Motherwell beat.