hibs.net Messageboard

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Spanish reporter Xavi Torres now saying all 6 English clubs have backed out, lol

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ed Woodward resigning from his post at United
    This just gets better
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member
    Man City and Chelsea exit the European Super League, Chelsea have left Man City are filling in the paper work

Does this finish of the daft idea for good?

We’re always being told it’ll happen eventually, money will talk and so on. But money hasn’t talked here, thankfully.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    what a loady nonsense this has all been

Juventus president has also resigned.

Left by mutual consent!
    A lesson in fan power.

We in Scotland really could have things more our way if we did this kind of thing more often. Especially up here, boards rely on ticket revenue so much. I hope when we return to stadiums better organising takes place to kick out the elements of modern football we despise.

Well done to the fans of all the 'big six', but by god I hope the rest of the league throws the book at their owners. Lifetime bans for them all imo

Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    Wow, hes the Fiat guy, his family has run Juve for 100 years. Scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    what a loady nonsense this has all been
    Deary me. How such big money could make such a big error in judgement makes you wonder how they made it big in the first place. I wasnt against the initial idea of it but was under the impression that they had their fans onside and were leaving their domestic league. Cant believe they made it all public not knowing if their fans were onside. Unbelievable screw up.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Their own hubris has killed them.

This is amazing.

Coaching Staff
    Spanish reporter Xavi Torres now saying all 6 English clubs have backed out, lol
    Dead in the water hopefully

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
    hopefully we’ll see a bloodbath at board level in all clubs involved. Metaphorically. ish.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Still want all twelve of them punished though. Three season European ban would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan Hibernia View Post
    hopefully we’ll see a bloodbath at board level in all clubs involved. Metaphorically. ish.
    Might be a few horses worried about their heads

Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    Still want all twelve of them punished though. Three season European ban would be nice.
    I like your kind of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by ABZHFC View Post
    A lesson in fan power.

We in Scotland really could have things more our way if we did this kind of thing more often. Especially up here, boards rely on ticket revenue so much. I hope when we return to stadiums better organising takes place to kick out the elements of modern football we despise.

Well done to the fans of all the 'big six', but by god I hope the rest of the league throws the book at their owners. Lifetime bans for them all imo
    I don't think the fans of the big six deserve that much praise. They've played a part in derailing the breakaway but they've been happy enough to lap up success while their clubs have distorted football and fostered the environment where this week's nonsense could even happen.

This applies to fans of many teams in the top European leagues of course (Germany excepted, apart from Leipzig).

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    I honestly think that is a fairly sensible punishment. They 100% deserve to have some form of punishment handed down to them

Ed Woodward resigning from his post at United
    That does mean they may get their **** together 🤣

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    I don't think the fans of the big six deserve that much praise. They've played a part in derailing the breakaway but they've been happy enough to lap up success while their clubs have distorted football and fostered the environment where this week's nonsense could even happen.

This applies to fans of many teams in the top European leagues of course (Germany excepted, apart from Leipzig).
    Oh I agree, particularly their non match-going fans. They undoubtedly have played their part in fostering the conditions for this by demanding their owners spend hundreds of millions on players etc.

However, it was at least good to see their diehards come out and protest so vociferously, a big **** you to all those who think money trumps all

Quote Originally Posted by 147lothian View Post
    Man City and Chelsea exit the European Super League, Chelsea have left Man City are filling in the paper work
    They said (on Sky Sports I think) yesterday that Chelsea and Man City were unsure about joining it but did because the others were, they didn't want to be left out. A bit of FOMO going on.

@hibs.net private member Pagan Hibernia's Avatar

that's harsh. Liverpool fans led the way in the ticket prices protests a couple of years ago. United fans fought like hell to stop their club getting taken over by Murdock in 98 (they won that one) and then Glazer.

they do of course have a lot of glory hunting fans, all of them. But their proper support are clued up on issues that matter to all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by ahibby View Post
    Deary me. How such big money could make such a big error in judgement makes you wonder how they made it big in the first place. I wasnt against the initial idea of it but was under the impression that they had their fans onside and were leaving their domestic league. Cant believe they made it all public not knowing if their fans were onside. Unbelievable screw up.
    Many of these clubs are up to their necks in debt with little prospect of clearing it under current set up. You could argue these owners are simply doing what any normal business would do - try to protect their interests and develop new revenue generating opportunities. Their problem is they think the world is just a big Corporate America and soccer is just another franchise in waiting.

Now they will feel the backlash from all directions.

Wonder how the Man U share price is doing ?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    They said (on Sky Sports I think) yesterday that Chelsea and Man City were unsure about joining it but did because the others were, they didn't want to be left out. A bit of FOMO going on.
    Ffs sounds like the playground. If he told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? Absolutely pathetic.

As a Man United fan, I have to say the opposition to the Glazers has been fierce. However, they don't care about the fans and have never asked their opinion on anything. So what can they do, other than walk away? Some did, some even set up a phoenix club - FC United - and started from the bottom rung, but still the Glazers are there. Many stopped buying merchandise and boycotted club sponsors. What else can the fans do?

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Many of these clubs are up to their necks in debt with little prospect of clearing it under current set up. You could argue these owners are simply doing what any normal business would do - try to protect their interests and develop new revenue generating opportunities. Their problem is they think the world is just a big Corporate America and soccer is just another franchise in waiting.

Now they will feel the backlash from all directions.

Wonder how the Man U share price is doing ?
    I hope it's like Wall Street, October 1929.

@hibs.net private member
    Through hilarity of Chelsea and Man City standing against money in football 😂😂😂😂.

I'll not hold my breath for their fans to start questioning their ownership and how that impacts competitiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    As a Man United fan, I have to say the opposition to the Glazers has been fierce. However, they don't care about the fans and have never asked their opinion on anything. So what can they do, other than walk away? Some did, some even set up a phoenix club - FC United - and started from the bottom rung, but still the Glazers are there. Many stopped buying merchandise and boycotted club sponsors. What else can the fans do?
    I'll hopefully never have to find out for sure, but I've often thought that if Hibs were in that position I would walk away.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Ffs sounds like the playground. If he told you to jump off a cliff would you do it? Absolutely pathetic.
    Indeed. This kinda of stuff is amateurish. Shows how out of touch they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I hope it's like Wall Street, October 1929.
    Any self respecting financial journo should be looking into the trading activities of the club owners over the last few days

Funny thing is, if they had just kept on threatening to leave, uefa would have given them their super league over the next few years anyway.
    That threat is gone now. I’m blown away by how much of a balls up they have made of this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk