hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Klopp too.
    Not for me. Had the chance to confirm he’s completely against it yet keeps saying he needs to see the details first. Has a go at the fans for having a go at the club, has a go at Leeds about standing up to it. I’d wager a decent sized bet that Klopp would be in charge of Liverpool for the first game if it goes ahead.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Could see Klopp walking from Liverpool in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by hibbysam View Post
    Not for me. Had the chance to confirm he’s completely against it yet keeps saying he needs to see the details first. Has a go at the fans for having a go at the club, has a go at Leeds about standing up to it. I’d wager a decent sized bet that Klopp would be in charge of Liverpool for the first game if it goes ahead.
    Not sure about that. Just seen him interviewed before the Leeds game and he looked like a guy struggling to be diplomatic.

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    Not sure about that. Just seen him interviewed before the Leeds game and he looked like a guy struggling to be diplomatic.
    Watched it myself and like I say, he could easily have said he completely disagreed with it and wouldn’t be there should Liverpool go ahead with it. He didn’t and ended up turning it into an argument against UEFA, FIFA, fans, Leeds, Gary Neville.

Klopp will be the Bayern manager next season.

Watched it myself and like I say, he could easily have said he completely disagreed with it and wouldn’t be there should Liverpool go ahead with it. He didn’t and ended up turning it into an argument against UEFA, FIFA, fans, Leeds, Gary Neville.
    He can't say that without resigning today. I think he will be gone before too long. Maybe to Bayern?

He can't say that without resigning today. I think he will be gone before too long. Maybe to Bayern?
    Then he should’ve walked then.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Hope it gets made to those clubs/ franchises that if they leave for this super league and it goes pear shaped, returning to their current leagues would not be an option.

It would be , apply for admission and start at the bottom of the pyramid. About 10 years to climb back up in England.

Buying a Football league club and changing its name should also be blocked. If Man.U or the like buy something like Fleetwood Town to jump over a few divisions their name should still be Fleetwood Town , even if they’re playing at Old Trafford.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Hope it gets made to those clubs/ franchises that if they leave for this super league and it goes pear shaped, returning to their current leagues would not be an option.

It would be , apply for admission and start at the bottom of the pyramid. About 10 years to climb back up in England.

Buying a Football league club and changing its name should also be blocked. If Man.U or the like buy something like Fleetwood Town to jump over a few divisions their name should still be Fleetwood Town , even if they’re playing at Old Trafford.
    Didn't a UEFA statement last night say any clubs returning to their own leagues would have to begin in the fifth tier?
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post

They're not leaving their own leagues. The ESL would be midweek, with domestic games at the weekend.

"How did Spurs and Arsenal wangle an invite into this Super League? I'd rather watch the champions of San Marino; they're a joke to watch at the moment"

Gary Neville

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    They're not leaving their own leagues. The ESL would be midweek, with domestic games at the weekend.
    They have been told they we will be leaving, like or not.

Are Spurs a much bigger club than Roma?

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Are Spurs a much bigger club than Roma?
    Not in terms of history or support I wouldn't say so. Probably roughly about the same.

Spurs commercially seem to punch well above their weight though.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post

It’s just the thin end of the wedge. We all know that to be true.

@hibs.net private member
    I think Bayern want Nagelsmann to be their next coach

I’d also like to think this is the backlash we’d receive if we ever tried to piss off and leave the dregs of Scottish football to die in a ditch just so our owners can make a quick buck or 5.

They could be leaving their own league by tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’d also like to think this is the backlash we’d receive if we ever tried to piss off and leave the dregs of Scottish football to die in a ditch just so our owners can make a quick buck or 5.
    We’ll find out soon enough.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    It’s hardly a Euro competition when it only involves 3 countries.

They need to get others on board or it will be tails between the legs for them.

Feels weird being on UEFAs side in this. Someone on the radio pointed out that they aren’t the good guys.

There aren’t any good guys. Just two group of horribly greedy suits that continue to fleece fans.

https://twitter.com/theathleticuk/st...587091457?s=21

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Would a League or an FA want 6 teams that probably don't want to compete in the cups or constantly play reserve teams? They don't need to win any competition to qualify for the Rollerball Federation. So what is the point of them other than ESL?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hats off to Neville but Mercer takeover bid a bit closer to heart

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We’ll find out soon enough.

In your opinion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Wouldn’t be surprised if this is why Ron bought Hibs. Maybe he sees an Atlantic league as an inevitability if he heard this was in the pipeline and wanted in. Looks like these models generate money for owners in the US and he does have a background in broadcasting. Seems to make sense and answers a few questions about why he bought us in the first place.

https://twitter.com/theathleticuk/st...228875268?s=21

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Wouldn’t be surprised if this is why Ron bought Hibs. Maybe he sees an Atlantic league as an inevitability if he heard this was in the pipeline and wanted in. Looks like these models generate money for owners in the US and he does have a background in broadcasting. Seems to make sense and answers a few questions about why he bought us in the first place.
    Nah. This has absolutely nothing to do with Hibs (thankfully).

This is about the biggest commercial entities in world football wanting to maximise TV revenue from other parts of the world but mainly from Asia and North America.

Nobody, not even us Hibs supporters, is bothered about Hibs playing some Norwegian or Irish side.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Think the message of the last 24 hours, is be aware of American owners. I’m still scratching my head why Ron Gordon would buy us for football reasons, and nothing has changed this since he bought Hibs

I still wonder why Sir Tom sold to him, it’s not as if he was needing the money

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Think the message of the last 24 hours, is be aware of American owners. I’m still scratching my head why Ron Gordon would buy us for football reasons, and nothing has changed this since he bought Hibs

I still wonder why Sir Tom sold to him, it’s not as if he was needing the money
    Don't agree with that at all. Ron Gordon has been good for Hibs and by all accounts seems to genuinely care for the club and it's community from those that have met him.

Just because he is American (well Peruvian actually) let's not all start looking at him as some kind of threat to the club.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    RG has been open about why he bought us from day 1.

He used his own cash and didn’t put us in any debt at all.

Looking for problems that simply don’t exist. RG is doing fine by us and I have absolute faith he will continue to do so.